Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2016, 05:39 PM   #4696
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any tips for okinawa?
as i mentioned earlier, renting a car will be good, especially since most of the attractions are outside naha.
u may want to divide ur time between naha and nago since they are quite far apart. how many days at each place will depend on wat u plan to cover.

tt is all i can think of. may be able to help better if u have more specific questions?
Old 12-10-2016, 07:41 PM   #4697

Can anyone advise me further as I plan to visit Mt Fuji 5th Station in my coming trip and staying near Sunroute Hotel Shinjuku. I read there is a express bus terminal there,, it is correct to buy ticket there and the route is direct to Mt Fuji or stopover at Kawaguchiko station to board any bus up ? What is the rough cost for this transportation as confusing from http://highway-buses.jp/fuji/
Old 13-10-2016, 12:54 AM   #4698
Master Member

Sorry to ask as its my first time going to tokyo this nov, is APA Hotel Higashi-Shinjuku Kabukicho a good location to stay? If not any recommended place, now is abt 500 for 4 nights.

Will be visiting Akihabara, Ginza,Disney Sea, maybe Mt Fuji and Tokyo station for Shinkansen to Hakodate.

Thank you.
Old 13-10-2016, 07:15 AM   #4699
Master Member

May I know is there any ezlink card that I can purchase for travel in Osaka, koyoto, kobe Jr line, subway line, private line? There are too many lines and cards. Very confusing. So would like to buy one card that can let me travel on any lines without the need to buy a single trip pass every time.

Is there such card for children as well? Pls advise. Thank you

Old 13-10-2016, 07:41 AM   #4700
Arch-Supremacy Member

May I know is there any ezlink card that I can purchase for travel in Osaka, koyoto, kobe Jr line, subway line, private line? There are too many lines and cards. Very confusing. So would like to buy one card that can let me travel on any lines without the need to buy a single trip pass every time.

Is there such card for children as well? Pls advise. Thank you
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/icoca-haruka/ is for you. If you dont want the HARUKA return tickets, you can buy only the ICOCA. No children price though.
Old 13-10-2016, 12:05 PM   #4701

Can anyone advise me further as I plan to visit Mt Fuji 5th Station in my coming trip and staying near Sunroute Hotel Shinjuku. I read there is a express bus terminal there,, it is correct to buy ticket there and the route is direct to Mt Fuji or stopover at Kawaguchiko station to board any bus up ? What is the rough cost for this transportation as confusing from http://highway-buses.jp/fuji/
Why would you want to visit 5th station when the climbing season is over? Would be better to visit the five lakes than going up the 5th.

Could just take the bus from NEWoMan (bus terminal is located at L4) and go to Kawaguchiko station. Fare is 1,750 per adult (one-way). Then take the bus to the five lakes from the bus interchange in front of Kawaguchiko station.

Extracted from the link
"Bus schedule from Shinjuku to Mt. Fuji Fifth Station
(September 24th ~ November 4th)
Services run only on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays during this period.
There are two buses for going to Mt. Fuji in the morning and two buses for coming back in the afternoon.

Direct buses to Mt Fuji 5th Station are only available on Sat/Sun/Holidays only.
Please take Fujikyu Highland line to Kawaguchiko, then transfer to local bus to Mt Fuji 5th Station for weekends."
Old 13-10-2016, 01:47 PM   #4702

how cold will Tokyo be in late Oct/early Nov? trying to decide how much/thick clothes to bring haha
Old 13-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #4703
Supremacy Member

how cold will Tokyo be in late Oct/early Nov? trying to decide how much/thick clothes to bring haha
Can check http://www.accuweather.com/en/jp/tok...orecast/226396 and google image for a rough indication. You can always buy more at uniqlo there which is generally cheaper compared to SG.
chainer22 likes this.
Old 13-10-2016, 04:02 PM   #4704
High Supremacy Member

thin jacket should be fine. aircon type of weather.
Old 14-10-2016, 08:18 PM   #4705

Anyone can recommend Tokyo apps for IOS.. interesting places, location, train exit are importation factos else lost lost...
Old 14-10-2016, 10:25 PM   #4706

hi all, my flight from CTS to Narita T3 will reach at 3pm and hope to catch the NEX at 4:22pm, so immigration and picking up of luggage at carousel plus walking back to T2 can make it for the 4:22pm timing or better book the next timing at 4:48pm
Old 15-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #4707
Supremacy Member

hi all, my flight from CTS to Narita T3 will reach at 3pm and hope to catch the NEX at 4:22pm, so immigration and picking up of luggage at carousel plus walking back to T2 can make it for the 4:22pm timing or better book the next timing at 4:48pm
Well... Narita T3 isn't "connected" to the other terminals, need to walk quite far (20-25mins) or take shuttle bus (5-10mins interval). I personally think you should be able to make it though since no immigration/customs checks upon arrival.
Old 15-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #4708

Well... Narita T3 isn't "connected" to the other terminals, need to walk quite far (20-25mins) or take shuttle bus (5-10mins interval). I personally think you should be able to make it though since no immigration/customs checks upon arrival.
hi bro, so there is no need to go thru immigration/chop passport including flight out from T3 to CTS, sorry for the noob question as 1st time taking domestic flight, so if i already booked for 4:22pm NEX and if reach T2 early which can make it in time for the 3:47pm train, then able to go to their counter to change ticket timing
Old 15-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #4709
Supremacy Member

hi bro, so there is no need to go thru immigration/chop passport including flight out from T3 to CTS, sorry for the noob question as 1st time taking domestic flight, so if i already booked for 4:22pm NEX and if reach T2 early which can make it in time for the 3:47pm train, then able to go to their counter to change ticket timing
Do you really need to pre-buy the ticket in the first place? For me I always never pre-buy/book NEX, just whatever time land then go to T2 and buy ticket for next train. So far haven't encountered any "sold out" situation.
Old 15-10-2016, 01:49 PM   #4710

Odaiba Shoppimg Mall

Hi all,

Anyone can advise me the best place to buy 4K UHD/Blu Ray Disc
in Japan's Odaiba Shopping Mall - Tokyo City.

Thank you

Sorry if this is a wrong place to post this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.