HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #7831

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6730....FROM=2163_6725
Any can confirm there no bus from toya station to Usuzan West Crater and Usuzan Ropeway during winter. Thinking of going today
Not sure if you went but there’s winter buses within Lake Toya, just not a lot.
Old 28-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #7832

cool, hope to get your promo...

Sometimes you can get quite good prices

My upcoming SQ flight to Tokyo and back from Osaka is only 670 (2 to go) each

The difference was like 40 more per pax versus another 170 each for the JR back to Tokyo as well as an extra 3 hours plus of traveling time
Old 29-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #7833
Master Member

I'm travelling from Fuji to Kanazawa and wondering if I should:

(a) go back to Tokyo and transfer to JR
(b) or is there a JR station at Fuji area itself so that we can save the time and money required to go back to Tokyo?

Thanks!
Old 29-12-2017, 07:35 PM   #7834

I'm travelling from Fuji to Kanazawa and wondering if I should:

(a) go back to Tokyo and transfer to JR
(b) or is there a JR station at Fuji area itself so that we can save the time and money required to go back to Tokyo?

Thanks!
There are few Fuji stations e.g. Fuji, Shin-Fuji, that are served by JR lines.
Old 30-12-2017, 06:59 PM   #7835
Master Member

There are few Fuji stations e.g. Fuji, Shin-Fuji, that are served by JR lines.
so you are saying that I can take the JR line (Fuji, Shin-Fuji) straight from Fuji to Kanazawa?
Old 30-12-2017, 07:10 PM   #7836
High Supremacy Member

so you are saying that I can take the JR line (Fuji, Shin-Fuji) straight from Fuji to Kanazawa?
By train. Kanazawa is Hokuriku Shinkansen.
Shin Fuji is Tokaido Shinkansen.

Different shinkansen line. So either you take to Tokyo and transfer to Hokuriku Shinakansen or take to Maibara and transfer to Ltd Express
Old 31-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #7837
Greater Supremacy Member

If you are at Kawaguchiko then you need to take a bus to shin-Fuji station where you can take the Shinkansen.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #7838
Master Member

By train. Kanazawa is Hokuriku Shinkansen.
Shin Fuji is Tokaido Shinkansen.

Different shinkansen line. So either you take to Tokyo and transfer to Hokuriku Shinakansen or take to Maibara and transfer to Ltd Express
If you are at Kawaguchiko then you need to take a bus to shin-Fuji station where you can take the Shinkansen.
thanks everyone! will try to figure out myself first. if can't find then come here ask you guys again. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2018, 11:35 AM   #7839
Master Member

How long do people typically spend on the Mount Fuji 5th station?

I'm travelling from Tokyo in the morning and it will probably be noon or early afternoon after leaving my luggage at the resort.

Note that the bus from Kawaguchiko Station takes 50 mins and last bus leaves 5th station at 4ish, seems like I should go to the 5th station only the next morning?

What should I do in the afternoon after lunch in that case? Kachi Kachi Ropeway?
Old 02-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #7840
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm travelling from Tokyo in the morning and it will probably be noon or early afternoon after leaving my luggage at the resort.

Note that the bus from Kawaguchiko Station takes 50 mins and last bus leaves 5th station at 4ish, seems like I should go to the 5th station only the next morning?

What should I do in the afternoon after lunch in that case? Kachi Kachi Ropeway?
About 2 hrs.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #7841

2 hours is too long. There's nothing much except for a few souvenir stores, washrooms and small eateries at the 5th station. A lot of tour buses only allow at most 20-30 minutes to stay here. You'll be on Mt. Fuji but it's only beautiful to look at from afar.

Might as well just head to other places instead. When and why are you heading there in the first place? Climbing season?
Old 02-01-2018, 01:57 PM   #7842
Master Member

2 hours is too long. There's nothing much except for a few souvenir stores, washrooms and small eateries at the 5th station. A lot of tour buses only allow at most 20-30 minutes to stay here. You'll be on Mt. Fuji but it's only beautiful to look at from afar.

Might as well just head to other places instead. When and why are you heading there in the first place? Climbing season?
not climbing season, next month.

so not worth the 50mins journey each way? if so, will visit other places around kawaguchiko. or relax in the resort.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:11 PM   #7843

not climbing season, next month.

so not worth the 50mins journey each way? if so, will visit other places around kawaguchiko. or relax in the resort.
Weekend? There's fireworks on Saturdays and Sundays till 23 February. Just keep a check on the bus schedules and operation hours for some places. Winter means shorter day and fewer bus services and shorter operation hours.

Probably road closure to 5th station too.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #7844
Master Member

Weekend? There's fireworks on Saturdays and Sundays till 23 February. Just keep a check on the bus schedules and operation hours for some places. Winter means shorter day and fewer bus services and shorter operation hours.

Yup going on Sunday after you told me the other time that there's fireworks on Sun, 18 Feb! Staying one night and leaving on 19 Feb.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:35 PM   #7845

Hi there! will there be fireworks? You have any links that reflects the time and date?

Thanks!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.