HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2017, 08:45 AM   #7426

I've got a question! How do I get a cab around kawaguchiko? Do they use grab/uber or hail a cab by the roadside?

I'm planning to go there on Christmas eve for 1 night and might go back to the hotel later than 530pm, by then the shuttle/retro bus service have already ended.
Old 19-10-2017, 09:22 AM   #7427
High Supremacy Member

U want to end your day trip late and go back to Tokyo? My suggestion is look for the night highway bus if available or stay the night at Kawaguchiko.
Old 19-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #7428

U want to end your day trip late and go back to Tokyo? My suggestion is look for the night highway bus if available or stay the night at Kawaguchiko.
Nope, I'm staying at fuji view hotel at kawaguchiko. But my last stop before going back to the hotel is at Oishi park, which is opposite the lake. So I expect to end around 530-6.
Old 19-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #7429

I don't know where you'll be staying in Osaka city. Use Hyperdia.com to calculate the rest of the train trips. Could use it from 17 Dec (D1 if you're going straight into the town) to 30 Dec (D14). Take Limited Express Haruka from Kansai Airport, that's already •2,230 to Tennoji station. Should be able to break even if you did day trips to Kobe or even Himeji or Nara.

Get a ICOCA if you do not have any IC card.
Alright, thanks for your advice
Old 19-10-2017, 01:39 PM   #7430
High Supremacy Member

the question to ask is if there is anything to see after dark, the bus services normally do not end that early unless there is like nothing to do there
Old 19-10-2017, 02:02 PM   #7431

Nope, I'm staying at fuji view hotel at kawaguchiko. But my last stop before going back to the hotel is at Oishi park, which is opposite the lake. So I expect to end around 530-6.
So long as you could get back to Kawaguchiko station, I believe there should be taxis around the area. The last bus from Natural Living Center heading back to Kawaguchiko station runs at 1812, four services from 1732 to 1812. There might be changes for winter schedules. You might want to check with the tourist information counter upon arrival.
http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/heritage-tour/detail/id/1/
Old 19-10-2017, 03:19 PM   #7432

i am thinking of checking this out.
http://japan-attractions.jp/festival...omiji-matsuri/

I will be staying at Tokyo (Koenji area). Is it difficult to get to that place? Will not be driving.
Old 19-10-2017, 04:33 PM   #7433

i am thinking of checking this out.
http://japan-attractions.jp/festival...omiji-matsuri/

I will be staying at Tokyo (Koenji area). Is it difficult to get to that place? Will not be driving.
Just the train journey itself would take about 2.5hrs and plus the bus ride 40min and then 20min to walk to the bridge. Decide it on your own.

http://ohtsuribashi.ryujinkyo.jp/access.html
chainer22 likes this.
Old 19-10-2017, 08:26 PM   #7434

So long as you could get back to Kawaguchiko station, I believe there should be taxis around the area. The last bus from Natural Living Center heading back to Kawaguchiko station runs at 1812, four services from 1732 to 1812. There might be changes for winter schedules. You might want to check with the tourist information counter upon arrival.
http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/heritage-tour/detail/id/1/
Ah okay. So japan is still not using grab/uber. Shall stick to the traditional way of getting taxi.
Old 19-10-2017, 09:12 PM   #7435

Ah okay. So japan is still not using grab/uber. Shall stick to the traditional way of getting taxi.
I'm not familiar with Grab and Uber. Have only used taxi and public transport in Japan.
Old 19-10-2017, 09:43 PM   #7436
Master Member

I booked tickets to visit Osaka, Kyoto and Nara/Kobe but have not decided on my accommodation yet

Was deciding between staying at Osaka all 7 nites or 2 nites in Kyoto and 5 nites in Osaka.

1. When travelling from Kyoto to Osaka with luggage, anything i should take note like go for reserved seats or avoid certain timing/date? I heard their train can be very crowded at times

2. Ideally is stay at Osaka for all 7 nites n travel 2 days to Kyoto but realised the train tickets for 4 trips not cheap. I checked is around $312 for 3 pax which i could have spent on 2 nites at Kyoto

3. If take unreserved seats, do I have to go earlier to buy tickets n find better seats? can book tickets online?
Old 19-10-2017, 10:46 PM   #7437

I booked tickets to visit Osaka, Kyoto and Nara/Kobe but have not decided on my accommodation yet

Was deciding between staying at Osaka all 7 nites or 2 nites in Kyoto and 5 nites in Osaka.

1. When travelling from Kyoto to Osaka with luggage, anything i should take note like go for reserved seats or avoid certain timing/date? I heard their train can be very crowded at times

2. Ideally is stay at Osaka for all 7 nites n travel 2 days to Kyoto but realised the train tickets for 4 trips not cheap. I checked is around $312 for 3 pax which i could have spent on 2 nites at Kyoto

3. If take unreserved seats, do I have to go earlier to buy tickets n find better seats? can book tickets online?
It costs 560yen (~S$7) per pax for one way local train ride - Osaka station to Kyoto station. How did you get $312?
Old 20-10-2017, 11:06 AM   #7438
Master Member

Staying on metro line in Tokyo

Any opinions? Where did you stay near to and why?

I've always stayed in the JR lines (Yamanote, Keihin-Tohoku), just thought of trying somewhere different this time, maybe like Ginza. Found a few hotels that are less expensive than other areas.

No itinerary planned at the moment but travelling during CNY. Any other locations on the metro line that is good?
Old 20-10-2017, 11:42 AM   #7439

Any opinions? Where did you stay near to and why?

I've always stayed in the JR lines (Yamanote, Keihin-Tohoku), just thought of trying somewhere different this time, maybe like Ginza. Found a few hotels that are less expensive than other areas.

No itinerary planned at the moment but travelling during CNY. Any other locations on the metro line that is good?
You mean Tokyo alone or other areas as well?

Me - Shinjuku, Tokyo, Shiodome, Ikebukuro, Daiba and Asakusa. Stations near my lodging for previous trips.
Old 20-10-2017, 12:08 PM   #7440
Master Member

You mean Tokyo alone or other areas as well?

Me - Shinjuku, Tokyo, Shiodome, Ikebukuro, Daiba and Asakusa. Stations near my lodging for previous trips.
Just Tokyo

I checked for Asakusa, the nicer hotels quite pricey too. Shiodome also some quite ex haha. Partly bcos I'm booking twin room.

Not sure why this period is ex.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.