HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #6811
Master Member

Hello folks, wanna ask if 1hr+ sufficient to transit within haneda? I seeing domestic to international mentioned no need collect luggage on ana
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/sg/e/asw_c...n/checkin.html

But under haneda website need wor
http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/dept/dms_int.html
1hr quite tight, but not impossible.
The moment u get out of arrivals at HND, just turn right to check in for domestic.

Unless u need to get JR pass at HND, then it's an entirely different story....
Old 08-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #6812

Osaka-Tokyo-Osaka

Hi, I'm planning a 10 day trip to Osaka end nov. Hubby would like to go to Tokyo's one piece tower so I am deliberating between paying more for open jaw tix or just go for a side trip from Osaka.

Any views?

Our first time to Osaka.

Thanks in advance!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:30 PM   #6813
Greater Supremacy Member

Hi, I'm planning a 10 day trip to Osaka end nov. Hubby would like to go to Tokyo's one piece tower so I am deliberating between paying more for open jaw tix or just go for a side trip from Osaka.

Any views?

Our first time to Osaka.

Thanks in advance!
How much more for arriving at KIX and departing from HND??

Add this one way shinkansen ticket into the calculation.. Hikari from Shin-Osaka to Tokyo -> 14,140 per pax.

Day trip from Osaka?? If not getting JRP(Which is around S$350/pax or more depending on exchange rate for 7D pass) then u would need to pay like at least 28,280/pax for Hikari return ticket to Tokyo and back..And 3hr journey per leg so 6hrs on the train just for a day trip.

So it is much better to arrive KIX and leave by HND if you need to go Tokyo..

my noob advice...
bluebellas and ~Dragonite~ like this.

Last edited by Gixxerfied; 08-07-2017 at 09:55 PM..
Old 08-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #6814
Master Member

I'm planning a 15-day trip with a flight in to Kix and departure via Nrt.
Basically covering Osaka, Kyoto and nearby areas, then taking shinkansen to Tokyo. Was trying to figure out the cost effectiveness of buying JR pass; with the pass would likely venture further afield but probably rushed.
So I came across this discount fare between Shin Osaka / Kyoto to Tokyo by Platt Kodomo :
http://www.jrtours.co.jp/kodama/en/
apparently one can also buy from stations at Shin-Osaka/Kyoto :
http://jprail.com/travel-information...hinkansen.html
but must buy one day before travel and journey's 1 hr to 1-1/2 hr longer but you get to save $46-50 (would save quite a bit for family group)
bluebellas and ~Dragonite~ like this.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:11 AM   #6815

How expensive is it to ship packages home from Japan? Is it as cheap as Korea? My friend tells me she go Lotte Supermarket and just ship her buys to Singapore not expensive no need to carry around. Wondering what kind of charges it would be for Japan. I have so little luggage allowance and so many things to hoot
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:42 AM   #6816

How expensive is it to ship packages home from Japan? Is it as cheap as Korea? My friend tells me she go Lotte Supermarket and just ship her buys to Singapore not expensive no need to carry around. Wondering what kind of charges it would be for Japan. I have so little luggage allowance and so many things to hoot
You can refer to Japan Post website for rates. This is the rate schedule for shipping to Singapore

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #6817

I'm asking more if there are special rates or deals that one can find, or people's personal experiences on what options worked best for them. I know and looked up Japan Post already.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #6818

Oh my friend who goes to Japan quite regularly rec me to just use Japan Post since the rates are quite reasonable to send 1 box of stuff.

Personally I max out my luggage entitlement. Next trip planning to take airport limousine instead of NEX so I don't need to drag all my stuff.

~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by laeticia; 09-07-2017 at 12:41 PM..
Old 09-07-2017, 01:38 PM   #6819
High Supremacy Member

Yeah Japan Post is very good. and fast as well

I brought my tea from Kyoto online and they always use Japan post to ship to Singapore.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:10 PM   #6820
Arch-Supremacy Member

now go JAPAN (tokyo) very hot? cos last minute going next week-end ... pls advise! tia!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #6821
Supremacy Member

now go JAPAN (tokyo) very hot? cos last minute going next week-end ... pls advise! tia!
http://www.accuweather.com/en/jp/tok...orecast/226396
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #6822
Arch-Supremacy Member

yap, i saw.. but just wana get first hand xp from folks there
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #6823
Supremacy Member

yap, i saw.. but just wana get first hand xp from folks there
I have not tried July weather but I've been in June and it was hot and sunny during the day whereas at night, it can be quite cool and breezy. July should be warmer with more rain. In short, SG-like weather.
nomoreliaola and ~Dragonite~ like this.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:53 PM   #6824

I have not tried July weather but I've been in June and it was hot and sunny during the day whereas at night, it can be quite cool and breezy. July should be warmer with more rain. In short, SG-like weather.
Been there in end July (one week) and August (first two weeks) some years back. Zero rain. Everyday was around 30-37. One day in Disneyland got us totally roasted. Just need to be prepared for hot weather and an umbrella (for rain and shine).

Rain comes only if there's a passing typhoon.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #6825
Supremacy Member

It is hot and the train stations most no aircond. So bring a handkerchief. Summer can go check out the summer matsuris and firework festivals.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.