HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2017, 08:44 AM   #7396

The airline should be able to inform you of this when u do your check-in. If you are checked in till Osaka then what you will need to do is go through customs and go to the domestic terminal.

It can also be the case that they can't check you in till Osaka, which means you need to get your stuff then take a bus(?) to the domestic terminal
If i'm not wrong, transit from tokyo to osaka, you have to come out and take a bus to their domestic terminal for transit.
Old 13-10-2017, 08:53 AM   #7397

Will do! Gonna research the places to try them and try them all out. I wanted to try the kaiseki in ryokan but im not sure if my budget allows it.
Solo travelers in a ryokan is not going to be cheap. I stayed in one at Shimoda in Feb and it cost me $700 for two nights with two meals daily. If you're staying Hakone or Kawaguchiko, it'll probably be around the same or slightly more.
Old 13-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #7398
High Supremacy Member

The airline should be able to inform you of this when u do your check-in. If you are checked in till Osaka then what you will need to do is go through customs and go to the domestic terminal.

It can also be the case that they can't check you in till Osaka, which means you need to get your stuff then take a bus(?) to the domestic terminal
If i'm not wrong, transit from tokyo to osaka, you have to come out and take a bus to their domestic terminal for transit.
Sorry guys, im transiting at Haneda instead.

Reading this makes me feel the pain

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/airport/hnd/transit/
Old 13-10-2017, 01:38 PM   #7399
Great Supremacy Member

It is not so bad, just take note of the time window you have. You kinda need to hurry
Old 13-10-2017, 07:37 PM   #7400

It's actually quite easily done. Did this before. Was one of the first flights in so no queues anywhere until I reached the domestic terminal

Old 14-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #7401
High Supremacy Member

It is not so bad, just take note of the time window you have. You kinda need to hurry
I've got an almost 2 hours window just in case. I'm flying out around 2.45am from singapore.
Old 14-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #7402
High Supremacy Member

It's actually quite easily done. Did this before. Was one of the first flights in so no queues anywhere until I reached the domestic terminal
Between Haneda International Airport to the domestic airport, it's not far right?
Old 14-10-2017, 03:03 PM   #7403
Master Member

if transit at HND, confirm must go through JP immigration and customs with you luggage, once you walk out after customs, turn right and walk until you can see ANA and JAL luggage check in counters for domestic flights (BIC shop is near those counters). After that there's a path leading to the "bus terminal" for you to take to the domestic terminal
Old 14-10-2017, 03:07 PM   #7404
Master Member

Between Haneda International Airport to the domestic airport, it's not far right?
must cater time to wait for the bus, and for the actual bus ride.....

better run once you get off the plane at HND, run to immigration, run to luggage carousel, run to customs, run to domestic luggage check-in, run to domestic security check-in, run to bus terminal, take the bus (cos u cannot run to domestic terminal from international terminal)....

Then after u reach domestic terminal, do whatever you like if you still got spare time,.....
Old 15-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #7405
Supremacy Member

New chitose airport got Shiroi Koibito"and potatoes farm?
Old 15-10-2017, 07:23 PM   #7406
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yup, have.. But sometimes sold out especially if got china tourist come sweep everything
Halo green likes this.
Old 15-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #7407
Supremacy Member

Yup, have.. But sometimes sold out especially if got china tourist come sweep everything
if you are visiting hokkaido, why not just by in the city?
you can get the same tax free price (if spend >JPY5000, which isnt hard), and you can pack them in your luggage. no risk of china tourist sweeping them out also. buying at airport means you will need to hand carry.
Old 15-10-2017, 11:28 PM   #7408

Hi, anyone know where to get those dried scallop for soup in Osaka? Heard that Kuromon market might have but unable to find any in my previous trip. Thanks!
Old 16-10-2017, 07:22 AM   #7409
Great Supremacy Member

Just to tack on a comment for the haneda domestic terminal, it has better shops.
Old 16-10-2017, 04:07 PM   #7410

From the looks of your current itinerary, you won't be able to cover the cost of Hokuriku Arch Pass. You can't use it to cover Tokyo > Nagoya. The only trains you're taking would be Kyoto > Kanazawa and Kanazawa > Tokyo. Even if you used it at the start of the trip, you'll still end up with only two long train trips.
http://hokuriku-arch-pass.com/en/

Unless you rearrange your dates for the use of the pass - 2D in Osaka, 2D in Kyoto, 2D in Kanazawa and the last day (Day 7) Kanazawa to Tokyo. You'll have 3 long trips.
Thanks for the reply ! sorry for the late reply, completely forgot about my post lol. If that's the case do you think it's more worth it for me to get the 14days JR Pass starting from 2nd day(18Dec) since i'll be reaching at 9pm+ on the first day.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.