HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2018, 06:46 PM   #8056
Suspended

first time going to Japan in April 2018 with 2 kids (3 years old and 1 year old with stroller) and 3 adults (including me). anyone went Japan before can give some recommendations for places and comments for the below itinerary ? thanks

is it advisable to buy the 14 days JR pass or the 7 days JR pass when travelling from Tokyo to Kyoto and Kyoto to Tokyo?

monday
SIN to HND - arrives at 4PM
HND to Airbnb (stay near Meguro station for 5 nights)
evening time will explore around there for dinner

tuesday
Meguro to Harajuku station
-Shinjuku Gyoen, Yoyogi park, Meiji shrine
evening time will be Shibuya

wednesday
Meguro to Shinbashi station
-Tsukiji fish market
-Tokyo tower
evening time will be Ginza

thursday
Meguro to Asakusa station
-Sensoji temple, Nakamise and Kappabashi shopping street

friday
Lake Kawaguchiko

saturday
check-out at 10am and go to Kyoto via bullet train and stay at Gion Ryokan Q-beh for 5 nights
evening time will go Fushimi Inari Shrine

sunday
Gion-Shijo station to Nara park

monday
Gion-shijo station to Arashiyama
-monkey park, bamboo groove
-Kinkakuji temple

tuesday
Osaka
-Kuromon market
-Tenjinbashisuji Shopping Street
-Namba city mall

wednesday
Gion-Shijo station to ikeda-shi cup noodle museum
Shinsaibashi suji shopping , Dotonbori

thursday
check-out at 10am and go back to Tokyo (stay at Hiyori Hotel Maihama for 3 nights)
evening will explore around hotel for dinner

friday
Disneyland

saturday
Ghibli museum

sunday
check-out at 10am and explore around hotel and go to HND (flight to SIN at 5PM)
Old 30-01-2018, 11:48 PM   #8057

Hi I would like to know how to get to Shin Osaka from kansai airport? Only by haruka line which is 50 min ride? Im going tokyo the next day from shin osaka via shinkasen.
Old 31-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #8058
Master Member

Having some problem finding accommodation in Kyoto in mid April. Most hotels are already fully booked and rates have also sky rocketed. Think its because of demand more than supply.
Old 31-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #8059
Arch-Supremacy Member

saturday
Ghibli museum

sunday
check-out at 10am and explore around hotel and go to HND (flight to SIN at 5PM)
what is your intended enterance time on sat for your ghibli tix?

Last edited by BigMonkey; 31-01-2018 at 12:15 PM..
Old 31-01-2018, 12:18 PM   #8060
High Supremacy Member

Hi I would like to know how to get to Shin Osaka from kansai airport? Only by haruka line which is 50 min ride? Im going tokyo the next day from shin osaka via shinkasen.
Haruka line under JR.

Next alternative is nankai train to namba, transfer to osaka municipal train on midosuji line.
Old 31-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #8061
Suspended

what is your intended enterance time on sat for your ghibli tix?
At 10.30am
Old 31-01-2018, 03:03 PM   #8062
Master Member

first time going to Japan in April 2018 with 2 kids (3 years old and 1 year old with stroller) and 3 adults (including me). anyone went Japan before can give some recommendations for places and comments for the below itinerary ? thanks

is it advisable to buy the 14 days JR pass or the 7 days JR pass when travelling from Tokyo to Kyoto and Kyoto to Tokyo?
Do you really need to go to Kyoto for your trip? Most of the passageways and temples are not stroller friendly. Roads are also quite small and bumpy (cobblestones) so if you are bringing along a light stroller, the wheels will often get stuck.

Personally, I would highly recommend just Tokyo and its surrounding areas such as Yokohama, Kamakura, Hakone, Kawaguchiko, etc. Based on your plan, you're trying to fit in too much which is fine for singles/couples but maybe tiring for kids.

