HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2017, 05:53 PM   #7351
Arch-Supremacy Member

I booked scoot on return flight @ osaka. frm 19th dec to 3rd jan. thats 15nights in total. Is that too much days for a trip btw osaka down to tokyo? Assuming im just ivesting in a 7days jr pass?

Or should i consider domestic flight into hokkaido too?
Depends on your budget. You can consider taking day trips out of Tokyo. There's lots of nice places to visit.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:28 PM   #7352
Greater Supremacy Member

https://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/10/...ls-like-a-sin/
Old 07-10-2017, 09:38 AM   #7353

Depends on your budget. You can consider taking day trips out of Tokyo. There's lots of nice places to visit.
do you think it is possible to survive on the 7D JR pass, or a 14 day will be better?

still in the early stage of planning (just bought tix ytd haha) & not totally sure where to head yet, but i need to fly in/out of osaka. probably gonna spent 3 days in osaka + 1 day trip each to nara & kyoto? then down to tokyo, probably 6 days + day trips out to ryokan/onsens? quite lost in planning honestly as i hope to maximise my 7day JR pass but the location permutations seems un-doable..because it means i need to finish nara, kyoto & tokyo within 7 days right? Or is there a separate pass that will be worthwhile for before i head down to tokyo?

Last edited by Tšuschung; 07-10-2017 at 11:12 AM..
Old 07-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #7354

Hihi,

Need some guidance on my planning to Tokyo in End nov to early Dec
Below is my planning, is it workable as i am bring 1 teenage and 1 pre teenage .
We arrived at Narita airport at 8am tokyo time and going from Handena airport.
Can someone suggest me what time transport to get into town to shinjuku(station for my stop Nanako-ku)
Day 1 Arrv and walk around airbnb area(nanako-ku)
Day 2 Odaiba
Day 3 *Shinjuku and Shibuya and Harajuku (go on sunday for cosplay people). Harajuku and Meiji Shrine together and Takeshidori shopg street.
Day 4 Disneyland
Day 5 DisneySea (or juz go for 1 Disney will do)
Day 6 Tsukiji Fish mkt, Asakusa, Ginza
Day 7 Yokohama (make ramen museum)
Day 8 Ueno Ameyoko mkt (and titbits) and any of the above* didnt go
Day 9 Hakone( day trip, can be flexible other day)
Day 10 Home

Last edited by Cutie79; 07-10-2017 at 09:56 AM..
Old 07-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #7355
Supremacy Member

Which passes are essential if ya going osaka 8 days and nearby areas such as nara ,kyoto ,kobe .

I am thinking Osaka amazing pass (must for me) .

Hankyu tourist pass or ICOCA IC Card or Kansai Thru Pass ?

The railway lines in japan is super complex hence some advice would be appreciated.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #7356
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which passes are essential if ya going osaka 8 days and nearby areas such as nara ,kyoto ,kobe .

I am thinking Osaka amazing pass (must for me) .

Hankyu tourist pass or ICOCA IC Card or Kansai Thru Pass ?

The railway lines in japan is super complex hence some advice would be appreciated.
You can plan your itinerary along with the pass you are using. That's the most cost efficient way,. If its not possible than you may need 2 or more passes to complement each other. ICOCA is always useful for anything in between.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #7357
Arch-Supremacy Member

Im planning to drive from Hiroshima to Kansai region (Tokushima, Osaka, etc) in January. Since the region does not snow often, is it necessary to request for snow tires for safety reason?
Old 07-10-2017, 11:57 PM   #7358

do you think it is possible to survive on the 7D JR pass, or a 14 day will be better?

still in the early stage of planning (just bought tix ytd haha) & not totally sure where to head yet, but i need to fly in/out of osaka. probably gonna spent 3 days in osaka + 1 day trip each to nara & kyoto? then down to tokyo, probably 6 days + day trips out to ryokan/onsens? quite lost in planning honestly as i hope to maximise my 7day JR pass but the location permutations seems un-doable..because it means i need to finish nara, kyoto & tokyo within 7 days right? Or is there a separate pass that will be worthwhile for before i head down to tokyo?
Would suggest you go to toyko str after you land in KIX then from tokyo travel back to osaka area. making sure that the round-trip is taken within 7days.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:02 AM   #7359

Hihi,

Below is my planning, is it workable as i am bring 1 teenage and 1 pre teenage .
Can someone suggest me what time transport to get into town to shinjuku(station for my stop Nanako-ku)
Day 2 Odaiba
Day 3 *Shinjuku and Shibuya and Harajuku (go on sunday for cosplay people). Harajuku and Meiji Shrine together and Takeshidori shopg street.
Day 4 Disneyland
Day 10 Home
Personally feel that Odaiba have nothing much esp for teens. and would prefer 2d1n for Hakone though.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:11 AM   #7360
High Supremacy Member

Hihi,

Day 2 Odaiba
Day 4 Disneyland
Day 10 Home
Transport options out of Narita airport is either NEX, Keisei skyliner or the Keisei main line. Travelling time and terminal stations differ.

I would suggest the following
1. Day 3 split into 2 halves.
2. Slot in Odaiba on Day 6. You will find the travelling much more smoother.
3. Asakusa can be on it's own

No go Akihabara?
Old 09-10-2017, 05:27 PM   #7361

hi i am taking train from ueno to naritia T1. there is a transfer at tokyo station. I like to ask what is the time taken from the arrival to Tokyo station to walk to the narita express station at Tokyo station? I can't walk fast, hence need to plan ahead. Thanks
Old 09-10-2017, 05:33 PM   #7362
High Supremacy Member

hi i am taking train from ueno to naritia T1. there is a transfer at tokyo station. I like to ask what is the time taken from the arrival to Tokyo station to walk to the narita express station at Tokyo station? I can't walk fast, hence need to plan ahead. Thanks
the terminal is a little deep in the station, you still have JR pass? Because from Ueno you can take kesei line (express or skyliner) to NRT
Old 09-10-2017, 05:47 PM   #7363

the terminal is a little deep in the station, you still have JR pass? Because from Ueno you can take kesei line (express or skyliner) to NRT
I am with JR east pass. So to save money, decide to take narita express instead of skyliner. My flight is at 11am, so need to plan ahead the timing to get to the Narita T1.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:19 PM   #7364
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi. Just want to ask.

I am going to Tokyo for 9 days and 8 nights (with a short one night to Kawaguchiko). Whole time I am in Tokyo. Not going anywhere else except in Tokyo. Staying near to Shinjuku Station. Going to usual places such as Shibuya, Harajuku, Ueno zoo, Tokyo Disneyland etc. Usual tourist stuff

Family of three adults and one child.

Should I just use the Seica card for the whole trip (topping up regularly) or should I buy a JR pass ? Really confused.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:30 PM   #7365

Hi. Just want to ask.

I am going to Tokyo for 9 days and 8 nights (with a short one night to Kawaguchiko). Whole time I am in Tokyo. Not going anywhere else except in Tokyo. Staying near to Shinjuku Station. Going to usual places such as Shibuya, Harajuku, Ueno zoo, Tokyo Disneyland etc. Usual tourist stuff

Family of three adults and one child.

Should I just use the Seica card for the whole trip (topping up regularly) or should I buy a JR pass ? Really confused.
Suica will do. If your child is below 12, he can use a child Suica card. For Kawaguchiko, take the express bus from Shinjuku Bus Terminal.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.