HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2018, 10:04 AM   #7876
Master Member

just wondering, any hotel cheap and good (less then 100 per night kind) at tokyo but not famous and promoted in agoda?
http://www.oursinn-hankyu.co.jp/ja/

gonna stay 2nd time next month
Old 10-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #7877
Arch-Supremacy Member

just wondering, any hotel cheap and good (less then 100 per night kind) at tokyo but not famous and promoted in agoda?
check here: http://www.housejp.com.tw/englishindex.html
Old 11-01-2018, 01:39 PM   #7878
Greater Supremacy Member

hey folks how many days to travel in nagoya? was thinking to go takayama n nearby if possible
Old 11-01-2018, 04:38 PM   #7879
Supremacy Member

hey folks how many days to travel in nagoya? was thinking to go takayama n nearby if possible
i'm doing 2 days nagoya, 2 days takayama, 2 days kanazawa, and 4 days osaka/kyoto.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #7880
Greater Supremacy Member

i'm doing 2 days nagoya, 2 days takayama, 2 days kanazawa, and 4 days osaka/kyoto.
gonna hoot JR pass for this trip?
Old 12-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #7881

Hi all, would like to seek your advice on our trip please, going Japan for honeymoon from 12-22 March. Advice on accommodation, places to go and things to look out for welcomed~

We are first-timers and mainly interested in shopping, food, sightseeing (nature, a few shrines, no museums) and activities/ experience. How many days should we stay in each city?

Tokyo
Shibuya 109 + cat Street?
Harajuku + Ikebukuro
Shinjuku
Akihabara
Ginza
Asakusa
Mt fuji?
Sanrio puroland
Odaiba
Ramen museum
Doraemon museum

Kyoto
Kimono rental
Arashiyama bamboo forest
Nishiki market for food
Fushimi inari shrine
Philosopher's path

Osaka
Shinsaibashi shopping mall
Den den town?
Dotonbori
Don Quijote
Instant ramen museum at Ikeda
Gudetama cafe
Universal studios japan
Old 12-01-2018, 03:55 PM   #7882
Master Member

when will you be in kyoto? not sure if philosopher's path will have sakura till late march. otherwise, it will just be bare and very sad trees lol.

if you've not been to kyoto, can consider kinkakuji too. for osaka, can consider the kuromon ichiba market.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #7883

when will you be in kyoto? not sure if philosopher's path will have sakura till late march. otherwise, it will just be bare and very sad trees lol.

if you've not been to kyoto, can consider kinkakuji too. for osaka, can consider the kuromon ichiba market.
OP is going 12-22 March as indicated in his/her post.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #7884
Supremacy Member

gonna hoot JR pass for this trip?
yup
4 days osaka/kyoto will use Kansai Thru Pass. will also make one day trip to himeji. just nice fully utilize this pass.

the rest of 6 days will be covered by Takayama-Hokuriku Area pass.
will cover Kanazawa, Takayama, Shirakawago Village and Nagoya
Illusionist_85 likes this.

Last edited by Crescy; 12-01-2018 at 04:17 PM..
Old 12-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #7885
High Supremacy Member

12-22 too early for sakura most likely.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:21 PM   #7886

Hi all, would like to seek your advice on our trip please, going Japan for honeymoon from 12-22 March. Advice on accommodation, places to go and things to look out for welcomed~

We are first-timers and mainly interested in shopping, food, sightseeing (nature, a few shrines, no museums) and activities/ experience. How many days should we stay in each city?

Tokyo
Harajuku + Ikebukuro
Shinjuku
Akihabara
Ginza
Asakusa
Mt fuji?
Sanrio puroland
Odaiba
Ramen museum
Doraemon museum

Kyoto
Kimono rental
Arashiyama bamboo forest
Nishiki market for food
Fushimi inari shrine
Philosopher's path

Osaka
Den den town?
Dotonbori
Don Quijote
Gudetama cafe
Universal studios japan
Don’t like museums but yet you’re going to 3 museums? Cat Street is in Harajuku side.

You only have 9 full days, minus 2 days (first and last) for flights and you wish to go to so many places? USJ and Sanrio Puroland are day trips. Fujiko F Fujio Museum + Ramen Museum would be at least half to full day trips. I suppose you meant Fuji Five Lakes. That’s another full day trip.

Ginza + Akiba + Asakusa can be together. Unless you’re super anime fan, could spend a full day in Akiba (been there, done that).

I’ve not heard of Shinsaibashi street having a mall. The whole street is a shopping street. As mentioned, Philosopher’s Path is only beautiful when the sakura trees are in full bloom. The whole “bamboo forest” is less than 20min walk. So I guess you’re just allocating 1D for Kyoto part.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:31 PM   #7887
Supremacy Member

Tokyo
Harajuku + Ikebukuro
Shinjuku
Akihabara
Ginza
Asakusa
Mt fuji?
Sanrio puroland
Odaiba
Ramen museum
Doraemon museum

Kyoto
Kimono rental
Arashiyama bamboo forest
Nishiki market for food
Fushimi inari shrine
Philosopher's path

Osaka
Den den town?
Dotonbori
Don Quijote
Gudetama cafe
Universal studios japan
Kyoto can go Kiyomizudera, Yasaka Shrine, Higashimaya District, Gion
these few places very close each other.. one day can cover all by foot.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #7888
Supremacy Member

Don’t like museums but yet you’re going to 3 museums? Cat Street is in Harajuku side.

You only have 9 full days, minus 2 days (first and last) for flights and you wish to go to so many places? USJ and Sanrio Puroland are day trips. Fujiko F Fujio Museum + Ramen Museum would be at least half to full day trips. I suppose you meant Fuji Five Lakes. That’s another full day trip.

Ginza + Akiba + Asakusa can be together. Unless you’re super anime fan, could spend a full day in Akiba (been there, done that).

I’ve not heard of Shinsaibashi street having a mall. The whole street is a shopping street. As mentioned, Philosopher’s Path is only beautiful when the sakura trees are in full bloom. The whole “bamboo forest” is less than 20min walk. So I guess you’re just allocating 1D for Kyoto part.
No la.. i think he just shortlisted all the possible places he can visit..
i do that too.
normally i will map out all the attractions on google map then do the planning from there.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:54 PM   #7889
Master Member

OP is going 12-22 March as indicated in his/her post.
yup but he didn't indicate when exactly for kyoto. in any case, probably too early unless he were to do it at the end of his trip.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #7890
Greater Supremacy Member

yup
4 days osaka/kyoto will use Kansai Thru Pass. will also make one day trip to himeji. just nice fully utilize this pass.

the rest of 6 days will be covered by Takayama-Hokuriku Area pass.
will cover Kanazawa, Takayama, Shirakawago Village and Nagoya
thanks mate, probably getting that Takayama-Hokuriku Area pass too
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.