HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2016, 05:00 PM   #5476
Supremacy Member

What to do in Shinjuku for 1 night. travelling japan with a friend. i will reach there in the late afternoon, where my friend will reach midnight.

so i have 1 night solo. any suggestion on what to do there? or any good food, ramen or some don?
i stay near the shinjuku station.
Fuunji Ramen... try their Tsukemen or Curry Katsu Ouroji or just good old reliable Ichiran/Ippudo Ramen.

Shinjuku mostly is shopping around and east of the station and nightlife at Kabukicho just north of the station. Enough to keep anyone occupied for a couple days.
Crescy likes this.
Old 28-12-2016, 05:53 PM   #5477
Supremacy Member

so i have 1 night solo. any suggestion on what to do there? or any good food, ramen or some don?
Go watch robot restaurant

It is either SUPER AWESOME or absolutely horrendous depending on your personality and what part of Japanese pop culture you're interested in.

Anyway some preview here:

Old 28-12-2016, 07:48 PM   #5478
High Supremacy Member

What to do in Shinjuku for 1 night. travelling japan with a friend. i will reach there in the late afternoon, where my friend will reach midnight.

i stay near the shinjuku station.
Shinjuku is Kabukicho
Old 28-12-2016, 11:31 PM   #5479
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi newbie here ....is japan easy to travel by yrself if dunno japanese? is there ample english signs and information? how comprehensive is google maps there?

i've travelled solo in taiwan dunno about japan
Old 28-12-2016, 11:47 PM   #5480

Hi guys!

Just booked my virgin flight to Tokyo 4th to 12th April, care to share how would you spend your time during that period of time in Tokyo?

I'm not sure which location should I stay, probably will go for a place that is value for money.

Appreciate your inputs, thanks!
Old 29-12-2016, 12:59 AM   #5481

Hi guys!

Just booked my virgin flight to Tokyo 4th to 12th April, care to share how would you spend your time during that period of time in Tokyo?

I'm not sure which location should I stay, probably will go for a place that is value for money.

You can try our this place call Net Maru, it will be really affordable and an interesting experience
Old 29-12-2016, 07:34 AM   #5482
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi newbie here ....is japan easy to travel by yrself if dunno japanese? is there ample english signs and information? how comprehensive is google maps there?

Japan in general or the major cities like Tokyo, Osaka, etc? Big cities usually have lots of signs in English. Ulu ulu small towns would be lesser, as expected. Google maps work. paper map and a simple phone compass or real compass also works. Whenever you are stuck or even not stuck, just ask for help. Ask the youngsters especially, most are more than happy to guide you. Older folks and salarymen seem to be less helpful(personal experience).

Beware of the peculiar use of English in Japan though. Like the platform is call "Home" More details here

Last edited by cpuer; 29-12-2016 at 09:44 AM..
Old 29-12-2016, 09:24 AM   #5483
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys!

See what interests you here. Different for everybody.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html

Where to stay depend on budget. Value for money is relative. What's your budget?
Old 29-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #5484

You can try our this place call Net Maru, it will be really affordable and an interesting experience
Cool, interesting concept, not sure if my wife will accept it. haha

See what interests you here. Different for everybody.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html

Where to stay depend on budget. Value for money is relative. What's your budget?
Gonna focus on sightseeing especially the cherry blossoms and the must-go places in Tokyo.. and food!

For accommodation probably $70-100/night... Kinda lost and not sure which area should I stay..

Please share your experience
Old 29-12-2016, 10:16 AM   #5485

Cool, interesting concept, not sure if my wife will accept it. haha

Gonna focus on sightseeing especially the cherry blossoms and the must-go places in Tokyo.. and food!

For accommodation probably $70-100/night... Kinda lost and not sure which area should I stay..

Please share your experience
Peak season. Hotels would be fully booked over the weekends. It's quite low considering your budget. You could take a look at hostels with private rooms. Or try APA hotel chains and similar business hotels in Ueno or Ikebukuro.
fairnsquare likes this.
Old 29-12-2016, 10:37 AM   #5486

Peak season. Hotels would be fully booked over the weekends. It's quite low considering your budget. You could take a look at hostels with private rooms. Or try APA hotel chains and similar business hotels in Ueno or Ikebukuro.
I see, my idea is to stay in an okay room and allocate more budget for food. hehe

How about AirBNB? I need to know a starting point area to find accommodation.. What I read from blog is to stay at these areas: Shinjuku, Ginza and Tokyo Station. What do you think huh?
Old 29-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #5487
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see, my idea is to stay in an okay room and allocate more budget for food. hehe

How about AirBNB? I need to know a starting point area to find accommodation.. What I read from blog is to stay at these areas: Shinjuku, Ginza and Tokyo Station. What do you think huh?
From my research even airbnb apartments around $100 would not be near major stations like shibuya, shinjuku. Likely to be one station away from them.
fairnsquare and powerpack8 like this.
Old 29-12-2016, 11:59 AM   #5488

Anybody been to the Fox Village before? Half a day enough if I'm travelling early from Yokohama to there? Or is it not worth going?
Old 29-12-2016, 12:29 PM   #5489

i'm planning to go to Nagano for the snow monkey and ski resort.

will it be better to stay at Nagano City or Yamanouchi?
Old 29-12-2016, 12:40 PM   #5490

I traveled Hokkaido, Okinawa, Osaka on my own without much knowledge of Japanese. Osaka has a lot of English signs and is very tourist friendly, let me know if you need tips and itinerary suggestions. I can share with you. I brought a lot of material back from my travels too

Revolution;105494378]hi newbie here ....is japan easy to travel by yrself if dunno japanese? is there ample english signs and information? how comprehensive is google maps there?

Last edited by zeemloh; 29-12-2016 at 12:44 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.