HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2016, 03:51 PM   #5251
Greater Supremacy Member

Wat rail pass to buy if im going only osaka and tokyo?

Tks
If return journey from Tokyo to Osaka then just buy 7D JRP..
Old 27-11-2016, 04:35 PM   #5252

finally bought a carry on foldable duffle bag at $13! It can fit my down jacket coat and vest!
Old 27-11-2016, 05:34 PM   #5253
Supremacy Member

Any yakiniku restaurants in Tokyo to recommend? Looking for something that has non-beef options as well as my partner doesn't take beef. TIA
Old 27-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #5254
Arch-Supremacy Member

ok i booked the highway bus ticket to lake kawaguchiko for mid dec. after reading some guides, i find that kawaguchiko has better views of mt fuji compared to hakone
To see Mount Fuji also need to depend your luck, if cloudy day, u won't able to see it, imo Hakone in this case has more sightseeing than lake kawaguchiko
Old 27-11-2016, 09:53 PM   #5255

Tokyo Subway Ticket - where to buy?
-----------------------
(At Haneda and Narita Airports, the Tokyo Subway Ticket is only sold to overseas visitors who can produce passports with tourist visas. Please note that Japanese citizens cannot purchase the Tokyo Subway Ticket at these airports no matter where they live)

will arrive at Kansai airport, travelling from Osaka to kyoto to tokyo, where can I get the tokyo ticket since we do not come from Haneda or narita airport?

accommodation in Tokyo is near Minowa station.

tks.

Last edited by sesame246; 27-11-2016 at 10:03 PM..
Old 28-11-2016, 02:46 AM   #5256
Master Member

Forgot hw a jr pass exchange voucher looks like. My fren just bought and there is no stamp or signature from the issuing agency. Normal? I mean, usually these kind of vouchers will hv some certifying issuance thingy de. In case the agency forgot to stamp or what then we go there cant change GG liao.
anyone can advise?
Old 28-11-2016, 06:41 AM   #5257
Greater Supremacy Member

-----------------------
(At Haneda and Narita Airports, the Tokyo Subway Ticket is only sold to overseas visitors who can produce passports with tourist visas. Please note that Japanese citizens cannot purchase the Tokyo Subway Ticket at these airports no matter where they live)

will arrive at Kansai airport, travelling from Osaka to kyoto to tokyo, where can I get the tokyo ticket since we do not come from Haneda or narita airport?

tks.
Why not get a Suica card??
Old 28-11-2016, 07:33 AM   #5258

-----------------------

tks.
I believe BIC is now an official seller of these subway passed. Some hotels sell as well, but probably the big name ones. Check the Tokyo Metro website they do mention alternative sale locations.
Old 28-11-2016, 07:56 AM   #5259
Arch-Supremacy Member

-----------------------

tks.
Your referring to this?http://www.metro.tokyo.jp/ENGLISH/TOPICS/2016/160204.htm
Old 28-11-2016, 10:25 AM   #5260
Great Supremacy Member

anyone can advise?
the JR office does not really look for an official stamp iirc

what they want is the receipt with your names on it and the matching passports

you will be asked to fill up a form and once the staff verifies the names, they will confirm the pass and pass you a card with the information you filled out on the card.

Narita airport JR east office is being renovated but they got a english speaking staff handling the queue. The staff at the counter mostly can speak english as well
Old 28-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #5261
Master Member

the JR office does not really look for an official stamp iirc

what they want is the receipt with your names on it and the matching passports

you will be asked to fill up a form and once the staff verifies the names, they will confirm the pass and pass you a card with the information you filled out on the card.

Narita airport JR east office is being renovated but they got a english speaking staff handling the queue. The staff at the counter mostly can speak english as well
Tks!!!

NRT ofc renovating anything to note? Will be heading to osaka straight so hope to get prepared prior for smooth exchange n reserve seat on sks.

Btw, now can still exchange n reserve at same counter? Read online Seems to be separate counters now.
Old 28-11-2016, 12:10 PM   #5262

I am reaching on 30 Nov. Based on latest Japan Guide Koyo Report

Mount Takao Peak on 25 Nov
Shinjuku Gyoen Peak on 25 Nov
Aoyama Icho Namiki Peak on 21 Nov
Koishikawa Korakuen Approaching Peak on 21 Nov

If i go Aoyama Icho Namiki . will it still be peak?

Koishikawa Korakuen or Rikugi-en will be better
Old 28-11-2016, 01:09 PM   #5263
High Supremacy Member

I am reaching on 30 Nov. Based on latest Japan Guide Koyo Report

Mount Takao Peak on 25 Nov
Shinjuku Gyoen Peak on 25 Nov
Aoyama Icho Namiki Peak on 21 Nov
Koishikawa Korakuen Approaching Peak on 21 Nov

If i go Aoyama Icho Namiki . will it still be peak?

Koishikawa Korakuen or Rikugi-en will be better
I was in Tokyo 2 days ago. Gingko avenue peaking but can see many fallen leaves. I also went Rikugien and Koshikawa Korakuen. Those are all in peak so should be fine for 30th.
In terms of both, Rikugien is better.
cpuer and kanashii23 like this.
Old 28-11-2016, 02:41 PM   #5264
Master Member

I was in Tokyo 2 days ago. Gingko avenue peaking but can see many fallen leaves. I also went Rikugien and Koshikawa Korakuen. Those are all in peak so should be fine for 30th.
In terms of both, Rikugien is better.
Can't wait to see your pictures
Old 28-11-2016, 11:40 PM   #5265
Master Member

Hey guys, will be heading to Tokyo in Feb, any recommended hotels that have view facing the Tokyo Tower ?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.