HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2017, 03:35 PM   #6571
Supremacy Member

Also, is it easy to diy sapporo/otaru/laketoya etc for first timer that don't drive?
All of these locations are linked by trains, so no issue. For Toya, Noboribetsu etc, you can just take a short bus (around 15 minutes) from the train stations to the places of interest.
Old 19-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #6572
Master Member

All of these locations are linked by trains, so no issue. For Toya, Noboribetsu etc, you can just take a short bus (around 15 minutes) from the train stations to the places of interest.
Is it? So there's no need to change hotel everyday right? Means I can stay in sapporo then do day trips to other places?

Old 19-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #6573
Supremacy Member

Is it? So there's no need to change hotel everyday right? Means I can stay in sapporo then do day trips to other places?
Correct.
Sap to Otaru is about 40mins by train.
Otaru can be explored on foot (parking is expensive).

Toya/Noboribetsu area better to have a car (2hrs drive from Sapporo) given the wide area to explore if not staying there. Day trip using public transport also possible.
Old 19-05-2017, 06:28 PM   #6574
Master Member

Correct.
Sap to Otaru is about 40mins by train.
Otaru can be explored on foot (parking is expensive).

Toya/Noboribetsu area better to have a car (2hrs drive from Sapporo) given the wide area to explore if not staying there. Day trip using public transport also possible.
Wah but this also means I'll be wasting a lot time going back and forth... I don't see many sample itineraries in the sticky thread leh... So much harder to plan compared to usual tyo/osa/kyo

Old 19-05-2017, 11:13 PM   #6575

Wah but 3ppl in a room means not alpy hotels can provide since most are 1/2 ppl type only.

Then how about flight tickets? I'm still in dilemma whether to fly in hnd or cts first.. Most airlines like scoot won't release their tickets price so earlier, if buy 1way ticket and travel via non budget like too pricey @.@
I would say about 6mths ahead can start to look and lock nonlater than 4mths ahead. Sometimes you also have to balance with what hotels you can book and prices, so it's not about the cheapest ticket but must be paired with the hotel availability and pricing.

Indeed for 3pp in a room you have to book early or even contact hotel directly. Even for big hotels they have very very few 3pp rooms. But you should just check how much woul twin and single room hotel rates come up to, sometimes the price difference is reallynot much.
Old 20-05-2017, 12:07 AM   #6576
Master Member

I would say about 6mths ahead can start to look and lock nonlater than 4mths ahead. Sometimes you also have to balance with what hotels you can book and prices, so it's not about the cheapest ticket but must be paired with the hotel availability and pricing.

Indeed for 3pp in a room you have to book early or even contact hotel directly. Even for big hotels they have very very few 3pp rooms. But you should just check how much woul twin and single room hotel rates come up to, sometimes the price difference is reallynot much.
thanks for the info!
which will be a better option in terms of route?

1) SIN>HND>OSA(SHINKASEN)+KYOTO>CTS
2) SIN>CTS>HND>OSA(SHINKASEN)+KYOTO
Old 20-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #6577
Arch-Supremacy Member

otaru can be a day trip from sapporo

lake toya and noboribetsu a bit too far, will better to stay there, especially since they are onsen towns. or u can stay lake toya a night, then visit noboribetsu on the way back to sapporo. a bit more rush though, so if u have the time, it is best to stay a night each at those place
Old 20-05-2017, 08:36 AM   #6578
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks for the info!
which will be a better option in terms of route?

1) SIN>HND>OSA(SHINKASEN)+KYOTO>CTS
2) SIN>CTS>HND>OSA(SHINKASEN)+KYOTO
are u landing and departing from HND? which airline?

Last edited by evilerniex; 20-05-2017 at 08:39 AM..
Old 20-05-2017, 08:53 AM   #6579
Supremacy Member

... I don't see many sample itineraries in the sticky thread leh... So much harder to plan compared to usual tyo/osa/kyo

check out Bumblebeemum's blog to get some ideas. it will help
Old 20-05-2017, 09:46 AM   #6580
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah but 3ppl in a room means not alpy hotels can provide since most are 1/2 ppl type only.

Then how about flight tickets? I'm still in dilemma whether to fly in hnd or cts first.. Most airlines like scoot won't release their tickets price so earlier, if buy 1way ticket and travel via non budget like too pricey @.@
Its not one way ticket... You can choose multicities to fly in to CTS and out from HND, for example.

JAL offers one free stopover within Japan, so you can tinker around with the booking form to see how is it best to arrange your itinerary.

But to be honest it's a lot of travelling to do. I wanted to incorporate hokkaido into my next trip to Japan too, but I've already planned Tokyo and Kyoto, and it really doesn't make sense for me to spend so many hours to and fro on the shinkansen (or spend extra money on domestic flights), just for a couple of days in hokkaido which I won't be able to explore much. So I'm gonna give hokkaido a miss till next time.

If you have a lot of days to spend in each city, then do it. If not, try not to squeeze too many cities into your trip and spend too much time traveling...
Old 20-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #6581
Master Member

otaru can be a day trip from sapporo

lake toya and noboribetsu a bit too far, will better to stay there, especially since they are onsen towns. or u can stay lake toya a night, then visit noboribetsu on the way back to sapporo. a bit more rush though, so if u have the time, it is best to stay a night each at those place
ok will go research more first!!

are u landing and departing from HND? which airline?
actually im planning to take scoot to NRT airport (1way), unless got cheaper airlines to land in HND.

cause i'll be flying off to korea after the japan trip, so either KIX>ICN>SG or CTS>ICN>SG.
Old 20-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #6582
Master Member

check out Bumblebeemum's blog to get some ideas. it will help
thanks!! will kop some iti there
Old 20-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #6583
Master Member

Its not one way ticket... You can choose multicities to fly in to CTS and out from HND, for example.

JAL offers one free stopover within Japan, so you can tinker around with the booking form to see how is it best to arrange your itinerary.

But to be honest it's a lot of travelling to do. I wanted to incorporate hokkaido into my next trip to Japan too, but I've already planned Tokyo and Kyoto, and it really doesn't make sense for me to spend so many hours to and fro on the shinkansen (or spend extra money on domestic flights), just for a couple of days in hokkaido which I won't be able to explore much. So I'm gonna give hokkaido a miss till next time.

If you have a lot of days to spend in each city, then do it. If not, try not to squeeze too many cities into your trip and spend too much time traveling...
what do u mean by free 1stopover? i didnt know about it
im planning for a 3 weeks trip.. about 4 days tokyo, 2 days osaka, 1kyoto/hakote and maybe 7-9days hokkaido.
Old 20-05-2017, 08:43 PM   #6584
Arch-Supremacy Member

what do u mean by free 1stopover? i didnt know about it
im planning for a 3 weeks trip.. about 4 days tokyo, 2 days osaka, 1kyoto/hakote and maybe 7-9days hokkaido.
very rush, and quite costly to travel to so many places. i suggest dropping kansai or tokyo
Old 20-05-2017, 08:45 PM   #6585
Supremacy Member

those japanese massage usually done by male or female massager? me talking about clean one

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.