HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2017, 05:44 PM   #5911
Master Member

How about those luggage with 30/31 inch? Taking shinkasen should be no issues right?

Old 15-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #5912
Master Member

if go Kuromon Ichiba Market during ard 3pm... will there still be shops open? will the better/famous snack stalls be closed/OOS?
Old 16-02-2017, 11:13 PM   #5913
Supremacy Member

If I plan to enter Tokyo by narita/ haneda, then return by Osaka/KIX, the only way is to book 2 one way tickets?
Old 17-02-2017, 07:38 AM   #5914
Arch-Supremacy Member

If I plan to enter Tokyo by narita/ haneda, then return by Osaka/KIX, the only way is to book 2 one way tickets?
This is called open-jaw tickets. most airlines allow this.
Old 17-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #5915
Supremacy Member

How about those luggage with 30/31 inch? Taking shinkasen should be no issues right?
No issue but big luggage compartments are very limited and usually there's some space towards the end of each car.
Old 17-02-2017, 08:53 AM   #5916
High Supremacy Member

Shinkansen don't have storage compartment for luggage except those top compartment (Lift up). but that one cannot store large and heavy luggage.

another alternative is store behind the last row of seat. but that is assuming u reserve the last seat if got people sitting u can't use it.
Old 17-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #5917
Master Member

Shinkansen don't have storage compartment for luggage except those top compartment (Lift up). but that one cannot store large and heavy luggage.

another alternative is store behind the last row of seat. but that is assuming u reserve the last seat if got people sitting u can't use it.
No issue but big luggage compartments are very limited and usually there's some space towards the end of each car.
Then if I'm not gonna buy reserved seat and last row are taken up. Then how?

Old 17-02-2017, 09:34 AM   #5918
Supremacy Member

What I meant is this http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2018.html (see last photo). You can also place it in front of you but there wont be much space for your legs.
Old 17-02-2017, 09:49 AM   #5919
Master Member

What I meant is this http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2018.html (see last photo). You can also place it in front of you but there wont be much space for your legs.
Thanks! Another question, if we happened to sleep and missed our stop, what will happen?

Old 17-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #5920
High Supremacy Member

if last row is taken then u can't store at last row technically or else the person sitting last row cannot recline properly.

That's why try to bring as light as possible. Japanese style, once u go there u will see their small luggage.
Old 17-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #5921

Is there any directs bullet train from Shin-Osaka Station back to Tokyo?
Is it worth to buy a single one-way ticket just to experience the bullet train?
Old 17-02-2017, 10:24 AM   #5922
High Supremacy Member

Thanks! Another question, if we happened to sleep and missed our stop, what will happen?
If you are using non reserved seating, Just go find rebound train and hop on and go back your stop.

for JR Pass, find non Nozomi train.
Old 17-02-2017, 10:24 AM   #5923

Hey there, me and my friend were planning to go on our first 10-Days trip to Japan in April.
A couple of questions:

1. Is it worth getting 7 days JR pass? We are planning to travel to Osaka/Kyoto (and Nara, tbc), spending about 4-5 days there and back to Tokyo.
2. Is there such a thing like Shinkansen 1-Day pass? (Noob question) I asked because while I see that there is a 1-day Tokyo pass but it does not seems to cover the trip to Haneda Airport
3. I know that it is better to get reserved seating for Shinkansen. Can that be done online and what is the time period that I can book it for the next day ride? Eg. I will be taking the train on Monday, can I book it on Sunday?
Old 17-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #5924
High Supremacy Member

Is there any directs bullet train from Shin-Osaka Station back to Tokyo?
Is it worth to buy a single one-way ticket just to experience the bullet train?
All tokaido Shinkansen will pass those stations. Those are the most important train stops along that route

Shin Osaka - Kyoto - Nagoya - Tokyo.

If want to just experience, can buy short trip like Tokyo to Shinagawa. 6 mins ride and cost maybe $13 one way.
Old 17-02-2017, 10:34 AM   #5925
High Supremacy Member

Hey there, me and my friend were planning to go on our first 10-Days trip to Japan in April.
A couple of questions:

1. Is it worth getting 7 days JR pass? We are planning to travel to Osaka/Kyoto (and Nara, tbc), spending about 4-5 days there and back to Tokyo.
2. Is there such a thing like Shinkansen 1-Day pass? (Noob question) I asked because while I see that there is a 1-day Tokyo pass but it does not seems to cover the trip to Haneda Airport
3. I know that it is better to get reserved seating for Shinkansen. Can that be done online and what is the time period that I can book it for the next day ride? Eg. I will be taking the train on Monday, can I book it on Sunday?
1. Cheapest Shinkansen Nozomi ticket round trip between Tokyo and Shin Osaka is 27240 Yen. Cheapest JR Ticket 7 days is 29110 Yen. So as long as you take round trip + some misc local train might be able to cover the cost of JR Pass.
But there are ways to save money on Shinkansen like taking certain plans like Kodama train which cost 20,600 Yen for round trip. So u need to make your calculation carefully.

2. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357.html

3. No difference between reserved or non reserved seating except during peak period where non reserved is full. Reservation window earliest 1 month before the date of the ride and latest is a few mins before departure.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.