HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2017, 04:20 PM   #5986

no arh, i wanna buy those type you linked de. a Japan Prepaid data sim card.

the thing is would it be easily available at japan there? i wanna purchase there if possible cause i also heard they have the tools to put the simcard into my phone.

dont have my own mifi device wor, dont feel like renting one from changi unless i got no choice... cause if i rented one then have to take care of the unit... later spoil or damage then tio blamed for it.

buy sim card from online is better than buying in Japan itself??
Just go google for japan data sim prepaid cards and you'll get your ans. Just note that some of the sim card providers required you to return the sim cards via postage dropoff after usuage (if i didn't recall wrongly). Think some of the airports have data sim vending machines.

I've bought from econnect and bmobile via online during my last 2 trips and requested for delivery to my hotel.
Old 22-02-2017, 06:23 PM   #5987
Greater Supremacy Member

If you insist, yes, you can get from amazon co jp, yodoyabashi etc to deliver to your hotel. Or you can visit those big electronic shops/chain like BIC CAMERA, YODOYABASHI in JP.

When you talk about tools for sim, are you talking about those sim tray pin?
hmm i dont think need deliver to hotel. do the airport have shops that sell these 1 time use sim cards(use liao throw after) ?

and yup tools meaning the pin to open the sim tray you are correct. cant be i bring the pin along with me
Just go google for japan data sim prepaid cards and you'll get your ans. Just note that some of the sim card providers required you to return the sim cards via postage dropoff after usuage (if i didn't recall wrongly). Think some of the airports have data sim vending machines.

I've bought from econnect and bmobile via online during my last 2 trips and requested for delivery to my hotel.
Narita airport have data sim vending machine anot arh? the size dont think is a problem but the problem might be the pin to open the sim tray. if no choice then gotta bring along also
Old 22-02-2017, 10:01 PM   #5988
High Supremacy Member

hmm i dont think need deliver to hotel. do the airport have shops that sell these 1 time use sim cards(use liao throw after) ?

and yup tools meaning the pin to open the sim tray you are correct. cant be i bring the pin along with me

Narita airport have data sim vending machine anot arh? the size dont think is a problem but the problem might be the pin to open the sim tray. if no choice then gotta bring along also
Bring the pin la. I brought paper clip and use it to open the sim tray before. There was no issue.
Old 23-02-2017, 07:23 AM   #5989
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just bring the pin with you, not a big problem.if so adverse to bring it, then get the sim from qoo and insert the sim while in SG. Then you dont have to bring that pin with you to JP.

some SIM seller also throw in a pin as freebie. Freetel SIM from JP also have a free pin provided.

Last edited by cpuer; 23-02-2017 at 07:25 AM..
Old 24-02-2017, 08:11 AM   #5990
Arch-Supremacy Member

TS, what travel insurance u hoot?
annual or 1-time?
u claim b4? which 1 good?
interestes in 1-time travel insurance.

saw SAMPO ads on newspaper, good?
was quoted 8-days Japan for $48

Last edited by sevensomerset; 24-02-2017 at 09:04 AM..
Old 24-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #5991

Hi all, any one got experience flying out of Osaka via China Airlines (CAL)?
My luggage limit is 30kg, so I can check in 1 x 30kg luggage case or need to pack as: 1 x 23kg plus 1 x 7kg?
As I think they have limit of 23kg/luggage, when flying out of Japan or USA. ANA and Delta both limit 2 luggages and max. 23kg each.
Thanks
Old 24-02-2017, 10:15 AM   #5992
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all, any one got experience flying out of Osaka via China Airlines (CAL)?
My luggage limit is 30kg, so I can check in 1 x 30kg luggage case or need to pack as: 1 x 23kg plus 1 x 7kg?
As I think they have limit of 23kg/luggage, when flying out of Japan or USA. ANA and Delta both limit 2 luggages and max. 23kg each.
Thanks
different airline got different limits... some is 1 x 30kg, some is 2 x 23kg etc.
have to check with the airline on ur luggage limit
fairnsquare likes this.
Old 24-02-2017, 10:23 AM   #5993
Arch-Supremacy Member

annual or 1-time?

see how often u travel in a year. annual ones usually need ard 3 major trips to be worth it. if u travelling frequently for work, then likely to be worth it

my personal experience is not to go with small insurance company. they are more detailed (neow) when it comes to claims. i kanna flight delay in sri lanka before... more than 6hrs, and got letter from airline to state delay. small insurance company say not enuf, letter didnt state the reason for delay. ask us to get another letter from airline

bigger company usually easier coz they probably dun want to bother with small straight-forward claim cases, they just pay loh. so far my friends claim with ntuc, all no issue.
Old 24-02-2017, 06:54 PM   #5994
Greater Supremacy Member

some SIM seller also throw in a pin as freebie. Freetel SIM from JP also have a free pin provided.
thanks for the tips.. at Narita airport can find this Freetel SIM?
Old 24-02-2017, 08:08 PM   #5995
Arch-Supremacy Member

see how often u travel in a year. annual ones usually need ard 3 major trips to be worth it. if u travelling frequently for work, then likely to be worth it

my personal experience is not to go with small insurance company. they are more detailed (neow) when it comes to claims. i kanna flight delay in sri lanka before... more than 6hrs, and got letter from airline to state delay. small insurance company say not enuf, letter didnt state the reason for delay. ask us to get another letter from airline

bigger company usually easier coz they probably dun want to bother with small straight-forward claim cases, they just pay loh. so far my friends claim with ntuc, all no issue.
SOMPO is big or small?

Last edited by sevensomerset; 24-02-2017 at 08:10 PM..
Old 25-02-2017, 12:58 PM   #5996
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks for the tips.. at Narita airport can find this Freetel SIM?
why not getting Starhub Happyroam prepaid sim? just $15 for 2.4GB, solve all your concerns. Can use immediately upon touch down at Narita. Can in fact start using it while u are still in Sg as its just a local sim that allows dataroaming. With Happyroam, there is not much reason of getting any other sim now.
Old 25-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #5997
High Supremacy Member

annual or 1-time?

If you got those miles cc. use those to book your flight and get free insurance.
Old 25-02-2017, 02:46 PM   #5998
Greater Supremacy Member

why not getting Starhub Happyroam prepaid sim? just $15 for 2.4GB, solve all your concerns. Can use immediately upon touch down at Narita. Can in fact start using it while u are still in Sg as its just a local sim that allows dataroaming. With Happyroam, there is not much reason of getting any other sim now.
wah another new tip nice! will be going to their website to see see.. but 2.4gb abit low..
Old 25-02-2017, 03:38 PM   #5999
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah another new tip nice! will be going to their website to see see.. but 2.4gb abit low..
then get the 3.6GB for $20.

http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobi...appy-roam.html
Old 25-02-2017, 03:43 PM   #6000
Master Member

I'm confused, we can use our existing Starhub prepaid sim cards to data roam, right?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.