Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take Keikyu line to Shinagawa, then change to Yamanote Line to Shibuya.

For Shibuya to Narita, can take Narita Express or

take Yamanote Line to Nippori and change to Skyliner/Keisei Main Line to Narita Airport.

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro.. :o:)tot my question was skipped and ignored so I call them..

They said no need pay slip ?
I went to the website after reading your post but I cant find the format to type. Can u point to me ?
The guy only said type purpose , paid all expenses by herself. salary and ask boss to sign. can liao. Din mention malaysia IC too.

how ? scare the guy missed out too haa..ya took note of the time.
Lucky on shift work so no need time off.

When is your friend flying. Cause

Gov't to exempt Thai, Malaysian tourists from visa requirement | Kyodo News

Maybe in time for the law to implement in time. Malaysian to Japan no need visa.

raindrops00

Reaction score
Take Keikyu line to Shinagawa, then change to Yamanote Line to Shibuya.

For Shibuya to Narita, can take Narita Express or

take Yamanote Line to Nippori and change to Skyliner/Keisei Main Line to Narita Airport.

Ok thank you.
Also, since I'm arriving quite early, is there anywhere you recommend I can go or anything I can do around Shibuya area? cause I see the shops open around 10.

glabejut

Reaction score
hi, im currently using singtel with lte phone. just wondering if my phone will work in japan and how do i sms back to a sg number when im over there? do i have to add any numbers? thanks!

cheefarn

Reaction score
hi, im currently using singtel with lte phone. just wondering if my phone will work in japan and how do i sms back to a sg number when im over there? do i have to add any numbers? thanks!

Which LTE phone are you using bro? For now (at least), only Galaxy S4, HTC One and the upcoming LG Optimus G Pro offers all possible LTE bands in their phones, hence you can still roam in LTE while in Japan

For all other LTE phones, eg Galaxy S3, the phone will switch to regular 3G 850/1900 band.

Make sure you manually log onto Softbank while you're roaming in Japan. Singtel has some tieups with Softbank and you can enjoy slightly lower rates with Softbank

To SMS, just compose and send your SMS as per normal, no +65 prefix required. But that SMS will be charged as roaming SMS liao. So take note of that.

If you want to call SG line, use the IDD call back option from Singtel to enjoy slightly cheaper IDD calls. just enter *121*+65(your number)# and then enter SEND. THe call will end and your phone will ring in a few seconds. Just pick up normally.

glabejut

Reaction score
Which LTE phone are you using bro? For now (at least), only Galaxy S4, HTC One and the upcoming LG Optimus G Pro offers all possible LTE bands in their phones, hence you can still roam in LTE while in Japan

For all other LTE phones, eg Galaxy S3, the phone will switch to regular 3G 850/1900 band.

Make sure you manually log onto Softbank while you're roaming in Japan. Singtel has some tieups with Softbank and you can enjoy slightly lower rates with Softbank

To SMS, just compose and send your SMS as per normal, no +65 prefix required. But that SMS will be charged as roaming SMS liao. So take note of that.

If you want to call SG line, use the IDD call back option from Singtel to enjoy slightly cheaper IDD calls. just enter *121*+65(your number)# and then enter SEND. THe call will end and your phone will ring in a few seconds. Just pick up normally.

thanks for ur reply! my phone supports the following bands:4G/LTE 1800, 4G/LTE 2600, 4G/LTE 800, GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, 3G 850, 3G 900, 3G 2100

so will it be able to support lte? not that it matters since i wont be using data there cause its too expensive. :o

i saw in the other thread that i can buy the bmobile sim to use data, but the thing is that i can only get it to deliver to my hotel over there. is there any data sim that i can buy here in singapore and bring it along instead?

cheefarn

Reaction score
thanks for ur reply! my phone supports the following bands:4G/LTE 1800, 4G/LTE 2600, 4G/LTE 800, GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, 3G 850, 3G 900, 3G 2100

so will it be able to support lte? not that it matters since i wont be using data there cause its too expensive. :o

i saw in the other thread that i can buy the bmobile sim to use data, but the thing is that i can only get it to deliver to my hotel over there. is there any data sim that i can buy here in singapore and bring it along instead?

Hmm...you can see if you are able to logon to Softbank LTE network when you're there ya. If not your phone will switch over to 3G 1900mhz. That's the band Jap and USA uses for GSM.

I don't think you can buy any Japs SIM cards in SG. In anycase, you don't need to use Japs SIM cards over there if you're not planning many calls or use data. For data usage, you can login to the free WIFI your hotel offers you. And many big shopping malls have free WIFI too.

Or you can also sign up for free at freespot.com

It's Japs version of Wireless@SG. Do take note the coverage is not very good and not every shopping malls or centers will have Freespot access, even in big cities eg Sapporo.

Hotel WIFI is still the most stable of all. You can also go to Sim Lim Sq and get yourself a portable WIFI router to bring it along your trip. Some Japs Hotel doesn't have WIFI coverage in the rooms,. THey only got a LAN cable. Your portable wireless router will come in handy here. Just plug the LAN cable into your router and you can have free wireless access in your room.

glabejut

Reaction score
Hmm...you can see if you are able to logon to Softbank LTE network when you're there ya. If not your phone will switch over to 3G 1900mhz. That's the band Jap and USA uses for GSM.

I don't think you can buy any Japs SIM cards in SG. In anycase, you don't need to use Japs SIM cards over there if you're not planning many calls or use data. For data usage, you can login to the free WIFI your hotel offers you. And many big shopping malls have free WIFI too.

