HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2016, 03:51 PM   #4606

Seems to have many check-in/out. Really need o move that frequently? Osaka/Kyoto probably have only one enough liao. Tokyo just one enough liao.
One of the reason was because it is difficult to book Airbnb/hotel for the duration I am staying in the city. Basically 5 check-in and out. Osaka 1 airbnb, Kyoto 1 airbnb + 1 ryokan, Tokyo 1 airbnb + 1 hotel. Accomodation are booked so cannot change dy...
Old 04-10-2016, 04:44 PM   #4607

if u are just going to the world heritage temples in nikko, then 2-day nikko pass is sufficient. but if u are also going to lake chuzenji, then u need the all-nikko pass to cover the buses to and ard the lake
Can I cover Nikko world heritage temples and lake chuzenji in 1 day?whats recommended 1 day 1 night trip in Nikko like?
Old 04-10-2016, 05:01 PM   #4608
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can I cover Nikko world heritage temples and lake chuzenji in 1 day?whats recommended 1 day 1 night trip in Nikko like?
can be done, just need to start early. u can visit lake chuzenji and kegon fall, which are both near the bus terminal at lake chuzenji. but u probably wun have time to explore further such as to mount hangetsu or senjogahara marshland coz these will require another bus from the bus terminal.

since u staying a night there, how about continuing to explore nikko the next morning before heading back? then u can have the whole of first day for lake chuzenji, and the second day for temples.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:15 PM   #4609
Supremacy Member

One of the reason was because it is difficult to book Airbnb/hotel for the duration I am staying in the city.
One thing you need to consider is the luggage. If you stay in hotels, at your "arrival" hotel even if the room isn't ready, you can store luggage with the front desk and go out sightseeing and come back later. How are you planning to get around this problem for your airbnb's?

14 Nov (Mon) : Sushi Dai early morning (4am, not interested in visiting the fish market), Disneysea
This day will be freaking shag. Even if you're not doing the auction, etc, you'll be awake at ~6am? And then DisneySea closes at 10pm, reach home 11pm. If I were you I wouldn't bother with Sushi Dai, just save energy to have fun at DisneySea. Want good sushi just come back to SG eat lunch set at Ginza Sushi Ichi or Shinji by Kanesaka. Frankly it's better food anyway for not much more money.
joeson likes this.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:20 PM   #4610
High Supremacy Member

Sushi dai I head 4am too late already maybe Long queue. Need to be even earlier to avoid queue.
For me, I will not bother about sushi dai.
joeson likes this.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:27 PM   #4611
High Supremacy Member

Kichi Kichi. Ultimate tourist trap. Please don't fall into.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:28 PM   #4612
High Supremacy Member

Hirokawa u need get someone or hotel or some Japanese to help u reserve it. The Queue is 2-3 hours. Crash one. Reservations will save u a lot of time.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:32 PM   #4613
High Supremacy Member

One of the reason was because it is difficult to book Airbnb/hotel for the duration I am staying in the city. Basically 5 check-in and out. Osaka 1 airbnb, Kyoto 1 airbnb + 1 ryokan, Tokyo 1 airbnb + 1 hotel. Accomodation are booked so cannot change dy...
My suggestions. Cancel all the accomdations and rebook. Your period in Kyoto not yet the peak so hotels still possible. Stay in same place for Kansai either in Osaka or Kyoto but don't need both Osaka and Kyoto.

For Tokyo definitely possible to find one hotel and stay throughout no need stay asakusa and Shibuya. It is so so so weird.
joeson likes this.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #4614

Niseko 2nd to 10th December

Bros, will I be able to ski at Niseko from 2nd to 10 December?

Many thanks !!!
Old 04-10-2016, 11:27 PM   #4615
Supremacy Member

Bros, will I be able to ski at Niseko from 2nd to 10 December?
Yes, should be able to ski. Depends on your luck how deep / fluffy the snow is this year though ...

Can check out past years here: http://www.snowjapan.com/japan-daily...rts/niseko-now
zypheus likes this.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:43 PM   #4616

Sushi dai I head 4am too late already maybe Long queue. Need to be even earlier to avoid queue.
For me, I will not bother about sushi dai.
In all my trips to Tokyo, I've never queued for Sushi Dai or Daiwa Sushi (each managed by father and son respectively). The queues were long since my first visit in 2010. I rather queue for eateries popular with their own locals instead.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:06 AM   #4617
Supremacy Member

can be done, just need to start early. u can visit lake chuzenji and kegon fall, which are both near the bus terminal at lake chuzenji. but u probably wun have time to explore further such as to mount hangetsu or senjogahara marshland coz these will require another bus from the bus terminal.

since u staying a night there, how about continuing to explore nikko the next morning before heading back? then u can have the whole of first day for lake chuzenji, and the second day for temples.
so start with the lake and waterfalls in the morning,

then after lunch head to the temples?

dinner at utsunomiya?
Old 05-10-2016, 01:01 AM   #4618

My suggestions. Cancel all the accomdations and rebook. Your period in Kyoto not yet the peak so hotels still possible. Stay in same place for Kansai either in Osaka or Kyoto but don't need both Osaka and Kyoto.

For Tokyo definitely possible to find one hotel and stay throughout no need stay asakusa and Shibuya. It is so so so weird.
I agree, your current arrangement is madness. Even if you lose cancellation fees with Airbnb, or have to top up for a hotel that can cover your travel period, the trade off is gaining back the lost hours (and energy) in unpacking/repacking and changing hotels. With that many changes some hiccup will invariably occur and eat up even more time.

Don't waste time with Sushi Dai/Daiwa if you aren't planning to check out the market itself (nevermind the auction). There are plenty of good sushiyas in Japan.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:16 AM   #4619
Arch-Supremacy Member

so start with the lake and waterfalls in the morning,

then after lunch head to the temples?

dinner at utsunomiya?
i think either one first is ok. maybe just visit the one that is of higher priority to u first so it is easier to gauge the time and spend more time there if needed.

havent been to utsunomiya, so dunno wat is there to eat there. nikko itself got nothing much to eat in at night. i bought discounted food (sushi, fried stuff etc.) from the supermarket for dinner when i was there.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #4620
Arch-Supremacy Member

Utsunomiya local specialty is the gyoza, I think within the JR stn has eateries that serve their famous gyoza already. Most eateries incorporate gyoza in their menus too. Like burgers with gyoza etc.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.