HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2017, 12:56 PM   #6976

How much cheaper do you need it to be?? And it's 7000y not 70k. Big difference.
Old 29-08-2017, 01:29 PM   #6977

How much cheaper do you need it to be?? And it's 7000y not 70k. Big difference.
My sincere apologies for the typo error. I'm going there for 3 months, that's why I need to budget. Thanks for your understanding

Anyone can help?
Old 29-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #6978

My sincere apologies for the typo error. I'm going there for 3 months, that's why I need to budget. Thanks for your understanding

Anyone can help?
Express bus. Can be as low as 2,000yen. Current fares are around 3,000yen. Take the overnight bus and you save one day's accommodation.
Old 29-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #6979

Express bus. Can be as low as 2,000yen. Current fares are around 3,000yen. Take the overnight bus and you save one day's accommodation.
hi, I have thought of that too but I need to travel to Shinjuku then take a bus to Osaka at around 12 midnight. And my flight lands early morning in Haneda. Seems like there isn't any straight bus from Haneda to Osaka
Old 29-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #6980

Hi all, I'm going on a 4 week holiday to Sapporo(Biei, Otaru) total 5 days, Tokyo + Mt Fuji total 11 days, Kyoto 5 days and Osaka 4 days. Just wondering what more do I need in terms of transport? I'm planning to get the 21 day JR pass, but I know some places wont be accessible via JR transport. Just want to budget for the other transport charges. Im heading there 19 Dec and coming back in Jan

Appreciate anyone's help!
Old 29-08-2017, 03:20 PM   #6981
Master Member

My last destination for the trip is hakodate to Singapore, and I realised there's no direct flight even for ANA or JAL.

Any cheaper options (airline) to fly back singapore? Because it's a 1 way ticket, and ANA/JAL is too expensive.

Old 29-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #6982
Arch-Supremacy Member

First time in Tokyo and Kyoto!

Intend to spend 1.5 days in Kyoto and 5.5 days in Tokyo.

Any interesting ones to add on to this list? Do advise! It could include both touristy/non touristy places.

Agenda in order of ranking:
1. Experiences & views
2. Food
3. Sightseeing & light shopping

Am listing the places down before firming itinerary, accom not booked.

Traveling as a couple. Period: End Oct

Kyoto
1. Arashiyama Bamboo Forest
2. Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine
3. Nara Deer Park

Toyko
1. Tsukiji Fish Market
2. Disneysea
3. Shibuya Crossing
4. Pokemon Center
5. Fuji ( for views? Need not climb)

Thank you!
Old 29-08-2017, 06:56 PM   #6983
Master Member

My last destination for the trip is hakodate to Singapore, and I realised there's no direct flight even for ANA or JAL.

Any cheaper options (airline) to fly back singapore? Because it's a 1 way ticket, and ANA/JAL is too expensive.
how about scoot? flies to sapporo i think.
Old 29-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #6984

Scoot stops over in Taipei (or is that Tiger? One of them at least)

You can't avoid a domestic sector if flying from Hakodate - you either go Sapporo then to Singapore through Bangkok on Thai Airways, or you fly to Haneda/Narita and then to SG.
Old 29-08-2017, 07:08 PM   #6985
Master Member

how about scoot? flies to sapporo i think.
Scoot stops over in Taipei (or is that Tiger? One of them at least)

You can't avoid a domestic sector if flying from Hakodate - you either go Sapporo then to Singapore through Bangkok on Thai Airways, or you fly to Haneda/Narita and then to SG.
whats the best/shortest method from HKD to CTS?
which is a better option? to HND/NRT or go CTS?
Old 29-08-2017, 07:10 PM   #6986

whats the best/shortest method from HKD to CTS?
which is a better option? to HND/NRT or go CTS?
Go NRT/HND can direct back toSG. Go CTS cannot. The choice is obvious if your budget allows.

If you can reverse your itin maybe you can start HKD instead. I feel it's easier to plan the journey home.
Old 29-08-2017, 07:13 PM   #6987
Master Member

Go NRT/HND can direct back toSG. Go CTS cannot. The choice is obvious if your budget allows.

If you can reverse your itin maybe you can start HKD instead. I feel it's easier to plan the journey home.
just to ask, for ANA/JAL theres some fixed 10,000 yen explorer ticket if fly within japan right? cos my route is OSA>TYO>HOKKAIDO, so ill need to fly from TYO to HKD and end it with sapporo?
Old 29-08-2017, 08:12 PM   #6988
High Supremacy Member

Hakodate you can fly back to Tokyo. Domestic flight cost around 10k Yen for one way.
After you reach Tokyo got many choices to fly back to Singapore.
Old 29-08-2017, 08:16 PM   #6989
High Supremacy Member

First time in Tokyo and Kyoto!

Intend to spend 1.5 days in Kyoto and 5.5 days in Tokyo.

Any interesting ones to add on to this list? Do advise! It could include both touristy/non touristy places.

Agenda in order of ranking:
1. Experiences & views
2. Food
3. Sightseeing & light shopping

Am listing the places down before firming itinerary, accom not booked.

Traveling as a couple. Period: End Oct

Kyoto
1. Arashiyama Bamboo Forest
2. Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine
3. Nara Deer Park

Toyko
1. Tsukiji Fish Market
2. Disneysea
3. Shibuya Crossing
4. Pokemon Center
5. Fuji ( for views? Need not climb)

Thank you!
1.5 days seems short for Kyoto unless u going to do Bamboo Forest + Fushimi Inari as 1 day
and then Nara Park as half day? Nara normally people will go Todaiji as well.
For Arashiyama, worth to go Tenryuji.

For Tokyo, Mount Fuji u will need to go Kawaguchiko. Maybe make it a 1 overnight onsen trip at ryokan there.
Old 29-08-2017, 09:17 PM   #6990
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yep intend to do bamboo forest and inari in a day, would there be enough time to add in tenryuji?

For Tokyo,
We will love the onsen/ryokan experience! Will it be tight for an overnight onsen near Fuji considering the many other places we aim to explore?

This is regards to the transportation time, and would it be worth to stay at Fuji area, (what could be the itinerary over at Kawaguchiko/Fuji area for a day?).

Appreciate!

1.5 days seems short for Kyoto unless u going to do Bamboo Forest + Fushimi Inari as 1 day
and then Nara Park as half day? Nara normally people will go Todaiji as well.
For Arashiyama, worth to go Tenryuji.

For Tokyo, Mount Fuji u will need to go Kawaguchiko. Maybe make it a 1 overnight onsen trip at ryokan there.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.