Or you can also sign up for free at freespot.com

It's Japs version of Wireless@SG. Do take note the coverage is not very good and not every shopping malls or centers will have Freespot access, even in big cities eg Sapporo.

Hotel WIFI is still the most stable of all. You can also go to Sim Lim Sq and get yourself a portable WIFI router to bring it along your trip. Some Japs Hotel doesn't have WIFI coverage in the rooms,. THey only got a LAN cable. Your portable wireless router will come in handy here. Just plug the LAN cable into your router and you can have free wireless access in your room.

oh i see. thanks thanks. btw, which is the best credit card to use in japan? do most smaller shops accept credit cards?

cheefarn

Reaction score
oh i see. thanks thanks. btw, which is the best credit card to use in japan? do most smaller shops accept credit cards?

The best credit card is the one that you feel most comfortable to use lor:s13:

Anyway, unlike in the past, VISA and Mastercard are widely accepted in shops or attractions that accepts credit cards

No many smaller Japs shops still accept cash only. When in debt, just ask.

print this sentence out and show it to the cashier when in doubt

クレジットカードで払えますか?

basically it says 'do you accept credit cards'

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Anyway, unlike in the past, VISA and Mastercard are widely accepted in shops or attractions that accepts credit cards

クレジットカードで払えますか?

kureji-to kado de watashi emasuka? lol

but japan people prefer to deal in cash

cheefarn

Reaction score
kureji-to kado de watashi emasuka? lol

but japan people prefer to deal in cash

Yup, but when I was in Jap, I simply said 'Watashi Kado emasuka?

Quite broken grammer I'm sure, but the Japs still understand what I said:s13:

This is impt at gas stations because the attendent will ask you your mode of payment. If you really cant form a full sentence, at least pronouce the key words clearly

Cash= 现金= hiankim (100% Taiwanese pronoucation here, just like most Kanji used in Jap)

Credit card= Kado- slang for the word 'Card'

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, but when I was in Jap, I simply said 'Watashi Kado emasuka?

Quite broken grammer I'm sure, but the Japs still understand what I said:s13:

This is impt at gas stations because the attendent will ask you your mode of payment. If you really cant form a full sentence, at least pronouce the key words clearly

Cash= 现金= hiankim (100% Taiwanese pronoucation here, just like most Kanji used in Jap)

Credit card= Kado- slang for the word 'Card'

cash=okane

glabejut

Reaction score

クレジットカードで払えますか?

oic... indeed a pro :D is tokyo hotter than singapore in summer? how about places like osaka, okinawa & hokkaido?

cheefarn

Reaction score
oic... indeed a pro :D is tokyo hotter than singapore in summer? how about places like osaka, okinawa & hokkaido?

I can only ans the Hokkaido part.. since that's where I went before and will go again :s13:

Check accuweather.com for the latest weather update. But for Hokkaido, being in the artic circle, their summer won't be as hot as SG de la, ard 25-26c max during mid day. And trust me, temp will plunge considerably towards late afternoon and its normal to experience a 10-15c difference between mid day and night temp in many parts of Hokkaido.

You still need to pack thick sweaters along even for summer trip. Themal underwear may be a good idea if you want to stay comfortable outdoors for long period of time in the evening. Rem hor, winds is strong in Hokkaido.

But what I've just said above is based on past yr average. Winter was unusually long this yr and until 3 weeks ago when I was there, average daytime temp was ard 14-17c and I got to enjoy a 4c weather at Memembetsu Airport area upon arrival:s13:Night time temp was ard 4-8c back then

feryl

Reaction score
Hian kim also can. :)

My favorite Jap word... Yamatei... no thanks to the dubious channels from which the word is often used by pretty SYTs:s22::s13:

it's "gen kin" for cash. And you mean "yamete". Yamatei means a mountain pavilion :)

glabejut

Reaction score
I can only ans the Hokkaido part.. since that's where I went before and will go again :s13:

Check accuweather.com for the latest weather update. But for Hokkaido, being in the artic circle, their summer won't be as hot as SG de la, ard 25-26c max during mid day. And trust me, temp will plunge considerably towards late afternoon and its normal to experience a 10-15c difference between mid day and night temp in many parts of Hokkaido.

You still need to pack thick sweaters along even for summer trip. Themal underwear may be a good idea if you want to stay comfortable outdoors for long period of time in the evening. Rem hor, winds is strong in Hokkaido.

But what I've just said above is based on past yr average. Winter was unusually long this yr and until 3 weeks ago when I was there, average daytime temp was ard 14-17c and I got to enjoy a 4c weather at Memembetsu Airport area upon arrival:s13:Night time temp was ard 4-8c back then

wow. even in early august? then i must go hokkaido. =:p

cheefarn

Reaction score
it's "gen kin" for cash. And you mean "yamete". Yamatei means a mountain pavilion :)

Opps I stand corrected. I'm no good with english spelling for Japs pronouncation. But I guess you guys know what I mean la:s13:

Yup yamatei=山亭

yamete= no, don't :D

Geez one can learn Japs while watching ermm... interesting videos too:D:s13:

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Opps I stand corrected. I'm no good with english spelling for Japs pronouncation. But I guess you guys know what I mean la:s13:

Yup yamatei=山亭

yamete= no, don't :D

Geez one can learn Japs while watching ermm... interesting videos too:D:s13:

kimochi?:s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.