HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #661
Arch-Supremacy Member

Great thanks for sharing. Now that I think about it, I'm planning to propose to my gf during our tokyo trip.

Initially thought of doing it when we come back to sg but find proposing in japan is better. Only problem is carrying the ring around is tricky...

Any good location for proposal? Not in street center please lol. Maybe somewhere romantic and scenic.
Definitely at or around Tokyo Tower and make it in the evening at the park or at nearby eatery or restaurant. The lighted tower is a unforgetable sight for proposal.

Good luck.
Old 29-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #662
Arch-Supremacy Member

Great thanks for sharing. Now that I think about it, I'm planning to propose to my gf during our tokyo trip.

Initially thought of doing it when we come back to sg but find proposing in japan is better. Only problem is carrying the ring around is tricky...

Any good location for proposal? Not in street center please lol. Maybe somewhere romantic and scenic.
Wow, good for you bro. yes, do it at the foot of Tokyo Tower (i think it looks more romantic than the ultra high tech look of Skytree)or if you an garner some local support to do a mini flash mob for you

Not sure inside the Tower viewing deck the staff allow this kind of impromptu arrangement. Anyway, good luck!
Old 29-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #663
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow, good for you bro. yes, do it at the foot of Tokyo Tower (i think it looks more romantic than the ultra high tech look of Skytree)or if you an garner some local support to do a mini flash mob for you

Not sure inside the Tower viewing deck the staff allow this kind of impromptu arrangement. Anyway, good luck!
Forget Skytree; the Tokyo Tower is the best location for proposal, especially when sun is down.

There is a park near the tower where a lot of movies and TV romantic love series are filmed there. That location is spot on.

If you are going there in Autumn or Winter season, if weather is wet or too cold, you can plan the proposal at any of the restaurants in FootTown.

You can wait for the Diamond Veil comes on from 8pm to 10pm on Friday and Saturday. The colors change depending on the season and events held here. Diamond Veil has a total of 17 layers and each of them has a function to change in seven colors. The lights in each layer sparkle like multicolor jewels.

From 3/11 to 25/12, there is Christmas Illumination in front of the main entrance.

Unforgetable!

Last edited by albertchng; 29-10-2013 at 08:59 AM..
Old 29-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #664

Need to head to Kobe end nov for a business mtg.

Firstly, believe there is no direct flt from SG to Kobe..

So what is the rec way to get there?

Fly into Osaka and bus/ train from airport to Kobe?

or

Fly to Tokyo and train to Kobe?

or is there a better alternative?

Also roughly how much ar? for traveling ?

Haven't cfm my meeting schedule... but most likely be as followed :

1st days in Kobe

2nd day might nd to head to Osaka for another mtg ( Don't ask me y I don't put Osaka 1st, as per customer request, always nd to head to Kobe for mtg 1st.. b4 they decide whether we nd to head up to Osaka. )

if not required to head to Osaka, will most probably travel to Tokyo on 2nd day..

3rd day onward will be mtg and apartment viewing in Tokyo for 3 days..

rather familiar with Tokyo... just more concern on the Kobe Osaka part and est. traveling time?
Old 29-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #665
High Supremacy Member

another idea would be to do it on the Hakone pirate ship...

OR

you can try the Odaiba area overlooking the rainbow bridge... u can also opt to take a ride on the ferris wheel and pop the question when you are up there.

public moment VS private moment
Old 29-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #666
Arch-Supremacy Member

Forget Skytree; the Tokyo Tower is the best location for proposal, especially when sun is down.

There is a park near the tower where a lot of movies and TV romantic love series are filmed there. That location is spot on.

If you are going there in Autumn or Winter season, if weather is wet or too cold, you can plan the proposal at any of the restaurants in FootTown.

You can wait for the Diamond Veil comes on from 8pm to 10pm on Friday and Saturday. The colors change depending on the season and events held here. Diamond Veil has a total of 17 layers and each of them has a function to change in seven colors. The lights in each layer sparkle like multicolor jewels.

