HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #601

no idea where u accommodation is located. but gion is in eastern kyoto, near kiyomizudera and maruyama park, so it shld be easy to fit into ur first day itinerary.

fushimi inari is in southern kyoto, near inari station. u can hike through the thousands of torii gate over the mountain and end up in tofukuji temple a station away. this will take u the whole morning. other than that, i cant think of anything else around that area
oK is this workable?

Morning take train to inari station, hike through the torii gate over the mountian and end up in tofukuji temple. So i need not to hike down? this half a day?

is there a station near tofukuji where i can take to jr kyoto and maybe to osaka in the for my the other half day?

Thanks
Old 17-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #602
Arch-Supremacy Member

oK is this workable?

Morning take train to inari station, hike through the torii gate over the mountian and end up in tofukuji temple. So i need not to hike down? this half a day?

is there a station near tofukuji where i can take to jr kyoto and maybe to osaka in the for my the other half day?

Thanks
the hike is up and down a small hill. tofukuji temple is at the bottom of the other side.
u can read up on the hike from lonely planet 'hiking in japan' travel guide. just go bookstore read or google for google books can liao

there is a tofukuji station near the temple. u can take train back to kyoto station then to osaka for the rest of the day. or take the train down to Uji as suggested by lillyelf
Old 17-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #603

Anybody got hotels within 8000 range in Tokyo?

I usually stay in service apartments which is cheaper and much better then budget hotels
Old 17-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #604
Master Member

I usually stay in service apartments which is cheaper and much better then budget hotels
You can try Ikebukuro area, more specifically in the upper west region of the station.
Old 17-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #605
Arch-Supremacy Member

I tried to book for this one before:
?????? / HOUSE IKEBUKURO
Old 17-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #606
Supremacy Member

Mine only 4000 for 1 person/6000 for 2 persons
Old 17-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #607

Dimitri care to share which one u stayed at?

Any minimum stay period?
Old 17-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #608

the hike is up and down a small hill. tofukuji temple is at the bottom of the other side.
u can read up on the hike from lonely planet 'hiking in japan' travel guide. just go bookstore read or google for google books can liao

there is a tofukuji station near the temple. u can take train back to kyoto station then to osaka for the rest of the day. or take the train down to Uji as suggested by lillyelf
hi, how long it take to hike from inari station hike via torii gate to reach tofukuji station? As i am traveling with 9 kid , hence a concern to me.

Thanks
Old 17-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #609
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi, how long it take to hike from inari station hike via torii gate to reach tofukuji station? As i am traveling with 9 kid , hence a concern to me.

Thanks
cant really remember liao. according to japan-guide website, it is 2-3hrs.
u can dun hike the entire trail from fushimi inari to tofukuji, just turn back and return to fushimi inari.
Old 17-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #610

cant really remember liao. according to japan-guide website, it is 2-3hrs.
u can dun hike the entire trail from fushimi inari to tofukuji, just turn back and return to fushimi inari.
thanks bro. if i turn back to fushimi, any other places i could go near? i plan is to proceed to osaka for the other half day in the afternoon follow by dinner before i go back to kyoto for the night. or there is places i could visit on the way to osaka?
Old 18-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #611
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks bro. if i turn back to fushimi, any other places i could go near? i plan is to proceed to osaka for the other half day in the afternoon follow by dinner before i go back to kyoto for the night. or there is places i could visit on the way to osaka?
cant think of anything near... all need to take train/bus.

if not just go osaka earlier loh. i think osaka shld be more interesting for ur kid. can visit aquarium, USJ, HEP5 ferris wheel, osaka castle, nissin museum etc
Old 19-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #612
Supremacy Member

Dimitri care to share which one u stayed at?

Any minimum stay period?
TOCHIGIYA HOTEL - Rakuten Travel

No
Old 19-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #613

Hi any one been to Sanzenin Temple at Kyoto? As I google, it take an hour from Kyoto station to reach there. Hence worth to visit? Thks
Old 19-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #614
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does Japanese have a habit of giving tips? Go makan today and they return me 20 yens. Don't know where to take or put it back.
Old 19-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #615
Arch-Supremacy Member

no tipping... it is considered rude
kiatkiat likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.