Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #811

Planning to Visit Japan for the 1st time

Hi evilerniex,

I am really new to this forum and I have done some research base on all the others. However I still have some query. Hope you don't mind me asking simple/silly question.

1) Plan to visit Japan with my wife but both of us can read / speak Japanese. My wife would prefer to go a free and easy tour. Is it ok for us to do Free and Easy or best to follow tour
2) Planning to do the visit for 4-5 days hopefully with everything in doesn't exist 6k. Flight/accommodation/Transport/ meal (normal meal not restaurant type)

Time or date of visit still not plan。

Please advice.
Old 24-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #812
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi evilerniex,

I am really new to this forum and I have done some research base on all the others. However I still have some query. Hope you don't mind me asking simple/silly question.

1) Plan to visit Japan with my wife but both of us can read / speak Japanese. My wife would prefer to go a free and easy tour. Is it ok for us to do Free and Easy or best to follow tour
2) Planning to do the visit for 4-5 days hopefully with everything in doesn't exist 6k. Flight/accommodation/Transport/ meal (normal meal not restaurant type)

Please advice.
1) if u can speak japanese, then there is no problem going free & easy. u will enjoy urself a lot more when u go f&e coz u have to freedom and flexibility to see and do wat u like. but it is a typo and u mean u cant speak jap, no problem either. i myself cannot speak jap but have already done a few f&e trips to japan. just need to do research and plan ur trip well

2) 6k for a 4-5 day trip for 2 person is more than enuf unless u are planning to stay in expensive hotels and dine in restaurants. i just came back from 2 week in japan and spent a total of $2.1k including flight, hotel, food and everything
cpuer, dimitri_can and kalaisp like this.
Old 24-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #813
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi evilerniex,

Please advice.
Nice budget for 5 days. No worries. Many of us don't know much about Japanese also go F&E, for your case, all the more no problem. But F&E is very troublesome and time consuming as it requires lots of planning and hands on. If you don't have the time, maybe just sign up a tour package will do. Just my 2cents.
samtcy likes this.
Old 27-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #814

Hi,
Anyone just tour Hakone?I will arrived in Hokona on 6 Dec afternoon at 3, staying a night there, my hotel is near Togendai -Ko. Guess there is nothing much to do in the night, So my tour will start on the 7 dec. As i need to catch the train at Odawara at 4pm on 7 dec. I like to ask , when i take those sigh train, cable car etc, will there be long q and long waiting time? If i check out at 8am, i left wiith 6-7 our of tour, enough time to tour the loop? Considering of waiting time for the train , rope, cable car etc. thks
Old 27-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #815
High Supremacy Member

if you get the two day pass for Hakone (which is strongly recommended). You can do a part of the "Hakone round trip" when you reach there.

You can do the round trip as a day trip. I reached there at around 10? I left at around 4?

Did basically everything except the hiking trails.

As for you, I think you should be able to visit Gora and Souzan. Since you only there for one night, you wun be needing much clothes.
Old 27-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #816
Banned

can JR pass (Sanyo Area Pass) be used on their subway like midosuji line?
Old 27-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #817
High Supremacy Member

the JR Pass can only be used on train lines operated by Japan Railway

the other operators like Metro does not allow it
Old 27-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #818

Anyone going/coming back from Japan and is able to help me get a copy of GQ Japan January 2014 issue?
More than happy to pay double the cost.
Thanks!
PM me if you are able to help.
Old 28-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #819

normally i go Sucia + Nex for the discount but this time round I am taking Airport Limousine from Haneda to Tokyo & Tokyo to Narita.

Any discount tourist card to buy like Suica / Pasmo? or just pay 2000 yen to buy the normal Suica Card?

Purposes is so that I dont have to keep buying train tickets each time taking the subway
Old 29-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #820
Master Member

normally i go Sucia + Nex for the discount but this time round I am taking Airport Limousine from Haneda to Tokyo & Tokyo to Narita.

Any discount tourist card to buy like Suica / Pasmo? or just pay 2000 yen to buy the normal Suica Card?

Purposes is so that I dont have to keep buying train tickets each time taking the subway
Well, there is the Airport Limousine bus + 1 day (or 2 day) Metro Pass:
Narita and Haneda airport users -Limousine & Metro Pass
But since Metro pass only allows you to take unlimited trips on Metro (subway) lines within Tokyo, so it might not be worth it if you are taking a mix of Metro and JR Lines since this pass doesn't cover JR lines.

Personally, if I were you, I'd just get a simple SUICA card which works like our EZ-link. So that you don't need to buy single trip train tickets every time you take the Metro or JR line in Tokyo.
cpuer and kanashii23 like this.
Old 29-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #821
High Supremacy Member

the limousine + Metro pass or Keisei Skyliner + metro pass are still value for money

Metro line stations are bit more convenient location wise.

one mostly only use JR line for the Yamanote line in Tokyo
Old 29-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #822

hi..planning a solo trip to tokyo in march.
i was thinking of staying at either apartment / room via airbnb.

any1 here got experience?
Old 30-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #823

Any one knows how the power adaptor look like as I need to get before my trip...need to charge all my electrical devices everyday
Old 30-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #824
Supremacy Member

Old 30-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #825
Supremacy Member

Hey ts. Need help on below.
At train interchange, is there a need to tap in and tap out? Or is it like NE line change EW line just walk?

I'll be using ICOCA, but one trip is on shinkansen.
I will be reserving the tickets in advance, but not sure how I should buy it coz of the normal ticket plus express ticket thing. TS can advise?

The journey is as below:
Namba to shin-Osaka (either subway or nankai)
Shin-Osaka to Tokyo (shinkansen)
Tokyo to maihama (JR Rapid)
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.