HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2016, 10:22 AM   #5281
Great Supremacy Member

i'm planning for a 10 days trip with my wife in Feb.

looking at doing Kyoto - Hakone - Tokyo or Hakone - Tokyo. any recommendations or suggestions?
You can do Kyoto->Tokyo (a couple days)->Hakone (day trip or 2d1n)->Tokyo->SIN

not going to say much else, there is a sample itineraries thread here. I am sure I will be fine with making your travel smoother and to give you advice and tips. Outright asking us to be your travel agency is a bit over eh?
joeson likes this.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:05 AM   #5282
Master Member

Just wondering, it seems i can take NEX from Shinagawa to Shinjuku. Bt from the timetable I cant seem to be able to find a NEX (shows a dash at Shinagawa). So wondering if i wan to take NEX to shinjuku, means i shld take from Tokyo? I cld probably ask the midori window but so far their English seems ain't too ready for non simple qn...

Another qn, since i still hv JR pass on my 7th day in Tokyo, where wld u guys suggest I go, to fully utilize it. Hahahaha
Old 05-12-2016, 11:07 AM   #5283

You can do Kyoto->Tokyo (a couple days)->Hakone (day trip or 2d1n)->Tokyo->SIN

not going to say much else, there is a sample itineraries thread here. I am sure I will be fine with making your travel smoother and to give you advice and tips. Outright asking us to be your travel agency is a bit over eh?
sorry, i should be more specific.

i'll be flying into NRT and return from NRT.

what i am asking is; with 10 days, should i plan for Kyoto-Hakone-Tokyo or just do Hakone-Tokyo? Which would be more enjoyable? as this is my first time to Japan, i'm not sure if 10 days is too much for just Tokyo.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:18 AM   #5284
Arch-Supremacy Member

what i am asking is; with 10 days, should i plan for Kyoto-Hakone-Tokyo or just do Hakone-Tokyo? Which would be more enjoyable? as this is my first time to Japan, i'm not sure if 10 days is too much for just Tokyo.
Depend on your budget. Jr pass for one pax to Osaka return (7 day pass) is about sgd364.00.

My suggestion for first visit Tokyo - hakone. Can add in day trips to Nikko, Kamakura, Yokohama. Depending on your interests. That will fill up your itinerary.

Do Osaka and Kyoto next trip.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:32 AM   #5285
Great Supremacy Member

Just wondering, it seems i can take NEX from Shinagawa to Shinjuku. Bt from the timetable I cant seem to be able to find a NEX (shows a dash at Shinagawa). So wondering if i wan to take NEX to shinjuku, means i shld take from Tokyo? I cld probably ask the midori window but so far their English seems ain't too ready for non simple qn...

Another qn, since i still hv JR pass on my 7th day in Tokyo, where wld u guys suggest I go, to fully utilize it. Hahahaha
regarding your NEX question, the answer is that you are not looking at the correct times. I need to know why you are trying to do this since NEX is mostly for travelling to or from the airport. Not every NEX will go to Shinjuku side
Old 05-12-2016, 02:14 PM   #5286

Depend on your budget. Jr pass for one pax to Osaka return (7 day pass) is about sgd364.00.

My suggestion for first visit Tokyo - hakone. Can add in day trips to Nikko, Kamakura, Yokohama. Depending on your interests. That will fill up your itinerary.

Do Osaka and Kyoto next trip.
thank you for your advice!
Old 05-12-2016, 02:26 PM   #5287
Great Supremacy Member

another thing of note is that if you take it a bit slower, 10 days will allow you to take in more of each spot you go to.

no good going to Shibuya just to see Hachiko, cross the street, eat and then go back. If shopping is your thing, you can really have a good time there

good luck have fun
Old 05-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #5288
High Supremacy Member

another thing of note is that if you take it a bit slower, 10 days will allow you to take in more of each spot you go to.

no good going to Shibuya just to see Hachiko, cross the street, eat and then go back. If shopping is your thing, you can really have a good time there

good luck have fun
10 days is short. Normally my trip in just in Tokyo I could spend 10 days and slowly walk. Don't exert too much and treat as relaxing holiday.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #5289

I'll say all days in Tokyo! Too many places to visit. Been there more than 5 times for 2 weeks (I don't shop for clothes, mainly food and sight-seeing), I still find I do not have enough time to visit all.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:16 PM   #5290

Hi all, any idea where to find bowling gloves in Japan?
I'm looking for the MECHATECTER Phiten version (model: ME-5DX). I tried checking the phiten shop online but I can't seem to find it.
All I got from google was also rakuten hits and inaccessible company websites... orz

It'll be good if anyone could recommend a shop along the Yamanote lines, going there by metro is ok too, just needs to be within access of Tokyo city and not too far out. =)

Thanks many many! =)
Old 05-12-2016, 09:51 PM   #5291
Master Member

regarding your NEX question, the answer is that you are not looking at the correct times. I need to know why you are trying to do this since NEX is mostly for travelling to or from the airport. Not every NEX will go to Shinjuku side
Cos i m staying at shinjuku mah. Coming from Osaka via sks. I reserved seat till shinagawa cos i tot can take NEX from shinagawa to shinjuku. Y i wan nex is cos w all the luggages, reckon nex is more friendly than taking yamanote train? Less stops less ppl also? Or yamanote line better?

Last edited by XasakuraX; 05-12-2016 at 09:55 PM..
Old 06-12-2016, 01:07 AM   #5292

Question: If i am purchasing the 72 Hour Tokyo Metro Pass, Is that pass applicable on using JR East Station or Chuo Line?
Old 06-12-2016, 05:44 AM   #5293
Supremacy Member

Should be alright. The rush hour generally is between 8am to 9am.
forget if I asked this before but...shinjuku -> maihama (disney sea ) morning got rush hour crowd a not?

For disney sea i wish to reach there before 8am..so probably leave at 7am and it's on a thursday so wondering if will encounter the scary human sardine crowd a not.

So there is a chance of encountering the super crowd...if I got delayed. Why i'm asking is because my gf is very small size and thin...I see those video where they push you inside, i'm not sure how it is like for her if too squeezy.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:53 AM   #5294
Greater Supremacy Member

So there is a chance of encountering the super crowd...if I got delayed. Why i'm asking is because my gf is very small size and thin...I see those video where they push you inside, i'm not sure how it is like for her if too squeezy.
From shinjuku express bus terminal, just take the bus straight to Disney..that's what I did, don't have to squeeze with morning crowd
Old 06-12-2016, 09:03 AM   #5295
High Supremacy Member

my experience in Tokyo.
I went 6 times to Tokyo but i normally stay near Tokyo Station but i do travel during peak hours in the morning.
I never encountered those super crowded like in Video.
In peak hour, is like Jurong East EW line to Raffles during peak hour those crowd which is very manageable.
But not until need those station to push.

Many people who never to Japan got such impression of super crowded lines in Tokyo but actually 99% of the time i am able to get seats! in Singapore it is like 0.01%.

Those crowded lines are not typical lines that tourists will ever take.
Residential area to Business district type of line.
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/09/0...nd-nagoya-are/

What you take is Yamanote Line to Tokyo. Then another local line to Maihama which is not crowded at all.

For me, most common line i usually take is Yamanote Line, Ginza Line, Marunouchi Line. The rest not so common. Yamanote Line itself is sufficient to cover most attractions.

Last edited by anyhowsaysay; 06-12-2016 at 09:10 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.