HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #541
Supremacy Member

Most attractions for Tokyo can be travelled through subways/trains right? Osaka is more for sightseeing? If 8days just for Tokyo, is it too much or little?
YOOO KANGAROO. Yea of cos 8 days is okay! U can see a lot of people itinerary about 8 days in Tokyo, I haven't create mine though, don't know where to go in Tokyo.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #542
Supremacy Member

yup, trains and subways will get u to almost all the key attractions in tokyo.

osaka is also city, just like tokyo. sightseeing is probably just osaka castle. there is also osaka aquarium and universal studio in osaka. from osaka, u can travel to other parts of kansai for sightseeing, such as kyoto for temples and shrines, and kobe for mount rokko

8 days for tokyo i think is okay. u can spend 4-5 days on the main places in tokyo, 1-2 days for disneyland or sea, then maybe an overnight trip to hakone for view of mt fuji.

u can refer to this website to get an idea of wat to expect in tokyo
Tokyo - City Guide
If just wanna travel in Tokyo, which train pass should I get??
Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #543
Supremacy Member

If just wanna travel in Tokyo, which train pass should I get??
Tokyo Metro Pass
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #544

Huh then around 200 sgd?! I know the cab there is expensive but not till that extend??
Why not? The toll fees are very exp. One cab trip from narita to downtown Tokyo costs 100 plus already. Oh. Not to mention when I was there, the exchange rate was unfavorable to me and i had to sign for the cab charge

Last edited by sereneong19; 05-10-2013 at 10:35 AM..
Old 07-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #545
Supremacy Member

Been looking at one hotel from japanican and bookings.com, it says need to pay in advance at japanican but it says pay when staying at bookings.com and of course I book the one from booking.com
Any kind souls can explain why is that so? Scared later my reservation from bookings is not recorded.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #546

Kansai thru pass doesn't use JR lines, so a lot of transfers here and there
hi i am going to the The Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum at IKEDA(OSAKA) from kansai ariport. does the KANSAI THRU PASS cover this travel?
thanks

Hyperdia | SearchResult
Old 07-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #547
Master Member

Been looking at one hotel from japanican and bookings.com, it says need to pay in advance at japanican but it says pay when staying at bookings.com and of course I book the one from booking.com
Any kind souls can explain why is that so? Scared later my reservation from bookings is not recorded.
I'd recommend booking through the hotel website directly. Rates are similar and quite often cheaper also (no agency fees).
Old 07-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #548
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi i am going to the The Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum at IKEDA(OSAKA) from kansai ariport. does the KANSAI THRU PASS cover this travel?
thanks

Hyperdia | SearchResult
shld be ok.
Nankai, midosuji and Hankyu lines are covered in the kansai thru pass
Old 07-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #549
Arch-Supremacy Member

so far i have not encountered any problem with bookings.com

but if possible, i usually just book directly from the hotel's own website
Old 08-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #550

shld be ok.
Nankai, midosuji and Hankyu lines are covered in the kansai thru pass
bro, thanks, another question here, as i need to travel from HIGASHIYAMA(KYOTO) where my stay is to universal studio, hence as per the link here.

Hyperdia | SearchResult

the only JR line in this travel is from NISHIKUJO to UNIVERSALCITY , however it was quoted •780 to travel from KYOTO to UNIVERSALCITY. But i think in the travel KYOTO to NISHIKUJO is covered by kansai thru pass.

So if i am to make full use of the thru pass , i need to travel from HIGASHIYAMA(KYOTO) to NISHIKUJO , get out and purchase the JR line ticket and bring me to Universal studio or I am make all arrangement at HIGASHIYAMA(KYOTO) station, ie i top whatever the different for the extra of JR and a strainght travel from HIGASHIYAMA(KYOT) to UNIVERSAL city?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #551

I will be staying at Ikebukuro for a business trip from 22 Oct till 3 Nov. My hotel is 5 min walk from Ikebukuro station. I would like to visit their hot springs. Could someone recommend any hot springs around the area that is accessible by train and preferably no need to change to buses to reach the destination as I am afraid I will be lost?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #552

I'll be flying to osaka from fukuoka on 28th October Monday morning. Most probably booking a hotel in osaka and taking day trips to kyoto, nara and kobe.

I know that a day trip of nara and kobe combined is sufficient. What about kyoto?

I will only be departing osaka for Tokyo on 31st October.

My question is, could anyone recommend me a short itinerary for these areas in the 3 days? 31st morning I'll be departing.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #553
Master Member

I will be staying at Ikebukuro for a business trip from 22 Oct till 3 Nov. My hotel is 5 min walk from Ikebukuro station. I would like to visit their hot springs. Could someone recommend any hot springs around the area that is accessible by train and preferably no need to change to buses to reach the destination as I am afraid I will be lost?
If you want true hot spring experience, the nearest would be Hakone. You can take the train to Hakone Yumoto station (no need to change I think) from Shinjuku. Takes about 1hr 30mins depending whether express or not.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #554
Master Member

I'll be flying to osaka from fukuoka on 28th October Monday morning. Most probably booking a hotel in osaka and taking day trips to kyoto, nara and kobe.

I know that a day trip of nara and kobe combined is sufficient. What about kyoto?

I will only be departing osaka for Tokyo on 31st October.

My question is, could anyone recommend me a short itinerary for these areas in the 3 days? 31st morning I'll be departing.

Thanks in advance!!!
Not sure what your interest is but unless you're a foodie, I wouldn't recommend Kobe and Nara on a single day. The two towns are quite far apart unless you dont mind spending sometime on the train.

Kyoto itself is worth 2-3 days of visiting if you're into temples and historical sites. Near Kyoto is Arashiyama where there are the famous bamboo forests, Basho, monkeys, etc, also worth at least a half-day trip there or even a day.

If you prefer a no rush kind of sightseeing, I'd recommend Kyoto and Nara only. For Nara, half a day is more than enough.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #555
Supremacy Member

i use booking.com as a place to check for empty rooms.

then i book direct with the hotel.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.