HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #6166
High Supremacy Member

if you really that shy, next time if u got a chance spend some extra money and book private onsen bath at a ryokan/hotel with such facilities

I totally prefer outdoor onsens after I tried it in Nikko... My next attempt will probably feature riverside onsen
cpuer likes this.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:05 AM   #6167
Arch-Supremacy Member

if you really that shy, next time if u got a chance spend some extra money and book private onsen bath at a ryokan/hotel with such facilities

I totally prefer outdoor onsens after I tried it in Nikko... My next attempt will probably feature riverside onsen
It's that addictive, hehe. Summer or warmer time can go outdoor straight, but during colder times, I must first go to the indoor first then can make it for the outdoor ones.

Looking forward to my Hokkaido onsens

Last edited by cpuer; 09-03-2017 at 11:07 AM..
Old 09-03-2017, 11:10 AM   #6168
Master Member

Dont worry, no one will look at you. Just pay and walk into the changing room, change into your birthday suit , wash up then into the hot baths, so shiok and relaxing. Instead of cheonging all the shopping malls which IMO nothing to shout about , just one visit to sento/onsen will give you a memorable experience of JP.

sento is a good beginners intro of the japanese bathing culture. As they are cheap and accessible. Once you overcome your shyness, you should go to the real onsen, which is normally more expensive and usually in onsen towns or some hard to access hideout.

Maybe next trip then I try. I can't overcome the phobia now

Thanks for recommending

Old 09-03-2017, 11:21 AM   #6169
Arch-Supremacy Member

Maybe next trip then I try. I can't overcome the phobia now

Thanks for recommending
Just do it! Time and tide wait for no man/woman.

My first experience also like you, so kancheong as if this is my first nude public appearance in front of the Tokyo crowd. But once I stepped inside the changing room, before the pools, then I realized it's all my imagination that any men would be interested in my body or stare at my out of shape body parts. No one reacted excitedly when I entered the room, no one side eyed me, nothing happened! One obasan casually sweeping the floor and tidying stuffs while all the naked men leisurely walking around. A few kids teasing one another. One young girl naked and waiting for her dad to undress.

After this one time, the rest is history.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:41 AM   #6170
Master Member

Just do it! Time and tide wait for no man/woman.

My first experience also like you, so kancheong as if this is my first nude public appearance in front of the Tokyo crowd. But once I stepped inside the changing room, before the pools, then I realized it's all my imagination that any men would be interested in my body or stare at my out of shape body parts. No one reacted excitedly when I entered the room, no one side eyed me, nothing happened! One obasan casually sweeping the floor and tidying stuffs while all the naked men leisurely walking around. A few kids teasing one another. One young girl naked and waiting for her dad to undress.

After this one time, the rest is history.
Don't want ba
Maybe wait I'm older like 30+++

Old 09-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #6171
Banned

Generally how is Asics or Mizuno shoes pricing in JP?
I'm going to Osaka and was wondering if it's worth a trip to go to the Asics Outlet there.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #6172
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some hotel gt onsen, some APA hotels hv.
inside all naked, unless u'll gt hard-on seeing same sex naked body… then a bit paiseh…

gt mix sex onsen to recommend…?

Last edited by sevensomerset; 09-03-2017 at 01:04 PM..
Old 09-03-2017, 02:59 PM   #6173
Master Member

Feel like booking a nice machiya in Kyoto but sometimes a bit wasted as most of the time will be exploring outisde. Any good ones to recommend? Read a while ago in ST a few locals bought and renovated a few units there for renting.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:27 PM   #6174
High Supremacy Member

Feel like booking a nice machiya in Kyoto but sometimes a bit wasted as most of the time will be exploring outisde. Any good ones to recommend? Read a while ago in ST a few locals bought and renovated a few units there for renting.
What u need is Ryokan

http://www.insidekyoto.com/2012/01/b...-in-kyoto.html

https://www.tsunagujapan.com/20-best...stay-in-kyoto/
Old 09-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #6175
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have 2 full days in Kyoto. Moving from the following order. Do u all think the order and placement is efficient?

And is there any other place nearby which I can insert in either day? Kamogawa river really not sure where shd I put as it seems quite far from both areas?

Day1
fushimi Inari
Nishiki market
Evening/night
Gion
Pontocho

Day2
Bamboo grove
kinkakuji
Evening/night
Kamogawa river?
Old 09-03-2017, 11:03 PM   #6176

going to Hakone for 4 days 3 nights. will be reaching odawara at about 10am+ and these are my target activities / destinations. which would you advise for each day depending on the distance and time spent for each place?

my hotel is near Gora so taking into account the travel time to each destination, would it be rushing to do two things in a day?

Gotemba Premium Outlet
Lake Kawaguchiko
Yeti Snow Town
Old 10-03-2017, 06:38 AM   #6177

Generally how is Asics or Mizuno shoes pricing in JP?
I'm going to Osaka and was wondering if it's worth a trip to go to the Asics Outlet there.
Currently, I am in Osaka (but will be travelling to Tokyo soon). Generally, I find that ABC mart, asics store and department store are selling Asics shoes slightly cheaper than in singapore e.g latest Kayano 23 for about 15500 yen. It seems to be slightly cheaper than in singapore. However, in their outlet, their shoes are priced at cheaper e.g Nimbus 18, 10100 Yen per pair. Do bear in mind that the design and colour are limited in outlet store.

Last edited by Warlock86; 10-03-2017 at 06:42 AM..
Old 10-03-2017, 07:40 AM   #6178
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have 2 full days in Kyoto. Moving from the following order. Do u all think the order and placement is efficient?

And is there any other place nearby which I can insert in either day? Kamogawa river really not sure where shd I put as it seems quite far from both areas?

Day1
fushimi Inari
Nishiki market
Evening/night
Gion
Pontocho

Day2
Bamboo grove
kinkakuji
Evening/night
Kamogawa river?
Kamogawa river flow along Kyoto from north to south. The most convenient spot for you is to access from Pontocho, they run parallel to each other. Best time is during dusk, nice walkway/footpath along it before you walk back up to Pontocho. Some folks will come down to the river bank as they pass by it between Kawaramachi stn and Gion Shijo Stn. I also did the Demachiyanagi side where the river branches out. You can drop by if you are around there.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:11 AM   #6179
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thinking of changing less cash n use mastercard instead in jap, the rates compared to forex ok? I know definitely lesser but factor in rebate, mayb about the same?
Old 10-03-2017, 08:22 AM   #6180
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thinking of changing less cash n use mastercard instead in jap, the rates compared to forex ok? I know definitely lesser but factor in rebate, mayb about the same?
You can consider using DBS MCA
http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/depos...rency-autosave

The fees are lower than CC, assuming you can lock in a favorable rate and keep that yen in your acct. Today I check against the best rate from cashchanger, MCA is higher than Arcade Hassan & Sons by 0.4%. Not too bad actually.

But the trouble with CC/DC in JP is that they are not so widely used, not in those mom and pop shops, or small eateries. Chain stores would normally accept cards though.

Last edited by cpuer; 10-03-2017 at 08:26 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.