Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espedine

Reaction score
Will be heading to Tokyo from Osaka on 10/3. Flight back to sg is on 11/3 11am.. Pls recommend which area to stay at considering it is only 1 day 1 night.. Thank you!

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be heading to Tokyo from Osaka on 10/3. Flight back to sg is on 11/3 11am.. Pls recommend which area to stay at considering it is only 1 day 1 night.. Thank you!

See Empire Hotel at Shinjuku suits you or not. It's a 1 star hotel. For one night shouldn't be any problem. I stayed there for 12 nights in early Dec. Nearest station is Shin-Okubo. One stop above Shinjuku on Yamanote Line.

http://goo.gl/maps/Ermf6

samtcy

Master Member
Reaction score

If you are planning to take the Narita Express train from Tokyo to Narita Airport, then consider staying near Tokyo, Shinagawa, Shibuya, or Shinjuku station.

Since I assume you will be taking Shinkansen back from Osaka, so why not try to see if you can find a reasonably priced hotel near Shinagawa station?
Because Shinagawa station has direct access to both Shinkansen as well as Narita Express train. Even if you are using Haneda Airport instead of Narita Airport, there is the direct Keikyu train from Shinagawa station as well.

Maybe try the Toyoko-inn branch opposite Shinagawa station:
????????????????????????? - ????????

Or you can try this other hotel (more expensive that Toyoko-inn though) also located opposite Shinagawa station:
SHINAGAWA GOOS????? ?????????

samtcy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, will like to check whether is it advisable to buy admission tickets online to universal studios and Disneysea or to just buy when we reach the entrance? is it very crowd to buy at entrance? Thanks!!!

Personally, I'd rather buy the tickets before I arrive at Disneyland/Disneysea.
Because the crowds to enter the themepark is already pretty long, so imagine if you have to go queue to buy tickets, then join another queue to enter the themepark.

DSC_0209.jpg

This is how it looks like when queueing to enter Disneysea.

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather buy the tickets before I arrive at Disneyland/Disneysea.
Because the crowds to enter the themepark is already pretty long, so imagine if you have to go queue to buy tickets, then join another queue to enter the themepark.

DSC_0209.jpg

This is how it looks like when queueing to enter Disneysea.

I was pretty lucky that the queue was not that insane. It was during last year Dec which was at late morning.

It's only the queue at sushi dai which was damn insane during my trip. haha..

Espedine

Reaction score
If you are planning to take the Narita Express train from Tokyo to Narita Airport, then consider staying near Tokyo, Shinagawa, Shibuya, or Shinjuku station.

Since I assume you will be taking Shinkansen back from Osaka, so why not try to see if you can find a reasonably priced hotel near Shinagawa station?
Because Shinagawa station has direct access to both Shinkansen as well as Narita Express train. Even if you are using Haneda Airport instead of Narita Airport, there is the direct Keikyu train from Shinagawa station as well.

Maybe try the Toyoko-inn branch opposite Shinagawa station:
????????????????????????? - ????????

Or you can try this other hotel (more expensive that Toyoko-inn though) also located opposite Shinagawa station:
SHINAGAWA GOOS????? ?????????
Thank you! Am now deciding between Shinagawa & Ueno. Read online that it's cheaper to get to Narita from Ueno? Also, which is more happening at night and early morning? Would like to use up my remaining time there as much as possible. Hotel just for luggages and showers haha

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Am now deciding between Shinagawa & Ueno. Read online that it's cheaper to get to Narita from Ueno? Also, which is more happening at night and early morning? Would like to use up my remaining time there as much as possible. Hotel just for luggages and showers haha

Happening is shinjuku

Ueno is ok lah so so nothing much

samtcy

Master Member
Reaction score

From Ueno, you can take the Keisei Skyliner train (2400yen, non-JR train) to Narita Airport from Ueno's Keisei station.

From Shinagawa station, you can take the Narita Express (3110yen, JR train) to Narita Airport.

If you are using JR Pass and you still have JR pass coverage for your last day to cover your journey to Narita Airport, then you should use Narita Express since it's a JR train...whereas Keisei Skyliner is a non-JR train, therefore is not covered by JR pass.

If you are arriving Tokyo from Osaka the day before, the Shinkansen from Osaka will stop at Shinagawa station, but not Ueno. You will have to transfer train to reach Ueno. If you are carrying luggage, you might want to avoid taking regular trains and subways during rush hours on weekdays. Which is also why I suggested Shinagawa.

There's nothing much in Shinagawa station area, just back to hotel for sleep/shower...etc.
There's somewhat more stuffs for Ueno area though, since there's Ueno park, Ameyoko...

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shinjuku is more for nightlife; espically at Kabukicho.

Again, Kabukicho might be a "dangerous" place unless travelled in group.

My advise for anyone who enters Kabukicho alone is to avoid any and all touts. Go there just to experience is okay but dun ever accept anything the touts offer.

kamipify

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where to get cheap bento for supper, is it available at all departments store?

samtcy

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where to get cheap bento for supper, is it available at all departments store?

I usually just go convenience store to buy bento for supper.
They can microwave hot for you.

Dept stores usually close pretty early, around 8pm.

kamipify

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I usually just go convenience store to buy bento for supper.
They can microwave hot for you.

Dept stores usually close pretty early, around 8pm.

kk thx
i am surprise they close quite early expect them to open till 9

Mistic

Reaction score
Most likely cfm need to outstation to Jp ....

currently HR is looking at $150SGD /day as allowances.

Is it gd? or should I request for more? n how much more?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My advise for anyone who enters Kabukicho alone is to avoid any and all touts. Go there just to experience is okay but dun ever accept anything the touts offer.

Is this the area that has Yakuzas controlling the district?

roy_li

Reaction score
shoes for osaka trip

Hi guys.. just to ask, will track shoes be able to sufficient to weather for the trip to osaka next week?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most likely cfm need to outstation to Jp ....

currently HR is looking at $150SGD /day as allowances.

Is it gd? or should I request for more? n how much more?

What is the allowance for? Food and transport only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.