HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2017, 05:50 AM   #6646

Not so scenie?
I thought cherry blossoms is one of the thing why ppl visit during this period?

Cherry blossoms is nice to see close up in the park when they group the trees together.....
Thus city park in tokyo or kyoto or near riverbanks... They hv very nice view of cherry blossom..

Hokkaido most hillside trees are pine trees or maple trees etc...
That's y during autumn or winter, from far the view is very scenic....
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 27-05-2017, 06:32 PM   #6647

Is there a reason why need to fly in osaka ?

If u getting JR. pass, y not fly in Nagoya red eye flight, will be much cheaper in air fare.
Plus u got few option to travel to takayama, kaga onsen, Kanazawa etc... Then u don't have to spend so many days in kyoto...
Hmm habit I guess? Always flown into Osaka then exit via Toyko.

I want to spend some time in Kyoto instead of rushing around which is what I have done on 4 day trips spread over 3 visits. Will be a nice change not to be there during the height of sakura season but also at a loss what to do outside of sakura season lol

This trip slightly different since I am bringing my mum and she has never been to Kyoto.

Not getting the JR pass cos only taking shinkasen one way from Osaka to Tokyo.

~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by laeticia; 27-05-2017 at 06:44 PM..
Old 27-05-2017, 09:18 PM   #6648
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hmm habit I guess? Always flown into Osaka then exit via Toyko.

I want to spend some time in Kyoto instead of rushing around which is what I have done on 4 day trips spread over 3 visits. Will be a nice change not to be there during the height of sakura season but also at a loss what to do outside of sakura season lol

This trip slightly different since I am bringing my mum and she has never been to Kyoto.

Not getting the JR pass cos only taking shinkasen one way from Osaka to Tokyo.
5 days in Kyoto for me weren't even enough last year, and I went in Dec where there's no sakura (saw two fully bloomed sakura trees in kokedera though) or koyo. There's so many things to see, temples to visit (we weren't a fan of temples, but we paid for the admission to ogle at their gardens) and all the shrine/Temple grounds are all very beautiful even though there's no fall colours.

We took it slow and easy though, we didn't rush through anything and thus next yr we are going back to Kyoto again to visit those that we've left out in our last trip (like Fushimi inari, ryoanji, etc).
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 28-05-2017, 06:33 AM   #6649

Hi everyone, some questions here..
So while I was looking around for Ryokans (first timer here), or specifically places that have private open air bath, using selected-ryokan.com, when I tried to check for its rooms/prices, I realized that the result given, most does not catered for solo, and it requires for at least 2 adults.

Without taking into the factor of the prices or not, and say if I am travelling alone, does such ryokans usually only provides the private open air baths for a minimum of 2 people whom are staying? Are there no such rooms for a single person?

Additionally, if I manage to find one and book it, the site mentions of free shuttle service but reservation is required - what does this means? I have to call in and ask them to pick me up or something when I arrive at a certain spot?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 28-05-2017, 01:00 PM   #6650

So while I was looking around for Ryokans (first timer here), or specifically places that have private open air bath, using selected-ryokan.com, when I tried to check for its rooms/prices, I realized that the result given, most does not catered for solo, and it requires for at least 2 adults.

Without taking into the factor of the prices or not, and say if I am travelling alone, does such ryokans usually only provides the private open air baths for a minimum of 2 people whom are staying? Are there no such rooms for a single person?

Additionally, if I manage to find one and book it, the site mentions of free shuttle service but reservation is required - what does this means? I have to call in and ask them to pick me up or something when I arrive at a certain spot?
Generally for those ryokan that do accommodate for single travelers, its more costly (at least 1.5 times more). Yes, it's not that common, but still possible to find one.

Yes, either write in to the email address to make seat reservation (usually a microbus) or call them directly. The home page usually would specify the pickup from the station nearest to the ryokan.

You can try to search through Japanican, Rakuten Travel, Jalan.net. They would have more selections on ryokan.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 28-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #6651
High Supremacy Member

Some ryokan will charge you full rates for the room (2 pax rate) even if you are 1 pax staying
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 29-05-2017, 07:06 AM   #6652

Need some advice on where to stay in hakodate. Anyone can recommend from previous stay? Thanks in advance! Four points by Sheraton seems good but Alittle costly.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 29-05-2017, 01:01 PM   #6653
Master Member

Just to ask... If staying airbnb for Tokyo, despite many good reviews, will there also be a chance for them to last minute cancel our booking?

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 29-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #6654
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to ask... If staying airbnb for Tokyo, despite many good reviews, will there also be a chance for them to last minute cancel our booking?
Got one brother got his cancel 7 days before trip.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 29-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #6655
Master Member

Got one brother got his cancel 7 days before trip.
Yes I saw... But really hard to find hotels for 4 ppl :/

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 29-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #6656
Supremacy Member

Risk is always there, especially now the local government is clamping down on airbnb rentals.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 29-05-2017, 02:55 PM   #6657
High Supremacy Member

Need some advice on where to stay in hakodate. Anyone can recommend from previous stay? Thanks in advance! Four points by Sheraton seems good but Alittle costly.
I also staying there in Nov. I got from Agoda around $100 per night.
Deluxe Single Non smoking room. around 18 sqm.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 29-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #6658
Arch-Supremacy Member

Smile Hotel Hakodate, 70 bucks total I paid for two pax.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 30-05-2017, 08:50 AM   #6659
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes I saw... But really hard to find hotels for 4 ppl :/
4 ppl shld be easy mah.. 2 rooms loh
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 30-05-2017, 04:32 PM   #6660
Arch-Supremacy Member

any motorbike rentals to get in tokyo area/near the airports?

the site i saw was for all those touring bikes/above 600cc bikes.

i just want something relaxing to roam ard tokyo.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
[CENTER][SIZE=4] [COLOR=Red]Selling[/COLOR][/SIZE][LIST][*][SIZE=4][COLOR=RoyalBlue][URL="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2925314"]Selling Brand New Nokia
[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/LIST][LIST][*][SIZE=4][COLOR=RoyalBlue][URL="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2948470"]Selling Brand New Sony Ericsson[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/LIST][LIST][*][SIZE=4][COLOR=RoyalBlue][URL="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2948481"]Selling Brand New Samsung
[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][*][SIZE=4][COLOR=RoyalBlue][URL="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?p=56771337"]Selling Brand New BlackBerry[/URL][URL="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2948481"]
[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/LIST][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.