HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2017, 03:21 PM   #6361
Master Member

You will feel weird or embarrassed one lah. Unless they have plenty of seats and no business, probably they wont mind you occupying the seats and show an illusion of crowdedness. But you wont enter this kind of shop in the first place right?

But some may even shout at you if they are really pissed. Anyway, do as the Roman do, if you see lots of local sharing one bowl of ramen, then it should be alright. If none are doing it, then dont. Why not ordering different flavour or type of food? And order the smallest one u can get.
Oh ok.. How about letting your seats in the train for elderly? Are we expected to give up the seat like in Singapore?

Old 28-03-2017, 03:22 PM   #6362
Supremacy Member

Oh ok.. How about letting your seats in the train for elderly? Are we expected to give up the seat like in Singapore?
Same as SG, they have designated seats for old/preggy etc at the ends of each car. So you can sit but give to the people who need it.
Old 28-03-2017, 03:29 PM   #6363
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is good intention to give up your seats for elderly, however in Japan, some elderly doesn't want the seats as they are afraid they will cause you inconvenience or simply causing trouble for others.
Old 28-03-2017, 03:34 PM   #6364
Master Member

Same as SG, they have designated seats for old/preggy etc at the ends of each car. So you can sit but give to the people who need it.
It is good intention to give up your seats for elderly, however in Japan, some elderly doesn't want the seats as they are afraid they will cause you inconvenience or simply causing trouble for others.
Ok! Anyway.. Will 3.5k yen be enough for 11days? This includes food, shopping and 2person 1way trip shinkasen ($340 total).

So I'm left with about 3k to spend and eat. Food wise, normal but not high end like AHSS. For shopping, will be spending more on snacks and not clothing.

Old 28-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #6365
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then if those ramen shops but only order 1 bowl (for 2person) how?
Ichiran (for example) has individual booths for some outlets. The Ichiran I went had mostly individual booths. They will try to allocate your partner to sit next to you, but you are still eating the ramen in your own cubicle. In this kind of situation, I don't think you can share.

We didn't know until we stepped into the restaurant, because it's at the basement. Not that we intend to share - we can finish off one bowl of ramen each easily.
Old 28-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #6366
Master Member

Ichiran (for example) has individual booths for some outlets. The Ichiran I went had mostly individual booths. They will try to allocate your partner to sit next to you, but you are still eating the ramen in your own cubicle. In this kind of situation, I don't think you can share.

We didn't know until we stepped into the restaurant, because it's at the basement. Not that we intend to share - we can finish off one bowl of ramen each easily.
Oh I do know about ichiran's seating. I'll prefer to sit beside my partner cause I can't eat pork and need to pass him..

Old 28-03-2017, 04:03 PM   #6367

kaiseki is like fine dining, so it's like asking will you share food when you go for fine dining for special occasions? plus each dish/serving might be small to share. maybe you can do lunch instead, might be able to find under S$100 for lunch.

those high end ones probably they won't allow cos limited seats and they already purchase/prepare that amount of food already. haha AHSS can answer your question better.

other places should be fine, don't think they are like HK whereby everyone must order 1 item. but read before for tsukiji, they might not like if not everyone orders if the places got limited seats (some ppl don't eat seafood/fish).

ahhh... now I understand better. haha if it is fine dining style, then i won't share.

I happened to come across the term Kaiseki cuisine when researching on Kyoto. and realise it is very expensive and wonder why. didnt know is like Japanese type of fine dining. Those articles only say traditional cuisine. Thanks~

Last edited by [Audrey]; 28-03-2017 at 04:06 PM..
Old 28-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #6368
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh I do know about ichiran's seating. I'll prefer to sit beside my partner cause I can't eat pork and need to pass him..
At Ichiran, you can choose without charsiew one leh, I think.
Old 28-03-2017, 05:13 PM   #6369
Master Member

At Ichiran, you can choose without charsiew one leh, I think.
It's vending machine type of shop right? I mean for other normal ramen restaurants since most only sell pork ramen

Old 29-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #6370
Great Supremacy Member

It's vending machine type of shop right? I mean for other normal ramen restaurants since most only sell pork ramen
same deal actually, u can check the menu and look for those items that do not have chashu.
Old 29-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #6371
Master Member

same deal actually, u can check the menu and look for those items that do not have chashu.
Is it common to have chicken ramen in Japan?

Old 29-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #6372
Great Supremacy Member

Is it common to have chicken ramen in Japan?
chicken, seafood, shoyu

plenty of choices outside of tonkotsu

it will get a bit complicated when u dun eat chashuu. U can ask for a replacement topping imo but dun count on it
Old 29-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #6373
Arch-Supremacy Member

What about pork soup stock? Most likely they would use pig related meat/bones/organs to make their soup stock.
Old 31-03-2017, 05:30 PM   #6374

hi all, is it possible to do half day trips to Nara and Kobe?
I'll be staying in Osaka, is it feasible to travel to Nara in the morning and from Nara to Kobe in the afternoon?
Old 31-03-2017, 06:03 PM   #6375
Supremacy Member

hi all, is it possible to do half day trips to Nara and Kobe?
I'll be staying in Osaka, is it feasible to travel to Nara in the morning and from Nara to Kobe in the afternoon?
anything you must do in Kobe?

not exactly a must visit type of place. and nara to kobe takes 1hr+. or don't group nara and kobe on same day.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.