HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2016, 10:16 PM   #4561

Need advice: which place in Tokyo can I get watches (eg seiko chronograph?)

Also price wise, is it cheaper or about the same as SG. Anything to look out for?

Thanks!
Old 26-09-2016, 11:11 PM   #4562

Need advice: which place in Tokyo can I get watches (eg seiko chronograph?)

Also price wise, is it cheaper or about the same as SG. Anything to look out for?

Thanks!
Look in Yodabashi Camera. Cheaper over there.
Old 27-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #4563

i am interested in this event at Fujikawaguchi but im kinda confused about the actual location and getting there.http://www.fujisan.ne.jp/event/info_...id=680&ca_id=3

Is it quite a distance away from kawaguchiko station?

What is the recommended way of getting there?

Is there any difference between these 2 bus services?
http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/highway/
http://highway-buses.jp/fuji/

Thanks!
Old 27-09-2016, 05:34 PM   #4564
High Supremacy Member

if you are there on public transport you can use the bus services in Kawaguchiko as stated on the web page's access section

"Main site:north side of Lake Kawaguchi, Momiji corridor (Kawaguchiko Bijutukan road)"

this is the place where the festival's MAIN area is. Guess u can think of this as a pasar malam with koyo and cool (or cold) mountain air.
Old 28-09-2016, 08:41 AM   #4565

if you are there on public transport you can use the bus services in Kawaguchiko as stated on the web page's access section

"Main site:north side of Lake Kawaguchi, Momiji corridor (Kawaguchiko Bijutukan road)"

this is the place where the festival's MAIN area is. Guess u can think of this as a pasar malam with koyo and cool (or cold) mountain air.
hi bro, thanks for the clarification. i like the idea of pasar malam with koyo and cold air

What about getting to kawaguchiko itself? Which bus services is recommended?
Old 28-09-2016, 08:51 AM   #4566
High Supremacy Member

I went before last year.
Not so much to see, It is just a canal with koyo on both sides

The Pasar Malam also nothing much.
Overall disappointing, maybe i expect too much. simply a bit waste of time for me to go.
Old 28-09-2016, 09:16 AM   #4567

I went before last year.

Overall disappointing, maybe i expect too much. simply a bit waste of time for me to go.
Ah

how did you get there? by bus or train?
Old 28-09-2016, 09:27 AM   #4568
High Supremacy Member

I went before last year.

bro, given your travel history of Japan. I am not that surprised. I chanced upon the battledore fair in Asakusa a couple years back, it wasn't spectacular but I had a seriously good time and I had been there too many times to count, though I mostly navigate just the main areas.

Ah

you will have to take a train to the kawaguchiko train station and then take bus. Given what I have experienced before, unless you are like in the area for the night, this event is going to feel lacklustre
chainer22 likes this.
Old 28-09-2016, 09:30 AM   #4569
High Supremacy Member

Ah

From Tokyo to Kawaguchiko by train. Within Kawaguchiko all is bus. You can get their bus pass got 1 or 2 days one. Then unlimited usage of bus.

Around the koyo area got

河口湖 by Liwei, on Flickr

河口湖 by Liwei, on Flickr

河口湖 by Liwei, on Flickr

Their pasar malam not what you think. Not like those Taiwan or even singapore one. Simple and small. Many handiwork type. If you are in Japan around December, you can go Kobe Luminarie that event their Yatai very massive many food
chainer22 and fairnsquare like this.
Old 28-09-2016, 11:13 AM   #4570

From Tokyo to Kawaguchiko by train. Within Kawaguchiko all is bus. You can get their bus pass got 1 or 2 days one. Then unlimited usage of bus.

Around the koyo area got

河口湖 by Liwei, on Flickr

河口湖 by Liwei, on Flickr

河口湖 by Liwei, on Flickr

Their pasar malam not what you think. Not like those Taiwan or even singapore one. Simple and small. Many handiwork type. If you are in Japan around December, you can go Kobe Luminarie that event their Yatai very massive many food
Thanks for sharing bro!

i must say that looks kinda....sad. ah i will probably still head there for the koyo hope the autumn foliage will be nice when i visit the place in first week of November
Old 29-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #4571

first time to Japan this Nov, like to ask the following:

- 3 yrs old toddler (coming to 4 yrs old in Dec) needs to use SUICA card? if no need, when entering the train gate, we have to carry kid?

- power socket in Japan is different with SG, hotel usually has what kind of power socket? need to bring power plug adapter?
Old 29-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #4572

first time to Japan this Nov, like to ask the following:

- 3 yrs old toddler (coming to 4 yrs old in Dec) needs to use SUICA card? if no need, when entering the train gate, we have to carry kid?
No need. Carry kid.

- power socket in Japan is different with SG, hotel usually has what kind of power socket? need to bring power plug adapter?

http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/japan/
Old 29-09-2016, 11:18 PM   #4573

Thanks.. I bought power plug adapter but type B.. hotel usually uses type A or B or both?

Old 29-09-2016, 11:52 PM   #4574

Thanks.. I bought power plug adapter but type B.. hotel usually uses type A or B or both?
Usually type A.
Old 30-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #4575

Talking about pasar malam, has anyone been to the flea markets in Tokyo? I came across one by accident at Yoyogi but they are mostly selling antiques. I thought there's one for second hand stuffs as shown in youtube but can't seem to find.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.