HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #841

Do you know japanese? If you dont at least know how to read or speak simple japanese, I dont recommend you to go by yourself man, especially bringing kids around. My bro just came back from there, and noone could give a clear direction when being asked, not even the counter staff and let alone the security guard, lol!

Probably you can consider asking for travel agencies help, some of them can even customize trip for you. There is a website in Singapore, TripZilla that consolidates tour packages from all over Singapore and probably you can look from there as a start?

Sometimes they have great travel deals too!
Meaning you haven't been there? And how come all your posts are advising tripzilla?
Old 02-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #842

possible to shop in the transit area after arrival in Narita Airport before getting into the public area?
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #843

Do you know japanese? If you dont at least know how to read or speak simple japanese, I dont recommend you to go by yourself man, especially bringing kids around. My bro just came back from there, and noone could give a clear direction when being asked, not even the counter staff and let alone the security guard, lol!

Probably you can consider asking for travel agencies help, some of them can even customize trip for you. There is a website in Singapore, TripZilla that consolidates tour packages from all over Singapore and probably you can look from there as a start?

Sometimes they have great travel deals too!
This is totally wrong. Don't give wrong information to the forummers here by advertising your service. Train station staff can speak basic English and give clear directions. The people in Japan are also very helpful and will go all the way out to help you.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #844
Supremacy Member

I m also here if anyone needs help...
Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #845

I too don't speak japanese. I just went to Japan on my first time.
Did my homework and have many help from forumers here.
They gave so many suggestions and amend my itinerary many times.
Yes some japanese dont speak English but they are so nice and they go all the way to help you even though in different frequency.
I was lost in the trains once even though the auntie at the information counter speak english. She gave us the wrong trains to change.
It was just part of the trip fun and memory. I am hoping to go again next year.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #846
Arch-Supremacy Member

quote:

“I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro

“Too often. . .I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.” – Louis L’Amour

hehe, the romanticism of travel.

http://everything-everywhere.com/the...travel-quotes/
zanyduke likes this.

Last edited by cpuer; 02-12-2013 at 12:40 PM..
Old 02-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #847
Arch-Supremacy Member

if I going to stay there 3 days (only ing Tokyo), I don't need day pass, I just pay the ticket as I travel. like that more worth right?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #848
Supremacy Member

Going to kawaguchi on the first day from narita airport and back to tokyo the following day, which kind of train pass should i get? Thanks alot!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #849
Master Member

quote:

“I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro

“Too often. . .I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.” – Louis L’Amour

hehe, the romanticism of travel.

The Ultimate List of Inspirational Travel Quotes
To be romantic, need to get wonderful shoes first. I applaud the jp ladies for wearing heels every where
cpuer likes this.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #850
Arch-Supremacy Member

To be romantic, need to get wonderful shoes first. I applaud the jp ladies for wearing heels every where
man i so agree.... dammit i been HK b4 3 times & also walk quite alot but dammit!

when i went tokyo earlier last mth 4 the 1st time, i walked like a mad man!
lucky i wore my converse sneakers, quite comfy....

really no joke man... tokyo is a walking city!
fuzzybear likes this.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #851
Arch-Supremacy Member

if I going to stay there 3 days (only ing Tokyo), I don't need day pass, I just pay the ticket as I travel. like that more worth right?
if fly in/out from Narita then just get the NEX+SUICA will do.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #852
Arch-Supremacy Member

Going to kawaguchi on the first day from narita airport and back to tokyo the following day, which kind of train pass should i get? Thanks alot!
You can check out Kanto Area Pass, if you can do 3 days of extensive travelling to/fro Tokyo surrounding(including Kawaguchi). Worth the 8000 Yen.
JR Kanto Area Pass | Fares & Passes | JR-EAST
Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #853
Supremacy Member

You can check out Kanto Area Pass, if you can do 3 days of extensive travelling to/fro Tokyo surrounding(including Kawaguchi). Worth the 8000 Yen.
Oh but if only just one day, is there any alternatives? Thanks!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #854
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh but if only just one day, is there any alternatives? Thanks!
Hmm, JR East is saying you get lots of saving if you travel from narita to kawaguchiko via kanto Area Pass. But i wonder how they packaged that "saving". You may want to use Hyperdia to double check:
Old 03-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #855
Supremacy Member

Hmm, JR East is saying you get lots of saving if you travel from narita to kawaguchiko via kanto Area Pass. But i wonder how they packaged that "saving". You may want to use Hyperdia to double check:
Thanks bro! A few question more, is this pass cheaper than nex+suica even with top up after 3 days. And is nex+suica has unlimited travel time or need to top up too? Sorry and thanks!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.