HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #5386
Master Member

Would like to know if the airport limousine bus is easy to book.
"Easy" as in not many people buying the tickets and there is always a spot.

Since going there first time, I wanted to take the airport limousine bus from HND to washington hotel but just wondering if easy to get tickets or will it be full.
Almost all of my trips I have taken the bus and it's seldom full. If you missed it, you can still stop at Nishi Shinjuku and walk from there. Should take 7-10mins.
Old 13-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #5387
Great Supremacy Member

hi, just wanna ask you a question. I'm not over 20, and i am a smoker., but i heard japan legal age to buy and smoke is 20, am i still a allow to buy and smoke as I'm a foreigner? what if i am caught?
I would suggest that you keep enough cigs on you and dun smoke like you are here...

stick to smoking rooms or areas with an actual ashtray. You can get cigarettes from select convenience stores, but I am not so sure abt their willingness to sell if they check your ID. You are still breaking their laws even though you are foreigner, they are also liable if they sell to you.

side note : quit smoking la... it is for your own good
fairnsquare likes this.
Old 13-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #5388
Supremacy Member

hi, just wanna ask you a question. I'm not over 20, and i am a smoker., but i heard japan legal age to buy and smoke is 20, am i still a allow to buy and smoke as I'm a foreigner? what if i am caught?
when you go to a foreign country, you have to observe the laws of that country.

that said, when you buy cigarettes in an convenience store, you might be asked to show an id (or passport?) if they think you are underage, but I don't smoke so I have no experience of buying cigarettes at the combini, so I cannot say for sure
Old 13-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #5389
Master Member

when the hotel site mention price for 5 nights X amt is that consider the total price?
Old 13-12-2016, 10:28 AM   #5390

when you go to a foreign country, you have to observe the laws of that country.

that said, when you buy cigarettes in an convenience store, you might be asked to show an id (or passport?) if they think you are underage, but I don't smoke so I have no experience of buying cigarettes at the combini, so I cannot say for sure
There's vending machines selling cigarettes too.
Old 13-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #5391
High Supremacy Member

There's vending machines selling cigarettes too.
Their vending machine need to have special card then can use one
Old 13-12-2016, 10:45 AM   #5392

i realise most of the places to stay are south of the lake. i was looking for places north of the lake, so can get a view of lake + mt fuji. sadly, those places are either too expensive or no more rooms.
My 2cents.

Unless you are staying in your room most of the time during daytime, didn't think that getting a room with mt fuji view is mandatory. It's up to you to decide.

2ndly if you planning to look for lodging at the north, make sure the hotel offered free pickup/dropoff service from the station. Most of the hotels offered this service.
The bus could be very packed at times and you would want to avoid dragging your lugguages in a crowded bus.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #5393
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey guys, I am planning to be visiting Osaka,kyoto,nara/kobe(daytrips) and Tokyo. In which city is it worth driving?
Old 14-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #5394
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey guys, I am planning to be visiting Osaka,kyoto,nara/kobe(daytrips) and Tokyo. In which city is it worth driving?
none.
dun have to drive in cities coz public transport much more convenient.
it is good to drive only if u are visiting some out of the way attractions that are not easily accessible by public transport
Old 14-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #5395

none.
dun have to drive in cities coz public transport much more convenient.
it is good to drive only if u are visiting some out of the way attractions that are not easily accessible by public transport
+1

All the major sights in the cities you mention are easily accessible by public transport. Unless you have anyone in your party with mobility issues, a car isn't worth the hassle.
Old 14-12-2016, 11:27 AM   #5396
Supremacy Member

My 2cents.

Unless you are staying in your room most of the time during daytime, didn't think that getting a room with mt fuji view is mandatory. It's up to you to decide.

2ndly if you planning to look for lodging at the north, make sure the hotel offered free pickup/dropoff service from the station. Most of the hotels offered this service.
The bus could be very packed at times and you would want to avoid dragging your lugguages in a crowded bus.
yes, i totally agree. already decided not to stay at kawaguchi for the night, morning leave tokyo head to lake, see all the views and scenery, then make my way to nara.
feel its slightly pointless wasting a whole day there.
Old 14-12-2016, 12:04 PM   #5397
Greater Supremacy Member

yes, i totally agree. already decided not to stay at kawaguchi for the night, morning leave tokyo head to lake, see all the views and scenery, then make my way to nara.
feel its slightly pointless wasting a whole day there.
By the time u reach Nara, should be late noon at least..

The other time i did Kyoto->Mishima then transfer to express liner to Kawaguchiko Station, left Kyoto on 7.42 Hikari, reach Mishima and took the next available express liner at around 10.10am, reach Kawaguchiko station i think almost 12..
Old 14-12-2016, 03:09 PM   #5398
Supremacy Member

i reading about travelling on trains.. my mind exploded..

my route:
tokyo > lake kawaguchi > nara > kyoto > osaka > tokyo

suica or JR pass? which one to get?
possible for experts to advice how to go travel between the locations above?

the lake seems to be the most out of place.. like need to transfer and take bus.
Old 14-12-2016, 06:09 PM   #5399
Master Member

Those who have been to Kamakura, is it recommended to travel back via Enoshima? Does it take longer to reach Shinjuku?
Old 14-12-2016, 08:38 PM   #5400

Those who have been to Kamakura, is it recommended to travel back via Enoshima? Does it take longer to reach Shinjuku?
I don't understand your question. Why do you need to travel to Enoshima in order to head back to Shinjuku?

Kamakura itself has a JR station and a direct local JR train back to Shinjuku.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.