HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2018, 09:58 AM   #8071

hi all gurus

going for my 2nd osaka trip but 1st time to USJ so am wondering what kind of passes including entrance tickets i need to get in order to shorten the waiting time for rides and the expected price range so i can plan my budget

basically will be going for minions ride and maybe some other interesting rides included in the park itself, no need harry porter and main priority is the new universal cool japan 2018 rides which we will be going for ff xr and monster hunter world only

thank you all
Old 02-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #8072
Master Member

Not only Kyoto but Kawaguchiko is also very crowded for non-peak season. The famous retro bus that goes to most sightseeing places always has a long queue and is not very frequent also.
civicguy likes this.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #8073

Hellooo, Just wanna update you that the bus will be very crowded...
The picture below is for non-peak season.

if u can afford, take taxi better...
man waiting for this bus was crazy. kinda miss that rush though haha.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #8074
Supremacy Member

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...atal-eruption/

The Meteorological Agency raised the warning level ... on Mount Zao ... to 2 from 1, meaning people should avoid going near the crater.

“There is a possibility of a small-scale eruption,” the agency said in a statement, noting that a number of small earth movements were detected Tuesday, along with a slight bulging of the ground in one area.

It also warned of the possibility that volcanic rocks could be jettisoned as far as 1.2 km in an eruption.
Exactly a week to go before my trip to Zao Onsen. Wondering if I should change plans.

Quote from SnowJapan: "You might have seen on the news about the volcano alert level at the nearby crater being raised yesterday. Hmmm. No other information for you on that, other than... life goes on as normal and there has been no 'events' to relay. Zao Onsen village is about 5km away from the area concerned and the tourism office has issued an announcement that we are 'unaffected'. We live with these things here in Japan!"

Regardless of this, 5km is like Raffles Place to Boon Keng only, wonder if it's prudent to ski so near a volcano that has an eruption imminent even if the met agencies say it will only be a small one ...
Old 04-02-2018, 05:46 PM   #8075
Suspended

Is it easy to get hot water and find baby room in Japan? (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka)
Old 04-02-2018, 06:54 PM   #8076
High Supremacy Member

Should be quite easy to see them in departmental stores. You can also ask for hot water quite easily at places that make hot drinks

Even theme parks have them iirc
Old 05-02-2018, 04:52 PM   #8077

Any recommendation for wifi router, previous trip to Japan i tried global advance communication (GAC) but this round i may opt for Changi recommends which is only $29 compare to GAC which is $100 plus. Any 1 tried both of this router before ??
Old 05-02-2018, 10:49 PM   #8078
Master Member

will be heading to Fuji Kawaguchiko from tokyo and staying at Hotel Gengo for a night. is it advisable/more worth it to rent a car to travel to-and-fro as well as exploring the Fuji area? (total 3 adults)
Old 05-02-2018, 10:53 PM   #8079
Supremacy Member

Anyone did a day trip to Koyou Ryokan at Hayama/Kaminoyama-onsen before by any chance?

Trying to book a meal plan + onsen day use but can't quite figure out the online booking system (and they aren't replying my emails ...)
Old 06-02-2018, 01:34 AM   #8080
High Supremacy Member

oh the natural "anti-gaijin" web systems....

some sites might even go to the length of asking of valid ID or Japan only phone number.

Depending if they have the english speaking staff on hand to handle your group, they might not reply you. I know this sound like 1990s style of Japan but they sometimes do the whole "I can't serve you properly so I rather don't try"

edit : took a quick glance, the reservations are for stays. You have friends who did a day spa+meal there before?

Last edited by cancer81; 06-02-2018 at 01:57 AM..
Old 06-02-2018, 07:32 AM   #8081
Supremacy Member

edit : took a quick glance, the reservations are for stays. You have friends who did a day spa+meal there before?
No, only came across it through this gaijin's website: https://en.japantravel.com/yamagata/...sen-hotel/6291

Cos I'll be in zao onsen, and this ryokan is on the same shinkansen line going back to Tokyo, so I thought I'd try to spend the day there.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:35 AM   #8082

Need a bit of help from gurus

Which day (Mon to Fri) is not so crowded for Disneyland Japan ?

Any idea which tour bus package got Chinese guide for Mt Fuji 1 day tour as now the only tour HIS do provide Ipad with video translation service.

Going on 16/10 to 22/10 with 2 elderly (Both 60+)

Thank in advance.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #8083
Supremacy Member

Need a bit of help from gurus

Which day (Mon to Fri) is not so crowded for Disneyland Japan ?

Any idea which tour bus package got Chinese guide for Mt Fuji 1 day tour as now the only tour HIS do provide Ipad with video translation service.

Going on 16/10 to 22/10 with 2 elderly (Both 60+)

Thank in advance.
You can Google for a TDL crowd calendar

Sent from using GAGT
Old 06-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #8084
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hiroshima is snowing now
Old 06-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #8085

Any recommendation for wifi router, previous trip to Japan i tried global advance communication (GAC) but this round i may opt for Changi recommends which is only $29 compare to GAC which is $100 plus. Any 1 tried both of this router before ??
Can't comment on GAC but i have used Changi recommends twice to Japan and it has served me well, battery lasted for the whole day for normal usage, 2-3 devices connected per router. The only instance when the battery ran out was when my friend watched videos for long period of time.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.