HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #6961
Supremacy Member

Planning to go japan during december for about 7 days. Found flights from vietnamair and thai air quite cheap, around 550 SGD ++ but got transfer.

Fly to tokyo then bus/train to osaka. Also interested in skii-ing but I'm not sure where is available without travelling too much.

Interested in disneyland, Universal studio and mostly eating and sight seeing.

Any skii ing place near tokyo or osaka? so i don't have to spend too much on travelling to hokkaido.
Old 25-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #6962

Planning to go japan during december for about 7 days. Found flights from vietnamair and thai air quite cheap, around 550 SGD ++ but got transfer.

Fly to tokyo then bus/train to osaka. Also interested in skii-ing but I'm not sure where is available without travelling too much.

Any skii ing place near tokyo or osaka? so i don't have to spend too much on travelling to hokkaido.
??? You mean your 7D trip includes Hokkaido too?

Your trip is a very short one - 1D for USJ, 1D for TDL. Don't tell me you're not going to TDS? You only left with less than 5D. Easiest to go skiing area is Gala Yuzawa or Snow Town Yeti or Karuizawa. But if you're traveling in early Dec, there's probably no snow anywhere near Tokyo.
Old 25-08-2017, 04:32 PM   #6963
Supremacy Member

May want to give more information on your itinerary; timing of flight etc. 7 days usually left with 5 days cause of 1 day in 1 day out.

ALso which part of December? How many days in Tokyo and how many days in Osaka? One way for Tokyo-Osaka by Shinkansen is already over 3 hours so technically half day gone. 2 ways means 1 day gone.

Now you only left with 4 days to be exact.
Old 25-08-2017, 04:56 PM   #6964

Hi im going to Kyushu next month for the very first time on a solo trip on the 9th and i am planning to go to Nagasaki,kumamoto and Yufuin. This will also be my first time using a JR pass so i would like to get some clarifications. Is it okay if i exchange the 3 day Northern pass on the 9th (i am buying the pass in SG) but only start using it 2 days later as i want to reserve a train seat on the popular Yufuin no morin
Old 25-08-2017, 05:16 PM   #6965
Supremacy Member

??? You mean your 7D trip includes Hokkaido too?

Your trip is a very short one - 1D for USJ, 1D for TDL. Don't tell me you're not going to TDS? You only left with less than 5D. Easiest to go skiing area is Gala Yuzawa or Snow Town Yeti or Karuizawa. But if you're traveling in early Dec, there's probably no snow anywhere near Tokyo.
May want to give more information on your itinerary; timing of flight etc. 7 days usually left with 5 days cause of 1 day in 1 day out.

ALso which part of December? How many days in Tokyo and how many days in Osaka? One way for Tokyo-Osaka by Shinkansen is already over 3 hours so technically half day gone. 2 ways means 1 day gone.

Now you only left with 4 days to be exact.
10 Dec to 20 Dec from Singapore to Narita - Viet air.
Will reach narita 11 Dec 7am and leave narita 20 dec 9.30 am.
So that's around 9 days.

My friend and I don't really like too much shopping. We're just looking for good food and sceneries/temple/shrine/farm(?).

It's possible to take night bus from tokyo to/fro osaka right? So 2 nights will be spent on bus.

Maybe spend 4 days in Osaka/kyoto and 5 days in Tokyo (incl disneyland, disney sea).

For the skiing part, it'll be my first time. Can it be done in a day? Or is it better to be there for 2D1N? If not really have to skip it.

Thanks!
Old 25-08-2017, 05:20 PM   #6966
Master Member

For skiing you can go to Hakuba in Nagano.
Old 25-08-2017, 06:18 PM   #6967

Thank you for the helpful replies. Am off to Tsukiji today and will update if there are good finds. In Ameyoko I was offered $375/- for 1kg of Grade 1 scallops from Hokkaido, but the shops I visited looked like tourist traps.
Bought 1kg of size L dried scallops from Tsukiji outer market for $240 (post tax - the shopkeeper gave me a refund of tax on the spot. I did not have to go to the tax free counter). Thanks again everyone for the help.
oceanicmanta likes this.
Old 25-08-2017, 06:45 PM   #6968
Supremacy Member

Bought 1kg of size L dried scallops from Tsukiji outer market for $240 (post tax - the shopkeeper gave me a refund of tax on the spot. I did not have to go to the tax free counter). Thanks again everyone for the help.
On budget, I only buy the broken pieces type from Hokkaido

Ownself eat never-mind ... not so nice if gift giving.

One seller very generous, give whole scallop for tasting ... yum
Old 26-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #6969

Are there any recommendations for okinawa? Planning to go next year!
Old 28-08-2017, 08:52 AM   #6970
High Supremacy Member

thats some expensive scallop.
Old 28-08-2017, 08:11 PM   #6971

Hi all, are there any places outside of Tokyo that is highly recommend to visit? I have been to Tokyo many years back and did not really like it because i find it too busy as a city. I would like to try visiting the other provinces but still remain within "tourist area"
Old 28-08-2017, 08:49 PM   #6972
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all, are there any places outside of Tokyo that is highly recommend to visit? I have been to Tokyo many years back and did not really like it because i find it too busy as a city. I would like to try visiting the other provinces but still remain within "tourist area"
har? osaka area? sapporo? many tourist places in japan.
Old 28-08-2017, 09:21 PM   #6973
High Supremacy Member

I feel you mean staying in Tokyo but visit the outskirts, you can try going for a day trip to Nikko or Gunma?
Old 28-08-2017, 11:19 PM   #6974
Master Member

• does JR pass cover Resort Shirakami (Akita - Aomori)?
  • which direction recommended? from akita or aomori?
  • can we make reservation for JR pass ordinary?
Old 29-08-2017, 12:45 PM   #6975

https://www.starflyer.jp/en/fare/

hi,

I need to book airline from Haneda to Osaka, the is the cheapest airline I can find. but it is all in Japanese, can someone help? is there any cheapest way to travel from Haneda airport to Osaka airport? Time is not a problem. I have bought the wrong ticket actually.

thanks

nvm, I have saw the pdf explaining how to book the ticket. anyone who is keen, can see the website. for tourist, the ticket is only Jpy 70,000 include check in baggage 20kg. i still need to know the cheapest way to travel from Haneda to Osaka. Please help. Thanks

Last edited by Estella83; 29-08-2017 at 12:47 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.