HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2017, 11:52 AM   #7531
Master Member

?? No head no tail on the name of the hotel?
You using GAGT? haha, it's Ours Inn Hankyu.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:33 PM   #7532

You using GAGT? haha, it's Ours Inn Hankyu.
No. Using web version. Not familiar with that hotel.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:18 AM   #7533
Master Member

Anyone took Korean airlines before (depart from Singapore)? Do they require the credit card owner (when making payment for online booking) to be present during check in when he/she isn't going for the trip for verification of cc?

Meaning:

A helped B to buy ticket using his cc.
A not gonna travel with B.
A needs to be present during B's check-in?

Old 05-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #7534
High Supremacy Member

The passenger needs the itinerary and receipts.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:57 AM   #7535

Hello peeps... I have a Qns.

I would be driving from Osaka to Tokyo, Osaka upwards to Nagano and down to Tokyo and from Tokyo to Hakone to Aichi Ken and back to Osaka.

Any Idea if I could use this expressway pass? CEP (http://hayatabi.c-nexco.co.jp/cep/en/)

I am contemplating if I should and also if the vehicle which I will be renting from Kansai Airport does provide the CEP.

Meanwhile, anyone knows what Mifi is recommended for a 17days trip to japan?

Thank you!
Old 06-11-2017, 08:07 AM   #7536
Master Member

The passenger needs the itinerary and receipts.

So as long the card holder (also a passenger) bring his card during check in ok already? We can fill up the verification form on the spot?

Old 06-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #7537
Master Member

Hi, I have qns on actual tax free items from tokyo.

from websites, it says the staff will packed these tax refund items in sealed bags and we are not to open them. and officers at immigration will check against these items.
Actual?

then staff will attached a piece of paper to your passport for these tax refunded item, you are to approach the officers at airport counter and return these slips of paper.
you guys do that?

many thanks for any answers and comments. cheers
Old 06-11-2017, 11:07 AM   #7538
High Supremacy Member

Hi, I have qns on actual tax free items from tokyo.

from websites, it says the staff will packed these tax refund items in sealed bags and we are not to open them. and officers at immigration will check against these items.
Actual?

then staff will attached a piece of paper to your passport for these tax refunded item, you are to approach the officers at airport counter and return these slips of paper.
you guys do that?

many thanks for any answers and comments. cheers
i just dump all the sealed packages in my luggage and walk through customs if that helps
oceanicmanta likes this.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #7539
Master Member

like a boss.....
Old 06-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #7540
Supremacy Member

i just dump all the sealed packages in my luggage and walk through customs if that helps
agree, just pack everything into luggage and take out the paper stapled on passport

even if it's sealed, you may not be allowed to carry items on board ... that was a mistake I made on my first trip, believing the sales staff who said I have to show customs the items I bought in the sealed bag
Old 06-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #7541

Need some input from gurus here as I'm starting to work on my upcoming trip to Osaka & Kyoto in Q1 2018.

It will be a 10 days trip, from Saturday to following week Sunday. Am considering departing on 24 Feb or 3 Mar, I reckon both won't make much difference as I checked it doesn't coincide with notable public holidays in Japan (so probably airfare will decide when to go)

Scoot seems to have more 'ideal' flight times for direct flight (and of course the cheaper option compared to full fare airlines), since day 1 will be wasted on travelling, I'm thinking of heading straight to Kyoto upon arrival in Osaka on the same day, anything or points of consideration I should take note of?

Should I squeeze in a trip to Kobe (more for the beef than sight seeing )?
Old 06-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #7542

Need some input from gurus here as I'm starting to work on my upcoming trip to Osaka & Kyoto in Q1 2018.

It will be a 10 days trip, from Saturday to following week Sunday. Am considering departing on 24 Feb or 3 Mar, I reckon both won't make much difference as I checked it doesn't coincide with notable public holidays in Japan (so probably airfare will decide when to go)

Scoot seems to have more 'ideal' flight times for direct flight (and of course the cheaper option compared to full fare airlines), since day 1 will be wasted on travelling, I'm thinking of heading straight to Kyoto upon arrival in Osaka on the same day, anything or points of consideration I should take note of?

Should I squeeze in a trip to Kobe (more for the beef than sight seeing )?
What time do you land in Osaka?

And yes to Kobe! Really enjoyed my day trip there, wish i can spend more time. Consider checking out the area around Maiko station.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:09 PM   #7543

What time do you land in Osaka?

And yes to Kobe! Really enjoyed my day trip there, wish i can spend more time. Consider checking out the area around Maiko station.
Arriving in Osaka at 5.30pm on Saturday, departing Osaka the following week Sunday 3.10pm so basically I have got about 7 days to play around with

Kobe should be a single day program?
Old 07-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #7544
High Supremacy Member

Kobe is pretty much a 1 day thing... depends on what you look for. You can have equally or even more brilliant steak elsewhere
Old 08-11-2017, 06:32 AM   #7545
Supremacy Member

How and when do u pay for kyoto buses?
Which r the recommended bus service for tourist??
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.