HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #8011
Supremacy Member

to or from? the snowstorm very heavy wor.. can claim insurance liaos?
look at small print of ur package
normally YES ...can claim
Old 23-01-2018, 08:35 PM   #8012
Master Member

Thinking of a 15D14N solo trip to Japan, around mid Apr to early May.
Tokyo-Osaka-Kyoto.

First time there. Any comment on this? How would the weather be like? Would it be too long for first timer like me? Golden week in May?! Felt a bit lost coz there are too many things to do there.

Thanks in advance.
I change question again, same duration, drop Osaka and Kyoto (leave them for Kansai trip next time) but cover places like Hakone, Nagoya, Shirakawa, Gokayama, Takayama and/or Kanazawa?

Afterall, the 14-day JR nationwide pass very expensive

Would it be too long? Relax or too rush? Need some opinions...
Old 23-01-2018, 09:57 PM   #8013

yes...u can do it before u leave TDL/TDS at ticket booth
Thanks for the feedback!!

Next question which just came up my mind as there was volcanic activity in Kusatsu area..

Next monday I will be staying a night there.. in Kusatsu it is already level 3 for the grading of the "Volcanic activity" worst is 5 which is to leave area..

I booked my hotel in Rakuten, and if due to the volcanic activity, does Rakuten do a refund? What about insurance which I purchased from Changi Recommend? Do you all think can claim?

Thanks in advance!
Old 24-01-2018, 09:02 AM   #8014
Arch-Supremacy Member

I change question again, same duration, drop Osaka and Kyoto (leave them for Kansai trip next time) but cover places like Hakone, Nagoya, Shirakawa, Gokayama, Takayama and/or Kanazawa?

if you have been to tokyo before, then 14 days to cover these places is quite ok imo.
Old 24-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #8015
Master Member

yes...u can do it before u leave TDL/TDS at ticket booth
Weather is one thing but crowd level is also important. Check http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/ before you make your trip.

I'd recommend TDS first as TDL has quite a few attractions that are closed hence increasing the crowd level at other areas.
Old 24-01-2018, 10:57 AM   #8016
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the feedback!!

Next question which just came up my mind as there was volcanic activity in Kusatsu area..

Next monday I will be staying a night there.. in Kusatsu it is already level 3 for the grading of the "Volcanic activity" worst is 5 which is to leave area..

I booked my hotel in Rakuten, and if due to the volcanic activity, does Rakuten do a refund? What about insurance which I purchased from Changi Recommend? Do you all think can claim?

Thanks in advance!
it is better to ask ur insurer n hotel concierge
Old 24-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #8017

If you donít wanna travel too far or spend too much on travel passes, 14D in Tokyo then. Thereís enough things for you to do within the city and Greater Tokyo Area.

Or if you really really want to go for day trips or super short trip, you can consider Tokyo Wide Pass. •10,000 for 3 consecutive days.

You can visit Ashikaga Flower Park or Hitachi Seaside Park or Kawaguchiko or as far as going to Boso Peninsula or Karuizawa.

https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/tokyowidepass/
Old 24-01-2018, 11:33 AM   #8018
Master Member

If you donít wanna travel too far or spend too much on travel passes, 14D in Tokyo then. Thereís enough things for you to do within the city and Greater Tokyo Area.

Or if you really really want to go for day trips or super short trip, you can consider Tokyo Wide Pass. •10,000 for 3 consecutive days.

You can visit Ashikaga Flower Park or Hitachi Seaside Park or Kawaguchiko or as far as going to Boso Peninsula or Karuizawa.

https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/tokyowidepass/
Thanks for the feedback again! Much appreciated!
Old 25-01-2018, 10:05 AM   #8019
Master Member

Can I check if narita airport sells more snacks compared to kansai airport in Osaka? Because I'm flying into narita and departing from kansai, so I'm thinking if I should buy those popular snacks (potato fries etc) in narita before going to city area?

Or both narita and kansai sell similar food?

Sent from dala dala using GAGT
Old 25-01-2018, 10:11 AM   #8020
Master Member

Can I check if narita airport sells more snacks compared to kansai airport in Osaka? Because I'm flying into narita and departing from kansai, so I'm thinking if I should buy those popular snacks (potato fries etc) in narita before going to city area?

I think it's slightly different although the popular ones are there like Tokyo Banana, Shiroi Kobito, etc. KIX will have their own specialty snacks. Maybe you can buy a few at Narita, eat during your trip, and stock up when you depart at KIX?
Old 25-01-2018, 11:36 AM   #8021
Master Member

I think it's slightly different although the popular ones are there like Tokyo Banana, Shiroi Kobito, etc. KIX will have their own specialty snacks. Maybe you can buy a few at Narita, eat during your trip, and stock up when you depart at KIX?
Haha I'm actually intend to buy first to bring home! I'm note interested in the Hokkaido potato fried only, worried if I can't find in Tokyo city and OOS when I depart.

Old 25-01-2018, 07:00 PM   #8022

Haha I'm actually intend to buy first to bring home! I'm note interested in the Hokkaido potato fried only, worried if I can't find in Tokyo city and OOS when I depart.

Just came back from Osaka last Dec. Mine was a morning flight. It took me a while to find the Hokkaido Potato farm. After searching many shops; finally found it at BLUE SKY. The limit was 5 boxes per pax. I bought it at around 9+am and it was already finishing.
Old 25-01-2018, 09:44 PM   #8023
Master Member

Kix not vgd and the duty free close at 9pm when i was there last time. Not sure if still the same.
Old 26-01-2018, 09:34 AM   #8024
Supremacy Member

to or from? the snowstorm very heavy wor.. can claim insurance liaos?
from SG to Haneda. Try to claim gao gao
Old 26-01-2018, 10:00 AM   #8025

Which is a good site to track sakura forecast? Preferably one that is updated rather than average for the past years.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.