From 3/11 to 25/12, there is Christmas Illumination in front of the main entrance.

Unforgetable!
hehe, my timing is perfect for all these goodies!
"Dec 14 (Sat) Tokyo city tour. Southern Tokyo: Sengakuji(47Ronin Festival)->Zojoji Temple->Tokyo Tower->Odaiba->Roppongi "
Old 29-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #667
Arch-Supremacy Member

another idea would be to do it on the Hakone pirate ship...

OR

you can try the Odaiba area overlooking the rainbow bridge... u can also opt to take a ride on the ferris wheel and pop the question when you are up there.

public moment VS private moment
Privacy wise, ferris wheel cabins are great
Old 29-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #668
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry forgot to add the trip on 18-25 January 2014
Mid January is very cold (average temperature is -7 degree C) in Hokkaido; worry your old folks cannot take it. Old people if too cold can easily fall asleep, then heart rate can slow down to a stop.

Either you or your wife must able to speak Japanese well in case of emergency, need to call for service. Must enable auto roaming of your Singapore mobile phone in Japan, some parts of Hokkaido blocked by mountain cannot get signal.

And do you have experience driving in snow/ice covered road?
Old 29-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #669
Arch-Supremacy Member

I remembered there is one year i was in Hokkaido in February, that night was snowing quite heavily, the clock tower outside the hotel got display the temperature and it was showing -18 degree C.

My wife looks like a bah chang as she is very afraid of the cold. I'm in my full windproof and waterproof multiple layers winter wear, even my socks also multiple layers.

Sipping hot sake in the cold weather is really very shiok.
Old 29-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #670
Arch-Supremacy Member

how about staying in a ryokan in hakone or kawaguchi, with private onsen in the room? relax in the onsen while sipping hot sake and enjoying the view of mt fuji
Old 29-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #671
Arch-Supremacy Member

or

Fly to Tokyo and train to Kobe?

or is there a better alternative?

Also roughly how much ar? for traveling ?

Haven't cfm my meeting schedule... but most likely be as followed :

1st days in Kobe

2nd day might nd to head to Osaka for another mtg ( Don't ask me y I don't put Osaka 1st, as per customer request, always nd to head to Kobe for mtg 1st.. b4 they decide whether we nd to head up to Osaka. )

if not required to head to Osaka, will most probably travel to Tokyo on 2nd day..

3rd day onward will be mtg and apartment viewing in Tokyo for 3 days..

rather familiar with Tokyo... just more concern on the Kobe Osaka part and est. traveling time?
osaka is much nearer to kobe so it will be better to fly into kansai airport. but since u are travelling to tokyo after that, u will need to get open-jaw tickets to fly into kansai and out from narita/haneda

for travelling time, u can check hyperdia
Hyperdia | Timetable and Route Search in Japan.
Old 29-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #672

There is a ferry link between Kansai Airport and Kobe

KOBE-KANSAI AIRPORT BAY SHUTTLE - 31Minute Ferry Trip

Not sure how expensive compare to train ride but the Airport express from Kansai Airport to Osaka alone is 30-50 mins
Old 29-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #673
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys.

I going to japan this dec for about 3 days.... can intro me some hotel in tokyo and where is nice to visit within tokyo can liao?
Old 29-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #674
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys.

I going to japan this dec for about 3 days.... can intro me some hotel in tokyo and where is nice to visit within tokyo can liao?
Just pick & choose what you prefer:
Tokyo Travel: Suggested Itineraries and Side Trips
Old 29-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #675

There is a ferry link between Kansai Airport and Kobe

KOBE-KANSAI AIRPORT BAY SHUTTLE - 31Minute Ferry Trip

Not sure how expensive compare to train ride but the Airport express from Kansai Airport to Osaka alone is 30-50 mins

Thks!

any idea how long the bus ride from kansai airport to the port.

and from kobe port to sannomiya??/

Went tot he website link u gave.. couldn't find info for those?

Also, luggage allow? any size limitation?

going w 28" luggage.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.