HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2016, 08:33 PM   #5446

ask airline how & when u will be notified of flight cancellation etc, whether need to go to CTS airport to wait ... keep all receipts

is it same airline out of Haneda ?
Thanks, I am checking CTS airport website for flight status. I am due to depart Sapporo to Haneda domestic only by JAL tomorrow and need to check out hotel tomorrow.
Return back SG on Monday by Scoot
Old 22-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #5447
Supremacy Member

This is normal for Hokkaido due to blzzaied I Jana before too and needs to stay over in chitseo too

Jose ask the airline for a paper work print out for u and arrange another flight and u r good take care

If u worry then go chitseo airport and book a onsen room or hotel first unless u don't mind zzz inside airport
Thanks, I am checking CTS airport website for flight status. I am due to depart Sapporo to Haneda domestic only by JAL tomorrow and need to check out hotel tomorrow.
Return back SG on Monday by Scoot
Old 22-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #5448
Supremacy Member

Just back from a 10days drive trip in Jap. The best things there were the spray toilet seat with warmer! A lifesaver everytime in morning of -1C to -4C outside temp...
Just Tokyo only? Heard that the last few days is quite warm for December.
Old 23-12-2016, 06:02 AM   #5449

This is normal for Hokkaido due to blzzaied I Jana before too and needs to stay over in chitseo too

Jose ask the airline for a paper work print out for u and arrange another flight and u r good take care

If u worry then go chitseo airport and book a onsen room or hotel first unless u don't mind zzz inside airport
Hi Kenchi, how long did u wait at Chitose?
Now 6 am already but Chitose airport has not update the schedule yet even for 8 am flight.
Suprisingly ANA flights status get updated but not JAL.
Old 23-12-2016, 06:14 AM   #5450

Testing 1 2 3
Old 23-12-2016, 06:22 AM   #5451
Supremacy Member

I don't dare to go into jap restaurants as i don't know how to order their food ><
Old 23-12-2016, 08:48 AM   #5452
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't dare to go into jap restaurants as i don't know how to order their food ><
Don't need to know Japanese.

Some have English menu. They may figure you're not Japanese and give that to you.

Don't have that bring waiting staff to display window and point.

Don't have point at what other customers are eating.

Ramen and some budget eating places use vending machine. Some have photos. For ramen shops with no photos take the top left option. Usually is the signature dish of the place.
fairnsquare likes this.
Old 23-12-2016, 10:28 AM   #5453
Supremacy Member

For vending machines, you can safely choose the top left option. This is their standard dish. The others would be variations of it like extra spring onions, meat, combo, etc.
Old 23-12-2016, 10:47 AM   #5454
VD
Supremacy Member

normally there will be a photo of sorts and a big one nearby to take reference. I find restaurant these days cater more to foreigners too, not including those who doesn't serve tourist, you will get more pictorial menu
Old 23-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #5455

Prices are always indicated on the menu. Staff are always helpful if you approach them.
Old 23-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #5456
Supremacy Member

Don't need to know Japanese.

Some have English menu. They may figure you're not Japanese and give that to you.

Don't have that bring waiting staff to display window and point.

Don't have point at what other customers are eating.

Ramen and some budget eating places use vending machine. Some have photos. For ramen shops with no photos take the top left option. Usually is the signature dish of the place.
If you walk into say maybe 10 restaurants...a number of them will have lesser items in their English menu compared to the Japanese one.....that's just the way that the country works....
Old 23-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #5457
Arch-Supremacy Member

Most restaurants got English menu. They usually have staff that can speak some English (or Mandarin) actually.

There was a small restaurant that I went to that doesn't have any English instructions on their vending machine. Their "best sellers" were listed on the top row with photos, so that's easy to see. The rest of the dishes are all in Japanese only, though sometimes if you know some chinese words, you can roughly guess what the dish is/has. The only staff there (apart from the chef) did not came out to help us out even though we lingered at the vending machine for quite some time, and the restaurant was almost empty. Turns out that the staff was from mainland and can speak perfect Mandarin. That explains why her service standards so low.
Crescy, fairnsquare and joeson like this.
Old 24-12-2016, 10:09 AM   #5458
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys, is Umeshu classified as wine or spirits? Looking to bring in for friend.
Old 24-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #5459
Supremacy Member

Hi guys, is Umeshu classified as wine or spirits? Looking to bring in for friend.
It is wine but it doesn't matter. Can only bring maximum 2 bottles per person.
tomicaguy likes this.
Old 24-12-2016, 05:48 PM   #5460
High Supremacy Member

One way is using Google Translate. Got the camera function just take the photo and then can translate already.
tewem likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.