Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi expert, do u know which part of the map its on google map? like near any specific building? i know its near shinjuku jr, but no idea which side is it

map017.gif

planning to get some toys as gifts for my hardcore anime friends :D

Pls advise, thanks.

here u go
“Œ‹ž“s*V*h‹æ*¼*V*h‚P−‚P‚P−‚P ƒˆƒhƒoƒVƒJƒ*ƒ‰ *V*h*¼Œû–{“X - Google ƒ}ƒbƒv

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should I buy pspvita in Japan? I saw only 19000yen! Singapore quite experience sia..

ps(u said ask u anything!)

1) warranty only in JP.
2) mode might start up in Japanese, not sure if can get English version.

SquallLH

Master Member
Reaction score
N2 meh?

thought its functional level of japanese? (can do basic communication.)

at most i try to rush to N3.

but assuming i cant make it to tokyo, other parts of japan need that high level? (osaka, nagoya, sapporo)?

I think life would probably be easier for those weaker in Japanese working/living in the first tier cities (i.e. Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Hiroshima, Fukuoka...) as there are more foreigners living in these cities.

If you can't make it to Tokyo/Osaka then you'll probably have a harder time with lower level of Japanese in other places... Unless if you're working as an English teacher then it probably doesn't matter at all :D

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think life would probably be easier for those weaker in Japanese working/living in the first tier cities (i.e. Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Hiroshima, Fukuoka...) as there are more foreigners living in these cities.

If you can't make it to Tokyo/Osaka then you'll probably have a harder time with lower level of Japanese in other places... Unless if you're working as an English teacher then it probably doesn't matter at all :D

i actually want to work in either tokyo or oaska as its more "singapore like". where i dont have to travel hours to work daily. just 1 train can bring me almost everywhere

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i actually want to work in either tokyo or oaska as its more "singapore like". where i dont have to travel hours to work daily. just 1 train can bring me almost everywhere
be prepared to get squeezed like sardines.

buzzmario

Reaction score
hi i planning trip for first 2 weeks of dec. likely tokyo and area around japan kyoto as it is my first time to japan.

travelling with wife and 1 9 year old kid, any help to the how to go about it on the planning? ie place to visit and stay?

thanks

qrsy2k

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm planning a trip to Osaka/Kyoto/Tokyo at last week of Dec to 2nd week of Jan. Read online that the new year festival period has quite a lot of shop closure. Is it really not advisable to travel during this period?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i'm planning a trip to Osaka/Kyoto/Tokyo at last week of Dec to 2nd week of Jan. Read online that the new year festival period has quite a lot of shop closure. Is it really not advisable to travel during this period?
Some shops will still be open. :)

Blitzy

Master Member
Reaction score

wow same... I'm also about to plan my honeymoon trip for Osaka/Kyoto/Tokyo before Christmas to 1st of Jan 2013 too :)

Might need to consult you all again when near to planning :)

qrsy2k

Reaction score
wow same... I'm also about to plan my honeymoon trip for Osaka/Kyoto/Tokyo before Christmas to 1st of Jan 2013 too :)

Might need to consult you all again when near to planning :)

Hi Biltzy same here planning for my honeymoon too. Not too sure whether to proceed with the date or postpone it

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dimitri, are you still helping to buy Ghibli museum (with a fee)? Not sure if you remember me, I had tried to transact with you previously but it ended up being sold out. I am going down to Japan again and was wondering if you would be offering that service again :)

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dimitri, are you still helping to buy Ghibli museum (with a fee)? Not sure if you remember me, I had tried to transact with you previously but it ended up being sold out. I am going down to Japan again and was wondering if you would be offering that service again :)

Don't think so... apologies...

lapucelle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wanna work in japan in the near future. how do i go about it?

N1/N2 helps a lot. But increasing number of companies using English as working language (e.g. Rakuten!). Based on what I see here, IT sector is hiring aggressively. Many openings for technical positions.

For longer term plans, there is a points-based system for fast-track long-term visa (if you meet the requirements)

Points-based preferential immigration treatment for highly skilled foreign professionals

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.