HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2016, 11:05 PM   #4321
Supremacy Member

Hi could i ask for some feedback on the following itinerary for 1-10 November 2016.

01nov: arrival at CTS airport
02nov: Sapporo
03nov: Sapporo
04nov: Sapporo to Asahikawa (day trip)
05nov: Sapporo to Noboribetsu (day trip)
06nov: Otaru
07nov: Otaru
08-10: Hakodate

We are going as a group of 3, was thinking to go Niseko. But it's early November and can't ski, so decide to drop the idea.
1) any other recommendation?
2) do we need to get a JR pass?
Are you driving ?
Otaru to Hokadate via train ? u have to go via Sapporo, a long loop.

Are you flying out from Hakodate ?

Maybe can drop Asahikawa ... do Sap, Nobo, Hako route can cut some travelling time.

If going to Asahikawa, would suggest make a trip up Mount Asahidake (highest mountain in Hokkaido) .. it's amazing up there.

Use Hyperdia to check the train fares (u know about Reserved seats right ?)
Old 28-06-2016, 11:13 PM   #4322

Noboribetsu, need two nights in onsen ryokan will be ideal~
Apart from Onsen is there's anything else that worth 2 night stay? Sorry I'm a noob.. Thanks in advance
Old 28-06-2016, 11:17 PM   #4323

Are you driving ?

Maybe can drop Asahikawa ... do Sap, Nobo, Hako route can cut some travelling time.

If going to Asahikawa, would suggest make a trip up Mount Asahidake (highest mountain in Hokkaido) .. it's amazing up there.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not driving up. We arrival and depart from CTS,was thinking to take train thru out the journey. Survey done was that it's abt 4 hours train ride from Sapporo to HaKodate. And back to to CTS approx 3hr. It's that true?
To reach the highest mountain, how do we go abt? We tok of jus one day trip to the zoo. 😅😅
Old 28-06-2016, 11:45 PM   #4324
Supremacy Member

Hyperdia is your fren :
http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi/en/searc...d&sum_target=7

They are public buses from Asahikawa to the Asahidake Ropeway station. Maybe 1 hour journey. We drove the last time. Think u only have time to do either zoo or Asahidake, not both.
In Nov, the day is short & gets dark by 5pm.
Old 29-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #4325
High Supremacy Member

Apart from Onsen is there's anything else that worth 2 night stay? Sorry I'm a noob.. Thanks in advance
Noboribetsu u can go the Hell Valley and Ainu Museum. I believe there is bear park also.

Then another day u can go Lake Toya from Noboribetsu.

For ryokan, you can try Takinoya
http://www.takinoya.co.jp/

I went there in 2013, it was unforgettable experience.
Old 30-06-2016, 10:19 AM   #4326

for getting from Narita Terminal 1 to Shirokanedai station at about 3pm and 7am, what is the recommended transport option?
Old 30-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #4327
Arch-Supremacy Member

for getting from Narita Terminal 1 to Shirokanedai station at about 3pm and 7am, what is the recommended transport option?
Hyperdia suggested tom take to Mita by Keisei Narita Sky Access Exp. for HANEDA AIRPORT DOMESTIC TERMINAL. Then change to Toei subway for Shirokanedai
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/se...d&sum_target=7
chainer22 likes this.
Old 30-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #4328
High Supremacy Member

possible for tokyo to osaka universre theme park then come back tokyo to sleep? on same day

if can by what train?
Old 30-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #4329

possible for tokyo to osaka universre theme park then come back tokyo to sleep? on same day

if can by what train?
this is not like going to jurong leh
Old 30-06-2016, 02:23 PM   #4330
Arch-Supremacy Member

if can by what train?
if u take the first shinkansen from tokyo at 6am, u can reach USJ ard 9am. however, to get the last train back to tokyo, u need to leave latest ard 8+pm. so u will have to skip the night parade at USJ.

while it is possible, it is going to be expensive and time consuming to travel all the way there just for USJ. the train ride will cost u more than S$350 in total
Old 30-06-2016, 02:41 PM   #4331
High Supremacy Member

if can by what train?
Yes. it is possible. I done day trip before from Kyoto to Tokyo
Reach Tokyo 9am.
Then back to Kyoto by 9pm!

Old 30-06-2016, 05:37 PM   #4332

Has anyone been to izu? How was it?
I am going to izu instead of hakone or takaragawa for onsen. Might try diving if I can find the dive shop affordable.

Old 30-06-2016, 05:51 PM   #4333

Has anyone been to izu? How was it?
I am going to izu instead of hakone or takaragawa for onsen. Might try diving if I can find the dive shop affordable.
Not been there, but doing my reading on Izu as well. It's a big area. Depends on where you're heading to. Driving would be better. There are way too many onsen towns in Izu. Also depends on how long your stay in Izu would be. I'm not even sure if two weeks would be enough for me when taking public transport. Probably could only do east or west Izu.
Old 30-06-2016, 06:23 PM   #4334

Not been there, but doing my reading on Izu as well. It's a big area. Depends on where you're heading to. Driving would be better. There are way too many onsen towns in Izu. Also depends on how long your stay in Izu would be. I'm not even sure if two weeks would be enough for me when taking public transport. Probably could only do east or west Izu.
Staying at the east side for a day for ryokan+onsen after my mount fuji climb, then heading to dive the next day and then heading back to tokyo.

Will be staying at hinodeya which is a cheap ryokan(100sgd with breakfast only) at izukogen station and will be heading to the onsen below which is nearby.

http://top.dhc.co.jp/akazawa/onsenkan/index.html

It has infinity onsen facing the sea, looks nice. Was deciding between this and Yokikan which is pretty unique too but chose this. This onsen was fully booked on my date though so I chose a nearby ryokan instead.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #4335
Supremacy Member

Are you driving ?

For Asahidake...the weather is the key...in November...the mountain top might already be snowing....and if it's heavy snowing..there's no way you can do a day hike...and you will
be practically by paying for the ropeway for nothing...not to mention the bus fare and the time invested in the journey...the ropeway if i'm not wrong cost 15-20SGD for both ways and the bus journey is around the same price..i went to Asahidake last December and it was snowing very heavily...the only thing I saw
when I tried leaving the ropeway station when I open the door was just white...first time i saw what a white-out is
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.