Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2017, 12:51 PM   #6556
Arch-Supremacy Member

How to declare where I will be staying? I going to airbnb
Old 18-05-2017, 06:41 PM   #6557
Supremacy Member

anyone has any recommendations regarding teppanyaki in japan? any restaurants not so expensive one and oishi one? can be from tokyo or osaka

Old 18-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #6558
Arch-Supremacy Member

How do I send luggage to my second hotel (Tokyo->kyoto)

I going hakone the same day but I send luggage thru yamato?
Old 18-05-2017, 09:32 PM   #6559
Master Member

any recommendations for hotel early bookings (about 10-11months before departure)?

the ones i stayed for my previous trip was kinda of last min and not many choices left.

im looking at decent size for 3 ppl in a room for shibuya/shinsaibashi and sapporo

prefer those walking distance from mrt!
Old 18-05-2017, 10:13 PM   #6560
High Supremacy Member

I remember they have number locks for certain shinkansen luggage racks. I didnt use it myself, but i saw others make use of them.
Shinkansen no special luggage compartment one.

Either put in front of leg in your seat. Or on top at the overhead compartment or can choose last seat in the cabin, last seat behind got space for luggage but then you can recline
Old 18-05-2017, 10:15 PM   #6561
High Supremacy Member

How do I send luggage to my second hotel (Tokyo->kyoto)

I going hakone the same day but I send luggage thru yamato?
Most hotel use this
http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/

In your room, they sure have one slip of paper pink color one
write your name, address to send to.

go to front desk and pass them, they will send for you.
But normally is next day delivery one

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/tourist/hotel/
Old 18-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #6562
High Supremacy Member

any recommendations for hotel early bookings (about 10-11months before departure)?

the ones i stayed for my previous trip was kinda of last min and not many choices left.

im looking at decent size for 3 ppl in a room for shibuya/shinsaibashi and sapporo

Too early. Most Japanese hotels don't open that early.
You can use tripadvisors or Agoda to search for suitable one.
Old 18-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #6563
High Supremacy Member

anyone has any recommendations regarding teppanyaki in japan? any restaurants not so expensive one and oishi one? can be from tokyo or osaka
https://tabelog.com/tokyo/rstLst/RC0...=D&sort_mode=1

Use tabelog, sort by rating for teppanyaki.
Old 18-05-2017, 11:46 PM   #6564
Master Member

Thanks! will try searching thru Japanican, Jalan.net .... so many options!!
So long as you hit ¥10,800 in Uniqlo store, you could claim tax refund. They are also made in China and other developing countries. Just that Uniqlo would probably launch certain lines in Japan first.

As for those half-board plans, such accommodation is easily found under ryokan or hotels located in onsen towns. Can try Japanican, Jalan.net and others. Some charge room only, room + breakfast, room + dinner + breakfast.
Old 19-05-2017, 05:44 AM   #6565
Supremacy Member

https://tabelog.com/tokyo/rstLst/RC0...=D&sort_mode=1

Use tabelog, sort by rating for teppanyaki.
thanks man

Old 19-05-2017, 10:56 AM   #6566
Arch-Supremacy Member

Its way too early. Most hotels release their date only 3-6months prior. Some do release about 9months prior, but only on their Japanese hotel site (it will show not available on EN site, but if you switch to their Japanese language, it will show the rooms available, but can't book coz it's difficult to navigate the Japanese booking page).

I'd suggest to wait a bit.. Or if you have shortlisted a few hotels already, go to their website to check how long before they release their rooms. For example, now is May. You go through their availability calendar and see when is the latest month on their calendar where they show prices on it. When I checked for Ueno hotels last week, some hotels have prices for October (so it means they will wait till June to release November rooms), some have till November, etc. So do some maths and take note of when the various hotels are releasing the rooms and check again when the time comes.

A lot of work, but that kinda guarantees you a room in the hotel you want.
Old 19-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #6567

does june or july rains all the time? air tickets and hotel seem much cheaper..
Old 19-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #6568
Master Member

Its way too early. Most hotels release their date only 3-6months prior. Some do release about 9months prior, but only on their Japanese hotel site (it will show not available on EN site, but if you switch to their Japanese language, it will show the rooms available, but can't book coz it's difficult to navigate the Japanese booking page).

I'd suggest to wait a bit.. Or if you have shortlisted a few hotels already, go to their website to check how long before they release their rooms. For example, now is May. You go through their availability calendar and see when is the latest month on their calendar where they show prices on it. When I checked for Ueno hotels last week, some hotels have prices for October (so it means they will wait till June to release November rooms), some have till November, etc. So do some maths and take note of when the various hotels are releasing the rooms and check again when the time comes.

A lot of work, but that kinda guarantees you a room in the hotel you want.
Wah but 3ppl in a room means not alpy hotels can provide since most are 1/2 ppl type only.

Then how about flight tickets? I'm still in dilemma whether to fly in hnd or cts first.. Most airlines like scoot won't release their tickets price so earlier, if buy 1way ticket and travel via non budget like too pricey @.@

Old 19-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #6569
High Supremacy Member

does june or july rains all the time? air tickets and hotel seem much cheaper..
drizzles quite often, can be quite sunny is certain prefectures also

the passing showers in Japan can be quite intense also
Old 19-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #6570
Master Member

Also, is it easy to diy sapporo/otaru/laketoya etc for first timer that don't drive?

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.