HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #6046

Hi all,

Would like to check, what is the cheapest way to make call to Singapore from Japan or incoming calls?

Based on my research, Japan do not sell any prepaid voice SIM card only data right?

Or would it be better to get a prepaid card in Singapore then call forward my fixed line number to the prepaid card??

TIA
Old 27-02-2017, 05:05 PM   #6047
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Would like to check, what is the cheapest way to make call to Singapore from Japan or incoming calls?

Based on my research, Japan do not sell any prepaid voice SIM card only data right?

Or would it be better to get a prepaid card in Singapore then call forward my fixed line number to the prepaid card??

TIA
I uses iijmio for data sim, I see it got option to charge it for overseas call but so far never try before.

https://t.iijmio.jp/en/index.html

http://www.brastel.com/eng/japantravelsim
Old 27-02-2017, 05:59 PM   #6048
High Supremacy Member

There is one, Tokyo Station to Shinagawa Station!
Oh yeah. That is right. There are other shinkansen routes within Kanto region via different lines. Then again, it is silly to spend too much for a very short trip. *shocked*
Old 27-02-2017, 08:09 PM   #6049
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can use skype credit to call land or mobile lines when you use a dataroaming in JP
Old 27-02-2017, 08:48 PM   #6050

You can use skype credit to call land or mobile lines when you use a dataroaming in JP
Wow that seems like a affordable option. Does the caller have to have Skype too?

* I also saw that they have a one month free trial. Maybe I could try that!

Have u try the one month free trial before? Is it legit free trial?

Thanks

Last edited by Kungfuwarrior777; 27-02-2017 at 09:00 PM..
Old 27-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #6051
High Supremacy Member

Am I right to say that if you have taken the Mt Kachi Kachi Ropeway, it is kinda duplicate if you take Hakone ropeway again?
completely different. not duplicate.
Kachi Kachi is for going up to view Mount Fuji from height

Hakone is for the going to Owakudani mainly. Got some view but don't think can see Mount Fuji.
Old 27-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #6052

if the flight is on 17 dec at 0205am, i should check in on sat 2359 right?
Old 27-02-2017, 10:13 PM   #6053
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hakone ropeway have mt fuji view too. But imo, the angle is less beutiful and less typical than from kawaguchigo side.
Old 28-02-2017, 07:40 AM   #6054
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow that seems like a affordable option. Does the caller have to have Skype too?

* I also saw that they have a one month free trial. Maybe I could try that!

Have u try the one month free trial before? Is it legit free trial?

Thanks
If you have a skype phone number (need to sign up for this service), others can call you at the number but to you it will be a skype call that uses data.

if you and caller use web, can use whatsapp or line to call each other too.
Old 28-02-2017, 08:34 AM   #6055

completely different. not duplicate.
Kachi Kachi is for going up to view Mount Fuji from height

Hakone is for the going to Owakudani mainly. Got some view but don't think can see Mount Fuji.
Does the Hakone Tozan Cable Car also bring you up to Owakudani but from the other direction? Or is it only to Sounzan?

Also like to know if we get the Hakone freepass, does it include 2-way transport to/fro Shinjuku or only from Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto?

I want to the Hakone Freepass for 2 days and then move on to Kawaguchiko for another 2 nights with car rental. Which package will be best for my case?
Old 28-02-2017, 10:15 AM   #6056
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does the Hakone Tozan Cable Car also bring you up to Owakudani but from the other direction? Or is it only to Sounzan?

Also like to know if we get the Hakone freepass, does it include 2-way transport to/fro Shinjuku or only from Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto?

I want to the Hakone Freepass for 2 days and then move on to Kawaguchiko for another 2 nights with car rental. Which package will be best for my case?
Just a short distance between Gora and Sounzan, can see from this link here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5203.html

Wont get to Owakudani except transfer to Ropeway or bus from Sounzan

The Odakyu Hakone Freepass covers return trips.
Old 28-02-2017, 04:33 PM   #6057

Just a short distance between Gora and Sounzan, can see from this link here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5203.html

Wont get to Owakudani except transfer to Ropeway or bus from Sounzan

The Odakyu Hakone Freepass covers return trips.
If I purchase the Hakone Freepass without the transport from Shinjuku (@4,000), how do I check via hyperdia the time and rate of the train from Shinjuku to Odawara? I tried using hyperdia but there is no station with name "Odakyu Shinjuku".
Old 28-02-2017, 05:19 PM   #6058
Arch-Supremacy Member

If I purchase the Hakone Freepass without the transport from Shinjuku (@4,000), how do I check via hyperdia the time and rate of the train from Shinjuku to Odawara? I tried using hyperdia but there is no station with name "Odakyu Shinjuku".
Key in starting stn Shinjuku(JR) will do. It will show u various options of reaching Odawara, including Odakyu.
fairnsquare likes this.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #6059
Arch-Supremacy Member

for JR pass, if let say i want to use it on my 6th day of the trip.. do i only exchange on the 6th day when i am gg to use it. or can i exchange it on the first day and actually "activate" only on the 6th day?

also using hyperdia, i understand i can filter out private rail to see route that can fully use JR pass. but if i dun mind a mixture of JR transport with non JR for convenience. how will i able to identify which transport i can use JR pass and which to purchase a tix?
Old 02-03-2017, 09:31 PM   #6060
High Supremacy Member

for JR pass, if let say i want to use it on my 6th day of the trip.. do i only exchange on the 6th day when i am gg to use it. or can i exchange it on the first day and actually "activate" only on the 6th day?

also using hyperdia, i understand i can filter out private rail to see route that can fully use JR pass. but if i dun mind a mixture of JR transport with non JR for convenience. how will i able to identify which transport i can use JR pass and which to purchase a tix?
Yes. With JR pass, you can enter and exit the manned gantry of JR stations. When you reach non-JR station, you cannot enter and exit. Time for you to switch to paid ticket or IC. The company logo will tell you whether it is JR or non-JR.

If you ever take Shinkansen, JR Pass itself will tell you that you cannot take Nozumi and Mizuho Shinkansen.
SibehEng likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.