Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WANGLAI

Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather buy the tickets before I arrive at Disneyland/Disneysea.
Because the crowds to enter the themepark is already pretty long, so imagine if you have to go queue to buy tickets, then join another queue to enter the themepark.

DSC_0209.jpg

This is how it looks like when queueing to enter Disneysea.

Dear Samtcy
Thanks alot for the info and advise. Will surely buy online to avoid the crowd. By the way your blog is really very informative and good. Thanks you very much. Cheers!!! :)

ronnie

Reaction score
Yeah. Definitely buy your Disneyland / Sea tickets before going. IIRC, bought mine from the Disney Store at Shinjuku Takashimaya Times Square.

Other tips for Disneyland / Sea is try to get there early. I was there like 45 mins earlier and there was already about 30 people in front of me. Went to both places on weekdays too.

To me Disneyland is more crowded than Disney Sea. Make good use of fast passes for those popular rides. Take your lunch and dinner, if you are eating there, at off peak periods.

Find out the timings for the shows and parades you are interested in so that you will not miss them. The Japanese people are very patient and some of them even chope places for the parade couple of hours before hand! Bring along a small mat for seating. Got mine from Daiso Store in Harajuku.

panDaz

Reaction score
Remember to take fast pass for toy story first thing you get into the park, if you are going Disney Sea.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
What's the best way for us to get tickets to Ghibli Museum? Only HK, Korea and TW got sell online.

shiokcars

Reaction score
Hi all,

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding to Japan.
Japan Trip Adviser here.
Been to Japan 21 times already in 4 yrs.
I'll try my best to answer. (^_^)

Not to hl, but these are the places i have been to.

Hokkaido, Niigata, Tokyo, Yokohama, Shizuoka, Gotemba,
Nagoya, Hakone, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Okayama, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Tokushima

Rules:
1) Pls quote your original message when replying so that everybody knows what's going on.

Thank you. =)

Best regards,
Can

Hi,

I am going to Tokyo in Mid Mar. I have 2 questions that need your advice:

1. Do you know whether I can rent a stroller (up to 25kg) either at the airport, Shunjuku or Shibuyu area? My kid needs his afternoon nap and we dont wanna rush back to the hotel just so that he can have his nap.

2. I have 2 kids : 8 and 5 yrs. Since taxis are ridiculously expensive, will they be able to squeeze into the subway during rush hours? Or do we have to schedule our subway trips after peak hours?

Thanks

gundamhamtaro

Reaction score
shiokcars, for question 2, my advise is not to try it. since you are in Japan to enjoy (i assume) no point in squeezing with other people in the train. It will be so crowded you cannot even hold on to your kids hand, and the working people may not notice your kid due to the crowd in the train, resulting in accidents happening. Just reschedule and take the train/subway after peak hours.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to Tokyo in Mid Mar. I have 2 questions that need your advice:

1. Do you know whether I can rent a stroller (up to 25kg) either at the airport, Shunjuku or Shibuyu area? My kid needs his afternoon nap and we dont wanna rush back to the hotel just so that he can have his nap.

2. I have 2 kids : 8 and 5 yrs. Since taxis are ridiculously expensive, will they be able to squeeze into the subway during rush hours? Or do we have to schedule our subway trips after peak hours?

Thanks

There are stroller rentals in Japan.
¡ÚÁ´¹ñȯÁ÷Âбþ¡Û¥Ù¥Ó¡¼ÍÑÉʤÎÈÎÇ䡦¥ì¥ó¥¿¥ë¡¡:::¥Ê¥¤¥¹¥Ù¥Ó¡¼¡¡¥ì¥ó¥¿¥ë¾¦ÉÊ:::

But you can see the rental period is 2 weeks but I am sure you can return the stroller earlier. As the website is in Japanese, you can perhaps ask your hotel to arrange it for you. (But if you search on Amazon.JP, you would realise that with a bit more money, you can buy a new one.)

However, I must say that tokyo is rather stroller unfriendly. I hardly saw many families walking around with strollers, only in the parks. Tons of stairs and crowded sidewalks.

bibi88

Reaction score
Airbnb Recommendations in Shinjuku

Hi there,

any one has stayed before and have recommendations of airbnb which is located at Shinjuku area?

Appreciate your recommendations.

Thanks.

fontaine

Reaction score
shiokcars, for question 2, my advise is not to try it. since you are in Japan to enjoy (i assume) no point in squeezing with other people in the train. It will be so crowded you cannot even hold on to your kids hand, and the working people may not notice your kid due to the crowd in the train, resulting in accidents happening. Just reschedule and take the train/subway after peak hours.

Thanx for info. So it should be safe to travel in the subway between 10am to 4pm? And after 8pm? Weekends should be ok the whole day?

fontaine

Reaction score
There are stroller rentals in Japan.
¡ÚÁ´¹ñȯÁ÷Âбþ¡Û¥Ù¥Ó¡¼ÍÑÉʤÎÈÎÇ䡦¥ì¥ó¥¿¥ë¡¡:::¥Ê¥¤¥¹¥Ù¥Ó¡¼¡¡¥ì¥ó¥¿¥ë¾¦ÉÊ:::

But you can see the rental period is 2 weeks but I am sure you can return the stroller earlier. As the website is in Japanese, you can perhaps ask your hotel to arrange it for you. (But if you search on Amazon.JP, you would realise that with a bit more money, you can buy a new one.)

However, I must say that tokyo is rather stroller unfriendly. I hardly saw many families walking around with strollers, only in the parks. Tons of stairs and crowded sidewalks.

Thanks for info. Think I will give the stroller a miss. Shall start training now by carrying 2 packets of 10kg Thai rice everyday.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanx for info. So it should be safe to travel in the subway between 10am to 4pm? And after 8pm? Weekends should be ok the whole day?

Should be the similar kind of timing like in SG. also depends on whether the train is city centers bound or countryside bound.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info. Think I will give the stroller a miss. Shall start training now by carrying 2 packets of 10kg Thai rice everyday.

I guess keeping the youngest one at home is not an option for you? Some times they will piss you off by say rather than going to "gaigai" they would rather stay in the hotel room for their anime or whatever that catches their fancy :D

cutieboy86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just wanna to check as it will be my 1st time going to tokyo coming may from 16-24th may flying on scoot... planning to stay 1.5 days in hakone with a night stay in a ryokan, another 1.5-2 days in disneyland with a night stay and the rest of the days touring around tokyo...

any recommendations for ryokan in hakone and hotel in tokyo as i not too familiar with tokyo? which area to stay is better? and what are some of the places to go visit for sight seeing and shopping beside meiji shrine, shibuya, harujuku, shinjuku, ropponji, odaiba, ueno,Tsukiji Fish Market

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just wanna to check as it will be my 1st time going to tokyo coming may from 16-24th may flying on scoot... planning to stay 1.5 days in hakone with a night stay in a ryokan, another 1.5-2 days in disneyland with a night stay and the rest of the days touring around tokyo...

any recommendations for ryokan in hakone and hotel in tokyo as i not too familiar with tokyo? which area to stay is better? and what are some of the places to go visit for sight seeing and shopping beside meiji shrine, shibuya, harujuku, shinjuku, ropponji, odaiba, ueno,Tsukiji Fish Market

Budget for Tokyo hotel stay is how much per pax? And how many persons staying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.