HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #676

Thks!

any idea how long the bus ride from kansai airport to the port.

and from kobe port to sannomiya??/

Went tot he website link u gave.. couldn't find info for those?

Also, luggage allow? any size limitation?

going w 28" luggage.
I didn't take the boat myself but there is a flash animation guide when you click on the left banner for step by step guide.

KOBE-KANSAI AIRPORT BAY SHUTTLE

Shuttle seems to be free. There seems to be a lot of space on the boat for luggage from the picture. 1800 for the whole trip to
Sannomiya.
Old 29-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #677

Thks!

any idea how long the bus ride from kansai airport to the port.

and from kobe port to sannomiya??/

Went tot he website link u gave.. couldn't find info for those?

Also, luggage allow? any size limitation?

going w 28" luggage.
I'd recommend taking the airport limo bus instead of the ferry, just to avoid all the extra hassle. The airport bus picks you up directly from the terminal and drops you off in Sannomiya, the town area.

kobe sannomiya
Old 29-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #678
High Supremacy Member

Dear Japan Experts,

It is my 4th trip to Japan.
I have purchased one way ticket to Narita. The group of us consist of myself, wife and 2 60yr old parents. 18-25 January 2014. Arrive at Narita 10.40am on 18th Saturday.

Toying the idea of going Hokkaido via internal domestic flight. Will it be too cold? Can we not rent a car to drive and still visit the more common touristy area via public transport for our short 6-7 days visit?

Wife and I hope to avoid returning to same places we have visited previously such as Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and couple other central towns although the parents have not been there before.

Any suggestions welcomed. Many thanks!
Mid January is very cold (average temperature is -7 degree C) in Hokkaido; worry your old folks cannot take it. Old people if too cold can easily fall asleep, then heart rate can slow down to a stop.

Either you or your wife must able to speak Japanese well in case of emergency, need to call for service. Must enable auto roaming of your Singapore mobile phone in Japan, some parts of Hokkaido blocked by mountain cannot get signal.

And do you have experience driving in snow/ice covered road?
sounds serious.. we shall skip Hokkaido this time

We covered quite alot to the west of Tokyo over the past 3 trips. Except Kyushu.. Anywhere North of Tokyo to recommend?
Old 30-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #679

Wow, good for you bro. yes, do it at the foot of Tokyo Tower (i think it looks more romantic than the ultra high tech look of Skytree)or if you an garner some local support to do a mini flash mob for you

Not sure inside the Tower viewing deck the staff allow this kind of impromptu arrangement. Anyway, good luck!
Thanks all for the feedback! You guys are awesome. Is the tokyo tower crowded during the night?

I'll probably pick a quiet spot like a park nearby to pop the question.
I'm abit shy when it comes to proposing near crowded area.

She also mention on visiting the tower so I might do it up there as well, depend on the mood.

I'll research on some of the place you guys mention.

Would the girl think it's boring if I pop the question at a romantic spot or should I come up with some creative way?

Last edited by xcelon; 30-10-2013 at 01:29 AM..
Old 30-10-2013, 02:22 AM   #680

First trip to Japan. Going for 6 nights during march 2014. How would the weather be like? Should I spend all my 6 nights in Tokyo? Or should I venture out of Tokyo?

Any advises? Thanks.
Old 30-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #681
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks all for the feedback! You guys are awesome. Is the tokyo tower crowded during the night?

I'll probably pick a quiet spot like a park nearby to pop the question.
I'm abit shy when it comes to proposing near crowded area.

She also mention on visiting the tower so I might do it up there as well, depend on the mood.

I'll research on some of the place you guys mention.

Would the girl think it's boring if I pop the question at a romantic spot or should I come up with some creative way?
Not sure how much those Neon/LED boards cost how much to flash "will you marry me?".

Cheapo way could be asking some random strangers or fellow tourists to hold up a placard or banner for you suddenly in front of your gf etc. then you kneel and make the request

But you your should know if your gf is those shy type or bold and outgoing type. So you match her style with your proposal. Anyway, let your imagination run wild and again, good luck.
Old 30-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #682

I will be heading to Tokyo this weekend. is there any ttrain ticket pass similar to the kansai thru pass which offers train rides for 5 days in the major city areas?
Old 30-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #683
High Supremacy Member

just Tokyo city??

Tokyo Metro | For Customers from Abroad

u can consider the airport express + metro pass combo. it is 2 days though. Get a suica card
Old 30-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #684
Arch-Supremacy Member

First trip to Japan. Going for 6 nights during march 2014. How would the weather be like? Should I spend all my 6 nights in Tokyo? Or should I venture out of Tokyo?

Any advises? Thanks.
weather is likely to be cool/cold... weather nowaday very unpredictable, so better to check weather forecast closer to the trip

6 days is ok for tokyo...comfortable pace, can slowly enjoy the places without rushing from point to point
u can always do day trips to places like yokohama or kamakura if u have free days
Old 30-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #685
Arch-Supremacy Member

We covered quite alot to the west of Tokyo over the past 3 trips. Except Kyushu.. Anywhere North of Tokyo to recommend?
north of tokyo is.... FUKUSHIMA

have u visited any places in the Tohoku region? lots of natural scenaries there. u can consider Sendai if u are not concern with it approximaty to fukushima.
directly north of tokyo is Ibaraki. i will be going there in next month. will update u on ibaraki when i am back (if i survive the radiation )
Old 30-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #686
Arch-Supremacy Member

Saw the jnto intro on tochigi(nikko is in this prefecture). Seems like a very interesting place for north of tokyo visit.
Old 30-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #687
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dont play play in Hokkaido during winter. Some places along the roadside, the snow is 1m deep, imagine your car roll over it and get stuck, all come down to push. Then you try to use your mobile phone and found no signal, you have to walk 15 km to get to the nearest stop in freezing temperature of -5 degree C. And it is slippery to walk on hard snow or ice, old folks very easily fall, blue-black swollen is still okay, worry trigger heart attack or stroke if health not so good.

If you really want to enjoy Hokkaido, can go during the summer, 15-22 degree C... very enjoyable.

I visit Japan only go one place - Tokyo for foods and shoppings. Generally not a sightseeing guy.
Old 30-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #688
Arch-Supremacy Member

have u visited any places in the Tohoku region? lots of natural scenaries there. u can consider Sendai if u are not concern with it approximaty to fukushima.
directly north of tokyo is Ibaraki. i will be going there in next month. will update u on ibaraki when i am back (if i survive the radiation )
Dont go within 100km in diameter of Fukushima, although the safety distance is 80km (friendly warning from an US friend working in the power industry).
Old 30-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #689
High Supremacy Member

Ok i'll look forward to your itinerary sic
Old 30-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #690
High Supremacy Member

Saw the jnto intro on tochigi(nikko is in this prefecture). Seems like a very interesting place for north of tokyo visit.
Thanks! We have visited Nikko before though. Shall check out that region.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.