HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2016, 04:25 PM   #4996
Arch-Supremacy Member

About 30mins or more.. Coz I and my gf had to go to the washroom.. Then the next flight was full of ang mo... So they took up most of the q..

Can I ask how long you queued?
Old 06-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #4997
Arch-Supremacy Member

Close down hwz sua, since everything "supposedly" can be googled. Ppl asking for advises only.

Got internet to entertain urself, sure can dun come here shoot ppl what...?
He asked at early morning. By noon still no one replied. So I just told him if desperate then go Google instead of waiting. Liddat oso wrong?
Old 06-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #4998
Supremacy Member

He asked at early morning. By noon still no one replied. So I just told him if desperate then go Google instead of waiting. Liddat oso wrong?
i think if he asked in the morning and no one replied he would have googled it himself alr or maybe he is asking for the next day/few days coming. just dun see the need to shoot him instead of giving constructive feedbacks
Old 06-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #4999
Master Member

i think if he asked in the morning and no one replied he would have googled it himself alr or maybe he is asking for the next day/few days coming. just dun see the need to shoot him instead of giving constructive feedbacks
Got nothing good to say, just keep to yourself. Lets practice some self control and etiquette
Old 07-11-2016, 12:29 AM   #5000

About 30mins or more.. Coz I and my gf had to go to the washroom.. Then the next flight was full of ang mo... So they took up most of the q..
😱😱

Okie, then we shall try to rush to get to the JR office as fast as possible.

Thank you!
Old 07-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #5001
Supremacy Member

eh i don't think it is true that everything can be googled... some require you to google in japanese, some info only in chinese, and some info only in english...

like those weather reports i share often here... you can google them easily in japanese...

but it is also true that many new posters in this forum like to post questions without taking the trouble to so a simple search, like how hard is it to use the search tool here on HWZ? but many still don't. but many of the forumers here still respond, even though they may have answered the same thing again and again many times...

everyone give and take a little lah. we all human and have bad days sometimes right?
Ruriel, fairnsquare and joeson like this.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:51 PM   #5002
Supremacy Member

Is shinjuku station very confusing?
Old 07-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #5003
Arch-Supremacy Member

For first timers definitely yes. There are 12 train lines stopping there. There are lots of signs. Quite an experience.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:00 PM   #5004
Master Member

For first timer, yes it's very confusing, especially during peak hours when you feel that you're the only one standing still. After a while you'll get used to it.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:25 PM   #5005
Arch-Supremacy Member

Experienced Japanese hospitality there. Was looking lost when searching for the chuo line platform to Nakano. A salary man came up and asked if he can help in English. After that he brought me to the platform before rushing on his way.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:31 PM   #5006
Master Member

Experienced Japanese hospitality there. Was looking lost when searching for the chuo line platform to Nakano. A salary man came up and asked if he can help in English. After that he brought me to the platform before rushing on his way.
I hope that this won't disappear soon. 15-20 years ago this is quite common but nowadays, with the influx of PRC tourists, I can imagine the situation to be slightly "hostile". I have witnessed unreasonable tourists talking loudly and scholding the locals as if they are born to help them.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:45 PM   #5007
Arch-Supremacy Member

This should enlighten
https://www.shinjukustation.com/shin...ding-your-way/
Old 07-11-2016, 03:32 PM   #5008
Arch-Supremacy Member

This reminded me of a similar incident when I first transited at KIX like more than two decades ago. It was my first transit ever, and I was feeling lost on which way to go to collect the boarding pass for my connecting flight. Had to interrupt a rather young airport staff while she was obviously busy as she was walking rather briskly... I'm not even sure if she could speak English (but she could understand me), because she was trying to point the directions and spoke to me in Japanese instead. I think I still looked quite lost, and instead of just showing me to their customer service counter (I don't recall walking past any at that time, actually), she just took one of the many papers that she was holding, and actually drew a rough map and indicate where I should go/where corner I should turn to get to the airline counter.

That's the first time I've encountered genuine Japanese hospitality, right there at their airport. An uplifting and memorable experience, really. Had always wanted to visit Japan after that but never had the chance to, until now.
fairnsquare likes this.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #5009
Supremacy Member

sorry for my stupid question.

what is the level of radiation in tokyo???

my friend refuse to go... stating there is radiation in Japan.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:36 PM   #5010
Arch-Supremacy Member

sorry for my stupid question.

what is the level of radiation in tokyo???

my friend refuse to go... stating there is radiation in Japan.
Here you go: http://monitoring.tokyo-eiken.go.jp/...urly_data.html

To put these numbers into perspective, this is an excerpt from NEA website:

In Singapore, the natural background radiation is about 0.1 micro-sieverts per hour.

Last edited by Ruriel; 07-11-2016 at 04:40 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.