Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. With JR pass, you can enter and exit the manned gantry of JR stations. When you reach non-JR station, you cannot enter and exit. Time for you to switch to paid ticket or IC. The company logo will tell you whether it is JR or non-JR.

If you ever take Shinkansen, JR Pass itself will tell you that you cannot take Nozumi and Mizuho Shinkansen.

alright thanks alot for the info.. so the train i want to take.. look out for the manned gantry for JR pass.

how about changing for the JR pass early? would be collecting my tix at changi recommend. upon reaching jap can i change the tix for the pass early or only on the day i wan to activate?

lkenic

Reaction score
alright thanks alot for the info.. so the train i want to take.. look out for the manned gantry for JR pass.

how about changing for the JR pass early? would be collecting my tix at changi recommend. upon reaching jap can i change the tix for the pass early or only on the day i wan to activate?

no problem exchanging the pass early. you can specify a later date for the actual activation.
https://m.japan-rail-pass.com/common-questions/can-i-choose-the-days-of-use#top

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, it was answered for many times if you look at previous posts - I recall answering it few weeks ago.

Just specify the date you want to start using it. Japanese lady, most of the time, at the counter will dealt it swiftly accordingly.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
For the bus ticket from Shinjuku to Mt Fuji, can I make a reservation from this website? Is it reliable?

http://highway-buses.jp/fuji/

yes, it's legit. Print out the tickets as proof as usual. And keep the pdf soft copy tix as backup. The 5th stn route is currently unavailable for booking and the website did it the blocking in a crude way. You can go to other sites in the Mt Fuji area without issue though.

But you still can try your luck from kawaguchigo, they have regular buses up to 5th stn if the road are not closed for snow.

Last edited:

Alyeska

Reaction score
Hi, my friend just booked a flight for us from Singapore to Haneda but took the wrong timing for return flight. He only realized that he made a mistake about 30 mins after booking has been confirmed. Is there any way we can change the timing? Our international sector is S if you guys were wondering. Our flights is in July.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any way we can change the timing? Our international sector is S if you guys were wondering. Our flights is in July.
Depends on your particular airline and the particular fare class that the tickets are booked in. Normally only the most restrictive (i.e. promo i.e. cheap) tickets are totally non-changeable. Other tickets are changeable, but with different fees (could be a nominal admin fee, could be few hundred bucks).

Seyvon

Reaction score
I am travelling to japan in 2 weeks time, any recommendation for wifi sim card that i could get ? I will be there for 12 days

symbiote28

Reaction score
I am travelling to japan in 2 weeks time, any recommendation for wifi sim card that i could get ? I will be there for 12 days

i bought the 20 days data SIM card via Qoo10 for about $30+ and one travel wifi from Changi Recommends.

clara03

Reaction score
Need some itinerary and routes advises please.

I would like to cover Nishiki Market, Fushimi Inari Shrine, Higashiyama District and Kiyomizu-dera Temple, Jishu Shrine in a day.

In the Morning, we will go to Nishiki Market at 9am and spend about 2-3 hours. If the next stop we want to go is Fushimi Inari Shrine, we will take train to Inari Station, and spend another 2-3 hours.

By then it will be 2-3pm. From Fushimi Inari Shrine, next we would like to cover Higashiyama District,Kiyomizu-dera Temple and Jishu Shrine. Understand that Jishu Shrine is closing at 5PM and the Temple at 6.30PM.

Q) How about Higashiyama District? What time is the operating hours of the shops?

Q) Can we cover Higashiyama District, Kiyomizu-dera Temple and Jishu Shrine within 3-4 hours?

Q) From Fushimi Inari Shrine, is it recommended to go back to Kyoto Station and take Bus 100 or 206, then walk 10 mins to temple? Is there any other way?

Q) How should we plan our stops? Which comes first? Higashiyama District, Kiyomizu-dera Temple and Jishu Shrine.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I would like to cover Nishiki Market, Fushimi Inari Shrine, Higashiyama District and Kiyomizu-dera Temple, Jishu Shrine in a day.

In the Morning, we will go to Nishiki Market at 9am and spend about 2-3 hours. If the next stop we want to go is Fushimi Inari Shrine, we will take train to Inari Station, and spend another 2-3 hours.

By then it will be 2-3pm. From Fushimi Inari Shrine, next we would like to cover Higashiyama District,Kiyomizu-dera Temple and Jishu Shrine. Understand that Jishu Shrine is closing at 5PM and the Temple at 6.30PM.

Q) How about Higashiyama District? What time is the operating hours of the shops?

Q) Can we cover Higashiyama District, Kiyomizu-dera Temple and Jishu Shrine within 3-4 hours?

Q) From Fushimi Inari Shrine, is it recommended to go back to Kyoto Station and take Bus 100 or 206, then walk 10 mins to temple? Is there any other way?

Q) How should we plan our stops? Which comes first? Higashiyama District, Kiyomizu-dera Temple and Jishu Shrine.

Thank you very much!
Fushimi Inari is slightly off Higashiyama area. But good thing is there's no closing hours at the temple ground and the thousand tori gates area. So putting Fushimi Inari at the last stop will have the least chance of missing your plan, though you might be visiting it at dusk. It has a unique appeal at night too.

some samples
https://www.google.com/search?q=fus...HvrwKHYYCAy4QsAQIJg&biw=1280&bih=658&dpr=1.13

Those time you need to cover each place, other than required travelling time, are largely you own. If you touch and go, one intagram photo one landmark, and fit enough for brisk walking/running even on slopes, you can "cover" many places in a shorter time.

Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
another suggestion if you can wake up early is to reach fushimi inari really early like 7-8am. that's also before the crowd comes in and you can have the place to yourself. inari takes 2-3 hours only if you hike all the way to the top of the peak. then go back to kyoto station via inari line and take train/bus from kyoto station to nishiki market.

so you can have the afternoon at kiyomizudera/higashiyama.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thank you very much!

most shops will start closing once the surrounding temples are closed as well

it is faster to take the train from inari station back to kyoto, and then take the bus...

but the fastest way looking at your schedule is to rent e-bikes provided you have google maps or good with directions...

in a pinch, consider taking taxis if you are a group

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
places like fushimi inari ... is it convenient to self drive ? is parking available & at reasonable prices ?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
places like fushimi inari ... is it convenient to self drive ? is parking available & at reasonable prices ?

parking is a hassle inside kyoto city... and driving along the narrow congested streets will develop patience that you never thought you had...

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw raw argentine red big shrimp in their supermarket with the sticker 刺身用. I assume this means sashimi and can be eaten as it is right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.