Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Normally this kind of Tokyo - KIX route.
Shinkansen is much better choice and even faster than plane considering u don't need to go airport both ways, queue at counter, check bag, clear security.
Somemore KIX is not close to city area.

nemo88

Reaction score
Shinkansen is much better choice and even faster than plane considering u don't need to go airport both ways, queue at counter, check bag, clear security.

Plus give yourself flexibility to leave later if you wish. Don't get locked in to a flight timing for a domestic sector easily covered by alternate options.

nemo88

Reaction score
I happened to see this. AFAIK, most tickets, especially those bought on promo, will become cancelled the moment you do not travel on a certain sector of the itinerary. Therefore, unless one is sure of the travel condition, do not buy a multiple flights air ticket with intention to use only some.

That's why I said buy the RT departing Sapporo and just don't use the return portion.

apeape

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm going on a 4 week holiday to Sapporo(Biei, Otaru) total 5 days, Tokyo + Mt Fuji total 11 days, Kyoto 5 days and Osaka 4 days. Just wondering what more do I need in terms of transport? I'm planning to get the 21 day JR pass, but I know some places wont be accessible via JR transport. Just want to budget for the other transport charges. Im heading there 19 Dec and coming back in Jan

Appreciate anyone's help!

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
wow... that is a lot of places u are covering in a trip! how many weeks are u going to be there?

for 7am flight, u probably need to be at airport before 6am? which means u need to set leave at 5am if u are staying in osaka. do check if transport is available tt early.

wat airline u taking from CTS to SIN? will it be better to take KIX-CTS, then CTS to HND. so u have direct flight back to sg from HND?

im taking korean airline for all, but will take ANA/JAL for HND to CTS.
but it seems that ANA havent open their ticketing for next april? cos i only managed to find tickets for JAL only.

ok i'll try to ssrr and replan my route again thanks!

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah 7am flight at KIX is super early.
Typically domestic flight maybe 1 hour earlier need to arrive
The First train out of Osaka will reach KIX at 6:09, very tight timing even for domestic flight.
For Kyoto, not possible by train, earlier u reach plane already fly away

just to check, cos i only took from TYO-KIX shinkasen. not sure if KIX-TYO first train also same timing? 6am? shinkasen cost ard $180 right?

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
ok i just checked the kr airline and they dont have direct flight to sg (from HND) too. will transit in kr

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to check, cos i only took from TYO-KIX shinkasen. not sure if KIX-TYO first train also same timing? 6am? shinkasen cost ard $180 right?

KIX is a airport. Very far away from central Osaka and Kyoto.
When they build it that time, they went to reclaim artificial island far way for that.

Where are you staying in Kansai. For Kansai, u either take from Shin Osaka for Osaka or Kyoto station for Kyoto using Shinkansen.

13620 Yen for cheapest Nozomi from Shin Osaka to Tokyo. depart 6am, reach 8:23.
Flight is around that price. 10k Yen 11k Yen when flight time is 1 hour or so then most people will take Shinkansen although more expensive than flight.

If u going Tokyo -> Hokkaido or Tokyo -> Kyushu then flight worthwhile because train will take 4-5 hours

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
KIX is a airport. Very far away from central Osaka and Kyoto.
When they build it that time, they went to reclaim artificial island far way for that.

Where are you staying in Kansai. For Kansai, u either take from Shin Osaka for Osaka or Kyoto station for Kyoto using Shinkansen.

13620 Yen for cheapest Nozomi from Shin Osaka to Tokyo. depart 6am, reach 8:23.
Flight is around that price. 10k Yen 11k Yen when flight time is 1 hour or so then most people will take Shinkansen although more expensive than flight.

If u going Tokyo -> Hokkaido or Tokyo -> Kyushu then flight worthwhile because train will take 4-5 hours

i intend to stay near shinsaibashi area! if cannot then will choose umeda!
its nearer to shin osaka right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.