HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #4981

National Jr pass not covered on Nozomi trains along the Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkans. Just checking is there a better and quicker route to get to Osaka , Kyoto from Tokyo?
Old 02-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #4982
Supremacy Member

National Jr pass not covered on Nozomi trains along the Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkans. Just checking is there a better and quicker route to get to Osaka , Kyoto from Tokyo?
Take the hikari train. It's still pretty fast.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:56 PM   #4983

Hi ... where can I find info on the schedule of local bus from Echigo Yuzawa station to Naeba/Kagura? Is this local bus running everyday or is there any special day for operations? Thanks!
Not sure if I'm too late. http://www.naeba.gr.jp/en/access/
Old 06-11-2016, 12:52 AM   #4984

Hi all,

Just realize that the first day we will be in Japan is their Thanksgiving Day. Gonna travel on the Shinkansen from Shinagawa (or maybe Tokyo Station) to Nagoya, then the Wide Hida to Takayama on that very day. Previously my main worry was the morning rush hour crowd but since it is their public holiday, will it also be crowded in the early morning? Am traveling in a group of 7 including 2 kids.

We will touch down at 6am on the 23rd Nov and got to rush to collect our JR passes also. Will it be better to collect our JR passes at Tokyo Station instead of waiting for Haneda JR office to open at 7:45am? And the chances of getting seats should be higher at Tokyo Station right?

Sorry super noob here, first time doing free and easy trip in Japan. First trip to Japan was years ago joining a tour agency.

Thank you in advance!
Old 06-11-2016, 01:54 AM   #4985
Arch-Supremacy Member

Take ur pass at airport then start ur trip... U can use it on the nex... Do everything at shinnogawa...less ppl..
Old 06-11-2016, 01:56 AM   #4986
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone knows where at shinjuku is a good places to shop? I am not looking at malls...
Old 06-11-2016, 07:04 AM   #4987
Supremacy Member

Anyone knows where at shinjuku is a good places to shop? I am not looking at malls...
Would help if you clarify what kind of things you're looking to buy. Clothes? Souvenirs? Snacks? JAV DVDs?
Old 06-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #4988
Arch-Supremacy Member

My gf wants to shop... Clothes, snacks.. , but we did pass by some jav street yesterday.. Haha.. Please help

Would help if you clarify what kind of things you're looking to buy. Clothes? Souvenirs? Snacks? JAV DVDs?
Old 06-11-2016, 09:27 AM   #4989

Take ur pass at airport then start ur trip... U can use it on the nex... Do everything at shinnogawa...less ppl..
I guess I can only do it this way.

But I saw that a few commented that the JR office in Haneda Airport only have 2 counters and the queue is usually long.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:10 PM   #4990
Arch-Supremacy Member

My gf wants to shop... Clothes, snacks.. , but we did pass by some jav street yesterday.. Haha.. Please help
I'm not a fan of shopping so I can't help here, but if you are desperate for an answer, why don't just Google for some shopping places with your gf's requirement in mind? Got internet to come edmw ask, sure can go Google what...?
Old 06-11-2016, 12:46 PM   #4991
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes the q is abit long.. But it's worth the wait

I guess I can only do it this way.

But I saw that a few commented that the JR office in Haneda Airport only have 2 counters and the queue is usually long.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:47 PM   #4992
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ok thanks man

I'm not a fan of shopping so I can't help here, but if you are desperate for an answer, why don't just Google for some shopping places with your gf's requirement in mind? Got internet to come edmw ask, sure can go Google what...?
Old 06-11-2016, 01:00 PM   #4993
Supremacy Member

Close down hwz sua, since everything "supposedly" can be googled. Ppl asking for advises only.

Got internet to entertain urself, sure can dun come here shoot ppl what...?
Old 06-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #4994

Harajuku towards Omotesando and Shibuya for clothes. Actually Shinjuku - can go to Mylord. Lots of small shops in the building selling ladies stuff.

Snacks go to departmental store basements or Tokyo station. Ameyoko in Ueno is another place to look for shoes and snacks.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:53 PM   #4995

Yes the q is abit long.. But it's worth the wait
Can I ask how long you queued?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.