Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2018, 07:34 AM   #7936
Great Supremacy Member

Is it too cold then?
Grrr, Europe in September I rly rly rly dislike, so I was hoping to not make weather mistakes. Prefer Apr/May weather in Europe and some friends told me weather similar in Japan during that time.

But tickets to osaka prices so close to France 😅
Kara going?

Recently I book sq for late Oct to Nov trip for 2a and one infant.. Arrive hnd and depart kix for 1588.80.
Old 18-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #7937
Master Member

Anyone have any thoughts on these shortlisted restaurants for one single Wagyu dinner in Tokyo? The hotel I'm staying in doesn't have a concierge so I'm fully dependent on queue-only or internet-reservations-only places.

Kobe Beef Kaiseki 511 (3.58) •13,800-15,800/pax.
Ginza Ukai-Tei (4.22) •19,440-29,160/pax.
Satou Steak (3.59) Not sure how much, •10-15k I guess.
Karyu (4.20) •26,500 incl. TableAll charge

Any other recommendations? Teppanyaki/Steak only, not interested in Yakiniku.
Those with tabelog score >4 is considered Godly
Old 18-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #7938

For me, i will try to aim for high tabelog score.
Ukai Tei or Kryu are both to consider. The rest maybe not since the score is average.
I went into a random Yakiniku restaurant in Osaka, cooked it myself, and it still tasted like melted butter. I think the quality of their meat is so high, any cook or any restaurant will taste delicious to our Singaporean mouths. One of the reasons why I did not rely on tabelog too much as well.

But there is some bad ramen out there as well, so...
Old 18-01-2018, 09:43 AM   #7939

I just randomly bought a flight ticket to Japan yesterday. Flying off Sunday midnight night. Will there be any tourists sim card available for sale there? Reaching there early morning on Monday at Haneda Airport. Also what's the most convenient way to get to shinjuku from the airport. Thanks alot.
Old 18-01-2018, 10:04 AM   #7940
Master Member

I just randomly bought a flight ticket to Japan yesterday. Flying off Sunday midnight night. Will there be any tourists sim card available for sale there? Reaching there early morning on Monday at Haneda Airport. Also what's the most convenient way to get to shinjuku from the airport. Thanks alot.
Yes SIM card is readily available there but you can buy Starhub prepaid here and activate dataroam. Cheaper and performance is good. Check the other thread on this.

Haneda to Shinjuku is about 45mins by limousine bus.
Old 18-01-2018, 10:15 AM   #7941

wow a random trip to Japan, I like your style.

If you are planning to buy JR Pass before your flight this Sunday, you can activate it at Haneda Airport.

First you would need to board the train to Shinagawa on the Keikyu Line which cost about •410. Then you can use JR Pass to board the Yamanote Line to Shinjuku.
Old 18-01-2018, 01:31 PM   #7942

Yes SIM card is readily available there but you can buy Starhub prepaid here and activate dataroam. Cheaper and performance is good. Check the other thread on this.

Haneda to Shinjuku is about 45mins by limousine bus.
Alright. I will check out the starhub prepaid card. Will read more about the limousine bus too. Thanks alot !
Old 18-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #7943

wow a random trip to Japan, I like your style.

If you are planning to buy JR Pass before your flight this Sunday, you can activate it at Haneda Airport.

First you would need to board the train to Shinagawa on the Keikyu Line which cost about •410. Then you can use JR Pass to board the Yamanote Line to Shinjuku.
Cool , thanks for the detailed info. I will read up more about it. I haven't been to Japan before lol, yes abit impromptu trip. Haha
Old 18-01-2018, 11:36 PM   #7944
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any things to be careful of if staying in airbnb in tokyo

Sent from Kupoooo using GAGT
Old 19-01-2018, 12:09 AM   #7945
Supremacy Member

Any things to be careful of if staying in airbnb in tokyo

Sent from Kupoooo using GAGT
Be careful of disturbing your neighbors

Sent from using GAGT
Old 19-01-2018, 12:10 AM   #7946
Master Member

Thinking of a 15D14N solo trip to Japan, around mid Apr to early May.
Tokyo-Osaka-Kyoto.

First time there. Any comment on this? How would the weather be like? Would it be too long for first timer like me? Golden week in May?! Felt a bit lost coz there are too many things to do there.

Thanks in advance.
darkdevil likes this.
Old 19-01-2018, 12:11 AM   #7947

How many days for your trip? And where are you heading to? Are you staying just in Tokyo? If yes, don't bother buying a JR Pass.
Old 19-01-2018, 12:14 AM   #7948

Thinking of a 15D14N solo trip to Japan, around mid Apr to early May.
Tokyo-Osaka-Kyoto.

First time there. Any comment on this? How would the weather be like? Would it be too long for first timer like me? Golden week in May?! Felt a bit lost coz there are too many things to do there.

Thanks in advance.
This year's Golden Week is a super long weekend for the locals - 29 April to 5 May, extend that to 7 May.

Will be good if you don't need to travel around, stay within Tokyo or Osaka, whichever is your flight out back to SG.
Old 19-01-2018, 12:19 AM   #7949
Master Member

This year's Golden Week is a super long weekend for the locals - 29 April to 5 May, extend that to 7 May.

Will be good if you don't need to travel around, stay within Tokyo or Osaka, whichever is your flight out back to SG.
Any particular reason why stay within the city? Transportation will be an issue? If thatís the case then 15D14N might be too long for a city le.
Old 19-01-2018, 12:51 AM   #7950

Any particular reason why stay within the city? Transportation will be an issue? If thatís the case then 15D14N might be too long for a city le.
Yes, travel is an issue. Was there during GW two years ago, did day trips and it was horrible. The roads were all jammed. Bus ride was supposed to be less than 30 min but we ended up at the venue after a two-hour jam. So in the event if you need to travel via bus or train, just be aware of jams via road and standing throughout the whole journey if youíre taking Shinkansen or Limited Express trains.

You can travel to other cities, itís your decision after all. Just saying it would be easier to stay in the city during those days (not for the whole trip) since thereís a lot of things to do and see for a first timer.

By the way thereís a lot of things to do in Tokyo. Iíve done a two-weeks trip before (just Tokyo alone) and still felt it wasnít enough.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.