HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #511
Supremacy Member

I also intend to go Japan... but I think will be more troublesome if I go f&e, n more expensive cos we got 3 people going. We don't know their language...
f&e is actually cheaper if you compare day for day staying.

tours charge x amount for y days

you can be paying x amoung for y+z days in f&e
Old 03-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #512

Is it better / easier to travel by train / airport limousine bus from Narita Airport to Shinjuku Station?

Have to consider luggages and kids. Thanks

And is it worth to try the Shinkansen?

Last edited by nposix; 03-10-2013 at 02:09 PM..
Old 03-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #513
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is it better / easier to travel by train / airport limousine bus from Narita Airport to Shinjuku Station?

Have to consider luggages and kids. Thanks

And is it worth to try the Shinkansen?
with kids, i guess better take limousine, assuming they stop at your hotels.

Trying because its one of the faster train? why not? It'll be an nice experience I am sure. I look forward to it myself, but the aim is to reach the destination that happens to need to take the shinkansen.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #514

it is easy to get around japan. not troublesome at all!

3 person is actually cheaper if u find stay in triple room. but not all places have triple though, so it depends where u going.

i don't know there language either, but that havent stopped me from visiting japan. my 7th trip to japan coming up next month
u won't get lost there? how u all communicate when shopping or in restaurant? any tokyo or osaka travel blogs to intro?
Old 03-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #515

f&e is actually cheaper if you compare day for day staying.

tours charge x amount for y days

you can be paying x amoung for y+z days in f&e
but it excludes all entrance fee for Disney etc... possible to book one taxi and ask him drive us around for whole day like Korea? they do have taxis right?
Old 03-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #516
Arch-Supremacy Member

u won't get lost there? how u all communicate when shopping or in restaurant? any tokyo or osaka travel blogs to intro?
not a problem, just need to do ur planning before u go. and in the cities there are many signs in english, especially those train stations, so wun get lost. u can use ur smartphone gps to get around also.

for shopping, just grab wat u want and pay loh, not need to communicate. a lot of restaurant have pictures on their menu, so just point loh. some have displays outside the store, so just take picture to show waiter, or drag waiter outside and point to the item.

i dunno any blog, but u can refer to the trip reports posted in this forum. can be found in the sticky thread.
can also refer to japan-guide website for planning
Old 03-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #517
Arch-Supremacy Member

but it excludes all entrance fee for Disney etc... possible to book one taxi and ask him drive us around for whole day like Korea? they do have taxis right?
taxi is very expensive in japan, so better to stick to trains. the train and subway lines are very extensive in japan, so u can go almost everywhere with them.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #518
Arch-Supremacy Member

should be very expensive.
train and buses will take care all your transport need. The maze like gigantic stations are an experience itself. Exciting!
Old 03-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #519
Arch-Supremacy Member

here are some that i frequent:

japan-guide.com - Japan Travel and Living Guide
林氏璧和美狐團三狐的小天地 | 這裏以東京為主,不只有東京。
[??] ???? ??????Shopping?? 69 ? ????? @ 2013/07/11 update @ ?????@????? ~ :: ??? PIXNET ::
Japan National Tourism Organization Web Site
Go Away, Sam... Our forumner
1n103e | A Singapore Family Travelogue (paiseh, cannot resist to self advertise this half bake blog of mine )

Last and but not least like what evilerniex suggested, this forum itself has a wealth of information that we can pick up and experiences we can learned from.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #520

If you have tonnes of cash to burn, can.

there was once i took cab from disneyland to narita airport and it costs me SGD 200 plus nearly 300.
dimitri_can likes this.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #521
Arch-Supremacy Member

tokyo+osaka or hokkaido better? are they near each other?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #522
Arch-Supremacy Member

tokyo+osaka or hokkaido better? are they near each other?
japan is big, tokyo, osaka, hokkaido are all not near each other. tokyo to osaka is about 500km (abt the distance of sg to ipoh), and tokyo to hokkaido is about 1000km.

for tokyo+osaka, u can take their bullet train which takes ard 3hrs. for hokkaido, u need a domestic flight, or an overnight train

for first timer to japan, maybe u can visit tokyo, which is easier to get around as most of the attractions can be reach via trains or subways.

i personally prefer not to have tokyo+osaka in one trip unless u are sure u will not be visiting japan again. this is because it is expensive and time consuming to travel from tokyo to osaka. visit osaka on a another trip with the other parts of kansai, such kyoto, nara and kobe.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #523
Arch-Supremacy Member

japan is big, tokyo, osaka, hokkaido are all not near each other. tokyo to osaka is about 500km (abt the distance of sg to ipoh), and tokyo to hokkaido is about 1000km.

for tokyo+osaka, u can take their bullet train which takes ard 3hrs. for hokkaido, u need a domestic flight, or an overnight train

for first timer to japan, maybe u can visit tokyo, which is easier to get around as most of the attractions can be reach via trains or subways.

i personally prefer not to have tokyo+osaka in one trip unless u are sure u will not be visiting japan again. this is because it is expensive and time consuming to travel from tokyo to osaka. visit osaka on a another trip with the other parts of kansai, such kyoto, nara and kobe.
Hmm I guess we will be going about 7-9days. Possible? Or is it too tight for Tokyo & Osaka? Which places got more things? My mum say Tokyo only got a lot buildings (she heard) is it true?
Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #524
Supremacy Member

Hmm I guess we will be going about 7-9days. Possible? Or is it too tight for Tokyo & Osaka? Which places got more things? My mum say Tokyo only got a lot buildings (she heard) is it true?
Hi Ru n gud morning, if u r to travel on their shinkansen ( bullet train ) direct from Tokyo to Osaka or vice versa only about an hour odd and direct no stopping outside of city. Visiting castle and old building and scenes are in Osaka and shopping for the latest trends is best done in Tokyo and you and your mom will love the shopping experience in the big shopping complex.
Happy travelling and hav a beautiful day too.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #525
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi Ru n gud morning, if u r to travel on their shinkansen ( bullet train ) direct from Tokyo to Osaka or vice versa only about an hour odd and direct no stopping outside of city. Visiting castle and old building and scenes are in Osaka and shopping for the latest trends is best done in Tokyo and you and your mom will love the shopping experience in the big shopping complex.
Happy travelling and hav a beautiful day too.
tokyo to osaka is at least 2.5hrs using the Nozomi shinkansen, and 3hrs Hikari shinkansen.

but yah, tokyo for the latest trends and shopping.
osaka is a big city as well, but u can travel to kyoto for temples, shrines and old building.

for 7-9 days, i will stick to either tokyo or osaka.
for tokyo, u can make some side trips out of the city, for example to visit mount fuji. if u like theme parks, disneyland and disneysea will take up one day each as well.
for osaka, 7-9 days is just right to cover the popular places in kansai, such as osaka, kyoto, nara and kobe
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.