HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #7711
High Supremacy Member

I think Klook only sells the 7/10/14 days JR Pass ... can't find the 3 day Tokyo Wide Pass whch cost 10K.
Paiseh, maybe I got it mixed up with this

http://attractions.changirecommends....kyo-metro-pass

https://www.klook.com/activity/1552-...-ticket-tokyo/
Old 01-12-2017, 10:15 PM   #7712
Supremacy Member

Nikko or Mt Fuji for 6 day trip in Feb?

actually only 4 full days, first day landing at 3.30pm and last day departing at 4.40pm.

thought of staying overnight in a ryokan at Fuji but considering Nikko too.

or do Nikko as day trip? Or don't bother since not a lot of time and probably winter is not the best time to visit to Lake Chuzenji?

i've been to tokyo a few times and just came back from japan.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:05 AM   #7713

I have a simple question which requires a simple reply.

Have any one made a purchase from Rakuten Japan, or made any reservations for vehicles or even hotel stays?

The main question is, when you register for the Rakuten japan account, they would require your mobile phone number.

Anyone knows how to get pass it?

Thank you very much!
Old 02-12-2017, 01:55 AM   #7714

Nikko or Mt Fuji for 6 day trip in Feb?

actually only 4 full days, first day landing at 3.30pm and last day departing at 4.40pm.

thought of staying overnight in a ryokan at Fuji but considering Nikko too.

or do Nikko as day trip? Or don't bother since not a lot of time and probably winter is not the best time to visit to Lake Chuzenji?

i've been to tokyo a few times and just came back from japan.
Fuji Five Lakes. Weather is cold so it means higher chance to get a clear view of Mt. Fuji. But it's up to you if you preferred to view it elsewhere within the city. But if you wish to stay overnight, do it on a weekend (only if your dates are 23 Feb or before) to catch the night fireworks at Kawaguchiko.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #7715
Supremacy Member

Fuji Five Lakes. Weather is cold so it means higher chance to get a clear view of Mt. Fuji. But it's up to you if you preferred to view it elsewhere within the city. But if you wish to stay overnight, do it on a weekend (only if your dates are 23 Feb or before) to catch the night fireworks at Kawaguchiko.
Weekends world be sat and sun? I was planning mon, 19 Feb to avoid weekend crowd. Ok, I'll change to sun, 18 feb if there's fireworks. Sounds good.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #7716

Weekends world be sat and sun? I was planning mon, 19 Feb to avoid weekend crowd. Ok, I'll change to sun, 18 feb if there's fireworks. Sounds good.
18 Feb is the second last show before the last one on 23 Feb.
http://www.fujisan.ne.jp.e.aca.hp.transer.com/event/info.php?no=552
Old 04-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #7717
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to check, I am not holding any JR Pass. How many days in advance can I buy the shinkansen ticket at the station?
Old 04-12-2017, 11:05 AM   #7718
Supremacy Member

18 Feb is the second last show before the last one on 23 Feb.
http://www.fujisan.ne.jp.e.aca.hp.transer.com/event/info.php?no=552
Thanks, changed to Sunday after i checked online too. Might as well since it's a day difference. Just hope it won't be too crowded.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:12 AM   #7719
Supremacy Member

Just to check, I am not holding any JR Pass. How many days in advance can I buy the shinkansen ticket at the station?
For non-reserved seats, you can buy before departure and queue earlier. Nozomi in particular, usually has a few trains per hour.

For reserved seats, if you want to take a particular train, might want to book a few days earlier. But usually non-peak period or weekdays is ok to not book in advance, won't be sold out.

Seats reservations cost just slightly more. Without reservations, you might want to take the 'less crowded' trains e. g. from tokyo or Shinagawa, my experience is that the trains ending at shin-osaka will usually be less crowded than those ending at hakata or from shin-osaka, take the trains starting from shin-osaka rather than those that come from earlier stops.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #7720
Arch-Supremacy Member

For non-reserved seats, you can buy before departure and queue earlier. Nozomi in particular, usually has a few trains per hour.

For reserved seats, if you want to take a particular train, might want to book a few days earlier. But usually non-peak period or weekdays is ok to not book in advance, won't be sold out.

Seats reservations cost just slightly more. Without reservations, you might want to take the 'less crowded' trains e. g. from tokyo or Shinagawa, my experience is that the trains ending at shin-osaka will usually be less crowded than those ending at hakata or from shin-osaka, take the trains starting from shin-osaka rather than those that come from earlier stops.
Thanks saffronsatire. So if non reserved seat, i can only buy on the day of departure and not like few days advance?
Old 04-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #7721
Supremacy Member

Thanks saffronsatire. So if non reserved seat, i can only buy on the day of departure and not like few days advance?
No, you can also buy in advance or just before departure. No timing printed on the ticket, just the date.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:49 AM   #7722
Arch-Supremacy Member

No, you can also buy in advance or just before departure. No timing printed on the ticket, just the date.
Thanks. do you know max. how many days in advance? cos someone told me maybe like 1day advance only but not very sure.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #7723
Great Supremacy Member

shinkansen non-reserved seat ticket you can get 24 hr in advance, reserved ticket is available only from 30 days before departure.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #7724
Arch-Supremacy Member

shinkansen non-reserved seat ticket you can get 24 hr in advance, reserved ticket is available only from 30 days before departure.
Understood. Thank you
Old 04-12-2017, 01:44 PM   #7725

Since we are on the topic of shinkasen. I will be from Haneda Airport and would have to travel straightaway to Sapporo. Do i need to book my seat to Sapporo in advance or can i just hop on to any train with my JR Pass?

If I do need to reserve, can I book the seat from Thailand? As I would be transiting there first.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.