HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2013, 12:18 AM   #796
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi after a week at kyoto , takayama and hakone, my family will be spending 3 days at tokyo. Here my planning, it is more on shopping for my wife, can advise i miss out any thing? i am travelling with my wife and a kid.

7 dec - reach hotel at shinjuku at 6pm. so i have a evening to spend,
Odakyu stores > Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office
8 dec- Ueno>Akihabra>Asakusa
9 dec- Shibuya, any other places i can add on?
10 dec- going to check in at DINSEY hotel at around 3 pm to 4pm, so what can i do with few hours near shinjuku?

thanks
Are you going to Harajuku as well ?
Old 17-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #797

hi...

will be in tokyo 16dec-21st dec
21dec - 25th dec in osaka.. flying back from osaka

planning to go kyoto, nara from osaka..

and planning to go disneysea

do u think the JR pass will be worth it?
Old 17-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #798
Supremacy Member

can take peach. =)
7980 yen only.
Old 17-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #799

Are you going to Harajuku as well ?
nope, not going there.
Old 18-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #800

any idea if japan airport DFS got Pandora? and is it cheaper then sg?
Old 19-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #801

May I know which maid cafe in Tokyo can cater up to 29 people in one go?
Old 19-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #802

need help planning of trip! :)

Hi there guys!

i just recently booked my flight from singapore to japan and my duration of the trip is 2weeks. i have a budget of lets say 4k. but when staying in Tokyo i will be staying in my aunt house for maybe 3-4days. so i need some help in planning of my trip as its been a long time since i visited japan 10years ago was the last time i visited japan :/

My friend and i age 20 and 22

going on 9march - 23march

well :/ we actually intend a mixture of everything and we dont mind travelling to other parts of japan during the trip ;x cause its our 1st time going overseas on our own haha

we intend to go disneysea and disneyland haha :x its been a long time since we been there. If its possible we would like to see some anime stuff (naruto, one piece and bleach) and pokemon! if its possible
thanks!
Old 19-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #803
Master Member

7 days in Tokyo

- created a thread instead -
cpuer likes this.

Last edited by maumu; 19-11-2013 at 11:14 PM..
Old 19-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #804
Supremacy Member

my end of the year trip, i am gonna go to atami via tokyo using sks for a night event.

and i expect once that event is over, the que to buy the sks tickets back to tokyo might be quite long.

I am planning to buy the ticket first and keep when i arrive, so when i go home later in the night I don't have to waste time queing. Is there a time limit or train specific thing that might render my ticket usable ? its 4000 yen each direction ... don't want to waste money
Old 19-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #805
Arch-Supremacy Member

my end of the year trip, i am gonna go to atami via tokyo using sks for a night event.

and i expect once that event is over, the que to buy the sks tickets back to tokyo might be quite long.

I am planning to buy the ticket first and keep when i arrive, so when i go home later in the night I don't have to waste time queing. Is there a time limit or train specific thing that might render my ticket usable ? its 4000 yen each direction ... don't want to waste money
sks is shinkansen?
Old 19-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #806
Supremacy Member

sks is shinkansen?
that is correct
Old 23-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #807

Has anyone successfully placed an order for the nexus 5 on google play japan from singapore?

I successfully placed my order but it was canceled without any notification from them...

Would anyone know why this is so?
Old 23-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #808
Master Member

hi all,

am planning a trip early next year.

Would like to advice for itinerary. We are mostly spending time in Tokyo and outlying areas such as Disney Sea,Disney Land, Factory Outlet Store.

We are looking at 7days 6N trip with shopping and sightseeing. since its free and easy, we will be purchasing the travel pass... which is better or recommended?

1) We are flying by JAL and landing in Haneda Airport, will it be difficult to find the airport express bus from there?

2) We are still considering which location to stay. In terms of value is Ueno district still better? My wife prefers Shibuya.

3) I'm planning to cover tokyo in terms of area - central, west, east, north and south. Would it be overkill? Alot of shopping centres but all repeated?

4) In terms of dining, would it be rude to point at what we order? we can't speak japanese.

5) i'm intending to go guitar shopping in Ozanomisu. Can the guitar be hand carried onto the plane without purchasing extra seat? anybody with experience please share.

Thanks for reading!
Old 23-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #809
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi all,

Would like to advice for itinerary. We are mostly spending time in Tokyo and outlying areas such as Disney Sea,Disney Land, Factory Outlet Store.

We are looking at 7days 6N trip with shopping and sightseeing. since its free and easy, we will be purchasing the travel pass... which is better or recommended?

1) We are flying by JAL and landing in Haneda Airport, will it be difficult to find the airport express bus from there?

2) We are still considering which location to stay. In terms of value is Ueno district still better? My wife prefers Shibuya.

3) I'm planning to cover tokyo in terms of area - central, west, east, north and south. Would it be overkill? Alot of shopping centres but all repeated?

4) In terms of dining, would it be rude to point at what we order? we can't speak japanese.

5) i'm intending to go guitar shopping in Ozanomisu. Can the guitar be hand carried onto the plane without purchasing extra seat? anybody with experience please share.

Thanks for reading!
Japanese Body Language And Gestures | Tofugu
I learned that Japanese use their whole hand to point. Don't use a finger.
Old 23-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #810
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi all,

[u definitely do not need the 7-days JR pass or JR kanto pass coz these are only worth it for long trips on the shinkansen. u can consider 1 or 2-days metro pass for travel within the city. i personally do not go for any passes within city coz i find it too restrictive. certain places are more accessible by JR yamanote line, while other are near subway lines... so i dun wanna be tied down by a particular train operator]

[i have not taken the bus before, but i guess it shldnt be a problem. airports will have english speaking staff to help]

[shibuya is probably a more expensive place to stay, but u will have more places to shop at night. most of the shops in ueno closes early]

[will need to see ur itinerary to decided if it is an overkill and too packed. but i think 7 days shld be comfortable for covering the popular places in tokyo]

[some restaurants have english menus. most have displays outside, so u can just snap a picture of the food u wan show it to the staff]

Thanks for reading!
comments above
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.