HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2016, 07:59 AM   #4711

any steakhouses in tokyo where they have beef and non-beef main dishes in their menu?
Old 17-10-2016, 08:50 PM   #4712

I have downloaded Tokyo Subway, it is a good apps. Key in Shinjuku to Asakusa but in between there is a need to switch train but indicate 4mins. It is means I need to exit out before switching to another train or walking inside train station 4 mins to next platform ? Heard that some time need to exit out before switching train route, it is true and how do I knew this way of switching trains.
Old 17-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #4713
Master Member

worth to spend 1 day at himeji? himeji castle+koko-en garden roughly take how long to cover?
Old 17-10-2016, 10:05 PM   #4714
Greater Supremacy Member

hi. if i need to travel from Tokyo > Osaka then back to Tokyo. and also my trip is 7 days total. Could i say its most worth it to purchase a JR Pass? i've checked and the pass did included travel on Tokaido shinkansen.

So im getting within 7 days unlimited trips on Normal trains plus shinkansen (Tokaido Line). Safe to say that its the best choice right?
Old 17-10-2016, 11:19 PM   #4715

hi. if i need to travel from Tokyo > Osaka then back to Tokyo. and also my trip is 7 days total. Could i say its most worth it to purchase a JR Pass? i've checked and the pass did included travel on Tokaido shinkansen.

So im getting within 7 days unlimited trips on Normal trains plus shinkansen (Tokaido Line). Safe to say that its the best choice right?
Unlimited rides on JR trains. It doesn't cover Nozomi and Mizuho trains and other private subways.
http://www.japanrailpass.net/sphone/en/about_jrp.html
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html

Yes, a 7D Pass would cover your return trips to and from Tokyo.
Old 17-10-2016, 11:30 PM   #4716
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Anyone can advise me the best place to buy 4K UHD/Blu Ray Disc
in Japan's Odaiba Shopping Mall - Tokyo City.

Thank you

Sorry if this is a wrong place to post this.
UHD Bluray cost abt 4000-6000yen, you can find on USA amazon unless it's a Japanese uhd exclusive.
Old 17-10-2016, 11:32 PM   #4717
Greater Supremacy Member

Unlimited rides on JR trains. It doesn't cover Nozomi and Mizuho trains and other private subways.
http://www.japanrailpass.net/sphone/en/about_jrp.html
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html

Yes, a 7D Pass would cover your return trips to and from Tokyo.
Could i ask if i have unlimited trips within 7 days on the Hikari or Kodaama shinkansen on Tokaido line.(Because shinkansen different from Normal Trains). And also how do i distinguish between the different trains so as to not board the wrong one(Nozomi). Thank you very much.
Old 17-10-2016, 11:51 PM   #4718

Could i ask if i have unlimited trips within 7 days on the Hikari or Kodaama shinkansen on Tokaido line.(Because shinkansen different from Normal Trains). And also how do i distinguish between the different trains so as to not board the wrong one(Nozomi). Thank you very much.
Use Hyperdia.com to check on the timings of the trains. Kodama is the slowest as it stops at every station. You'll be safe sticking to Hikari.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2018_tokaido.html

There's signboards indicating the time arrivals of the next train (sometimes next two following trains) with the type. In English and in Japanese. If all else failed, look for the train conductors located on the platforms and show them your seat ticket (for reserved seats). There's around 7 minutes which the Shinkansen would stay before moving off for those passengers making transfers from other trains. You can stay around at the platform if you're early, just don't be late.
Old 17-10-2016, 11:58 PM   #4719
Greater Supremacy Member

Use Hyperdia.com to check on the timings of the trains. Kodama is the slowest as it stops at every station. You'll be safe sticking to Hikari.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2018_tokaido.html

There's signboards indicating the time arrivals of the next train (sometimes next two following trains) with the type. In English and in Japanese. If all else failed, look for the train conductors located on the platforms and show them your seat ticket (for reserved seats). There's around 7 minutes which the Shinkansen would stay before moving off for those passengers making transfers from other trains. You can stay around at the platform if you're early, just don't be late.
Bro you power. thanks for the informative reply. really appreciated cause im going overseas for the first time. (I dont count Malaysia or Thailand as going overseas ><)

There might be more questions from me but this has given me some very good info and im going to start planning my itinerary liao.

Last edited by Mach8Fapper; 18-10-2016 at 12:07 AM..
Old 18-10-2016, 01:11 AM   #4720

Bro you power. thanks for the informative reply. really appreciated cause im going overseas for the first time. (I dont count Malaysia or Thailand as going overseas ><)

There might be more questions from me but this has given me some very good info and im going to start planning my itinerary liao.
So long as you've checked the schedules and reserved your seats for the trips Osaka<>Tokyo at least a day in advance, you should be fine. Unless there's a public holiday.
http://publicholidays.jp

Since you're touching down at Tokyo, you could use JR Pass immediately be it from Haneda or Narita. Covers Narita Express and Tokyo Monorail to reach JR station.
Old 18-10-2016, 11:25 AM   #4721

Whats the best/relatively affordable way to get to Shirokanedai station from Narita Terminal 1?

hyperdia suggested taking keisei access express from Narita -> Aoto -> Oshiage then change to Toei Asakusa line until Mita station. Following which take Mita line to Shirokanedai.

Can i ask if it will be slightly faster/more convenient to take this route instead?
keisei access express from Narita -> Aoto ->Shimbashi
Then from Shimbashi change to Toei Asakusa ->Mita -> Shirokanedai
Old 18-10-2016, 12:24 PM   #4722
Great Supremacy Member

can give your timing? because I did the same thing and I get the following

NEX->Shinagawa->Yamanote line->Meguro-> then change onto the subway line for 1 station
Old 18-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #4723

can give your timing? because I did the same thing and I get the following

NEX->Shinagawa->Yamanote line->Meguro-> then change onto the subway line for 1 station
we should be departing Narita airport at about 2.30pm. definitely will be taking keisei access express cos its cheaper.
Old 18-10-2016, 02:00 PM   #4724
Great Supremacy Member

I am assuming that you are not using a JR_pass. you can consider getting a keisei pass

http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetud...ket/subway.php
Old 18-10-2016, 02:19 PM   #4725

will be staying Osaka for 4 full days (thu - sun), planning to go USJ on thu, and hoping to cover parts of Kyoto, Kobe/Nara and Osaka for the remaining 3 days. i know it will be a rush but due to to time constraints, but which of the 2 places should i cover on sat & sun???
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.