Also, I wouldn't recommend Hiyori Hotel Maihama as the place is quite far from public transport. There are plenty of other options that are nearer to Disney resort that doesn't cost much.

For Ghibli museum, I suggest buying the ticket online. Take note when your date is ready for sale as you need to camp online. If you are late by a few minutes/hours, chances are the tickets would have been sold out.
Old 31-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #8063

Also Kyoto is majority travel by bus. The bus is small, cramp and not luggage/stroller friendly. but if you have to, please make use of the coin lockers in the station.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:07 PM   #8064
Arch-Supremacy Member

At 10.30am
remember to fast hand fast leg when booking tix
Old 31-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #8065
Master Member

Your plan looks doable to me. You didn't really squeeze in too many places at a day. Have you booked your accommodations especially at Kyoto yet? If not, I suggest your book them ASAP because that is high tourism period and accommodations are filling up fast.
Old 31-01-2018, 11:22 PM   #8066

Haruka line under JR.

Next alternative is nankai train to namba, transfer to osaka municipal train on midosuji line.
Thanks for the headsup. Actually Im going to stay over at shin osaka for a night before heading to shinjuku as i will be arriving around 530pm local time at kansai airport. So dun wanna risk take jr directly to tokyo, thus spending a night at shin osaka.
Any direct way to get to shinjuku from shin osaka?
Old 01-02-2018, 11:41 AM   #8067
Suspended

Do you really need to go to Kyoto for your trip? Most of the passageways and temples are not stroller friendly. Roads are also quite small and bumpy (cobblestones) so if you are bringing along a light stroller, the wheels will often get stuck.

Personally, I would highly recommend just Tokyo and its surrounding areas such as Yokohama, Kamakura, Hakone, Kawaguchiko, etc. Based on your plan, you're trying to fit in too much which is fine for singles/couples but maybe tiring for kids.

Also, I wouldn't recommend Hiyori Hotel Maihama as the place is quite far from public transport. There are plenty of other options that are nearer to Disney resort that doesn't cost much.

For Ghibli museum, I suggest buying the ticket online. Take note when your date is ready for sale as you need to camp online. If you are late by a few minutes/hours, chances are the tickets would have been sold out.
yes, i already booked Kyoto accommodations. i also have a stroller that can fold and hand carry.

Your plan looks doable to me. You didn't really squeeze in too many places at a day. Have you booked your accommodations especially at Kyoto yet? If not, I suggest your book them ASAP because that is high tourism period and accommodations are filling up fast.
yes, Gion Ryokan Q-beh at Kyoto

Also Kyoto is majority travel by bus. The bus is small, cramp and not luggage/stroller friendly. but if you have to, please make use of the coin lockers in the station.
ok. thanks.

remember to fast hand fast leg when booking tix
ok. thanks.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #8068
High Supremacy Member

Thanks for the headsup. Actually Im going to stay over at shin osaka for a night before heading to shinjuku as i will be arriving around 530pm local time at kansai airport. So dun wanna risk take jr directly to tokyo, thus spending a night at shin osaka.
Any direct way to get to shinjuku from shin osaka?
Bus is your best bet if you are dead on 'direct'

Fastest transport is to take shinkasen on tokaido shinkasen line from shin osaka Station to Shinagawa Station before transferring to JR normal train on yamanote line.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #8069

I think you might have missed this. A great value, convenient ticket that covers all transport links between Dentetsu Toyama Station and Nagano Station.

https://www.alpen-route.com/en/transport_new/fares.html

Just to update. The option tix covers the Alpico express bus bound for Ogizawa but with timing restriction. So if u want to reach early to avoid the crowd, need to pay 2600 yen more....

https://www.alpen-route.com/en/pleas...%93%e6%97%a5-2
Old 02-02-2018, 12:42 AM   #8070
Supremacy Member

Hellooo, Just wanna update you that the bus will be very crowded...
The picture below is for non-peak season.

if u can afford, take taxi better...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.