Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #8791
Arch-Supremacy Member

any comments/advices? thanks!
for day 5,6,7, mt takao will probably be a whole day, mt mitake also. but u can plan for things to do in the evening/night back in tokyo city.
u can consider going kamakura if u are going enoshima, since it is along the way.
asakusa+odaiba can be a full day. u can consider going kappabashi or skytree near asakusa.
Old 14-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #8792

Anyone stayed in either Hotel Trusty Nagoya or Nishitetsu Inn Nagoya Nishiki?
reviews are like quite extreme. Trusty is cheaper though. or any other recommendations?

Thinking of basing out of Nagoya for 7D6N, doing day trips out. Travelling solo so itinerary very flexible.
Old 14-05-2018, 11:55 AM   #8793

If I traveling to from Kyoto Station to Shinjuku station and using Shinkansen, which station is easier to transit with luggages? Tokyo Station or Shinagawa?
Old 14-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #8794
Greater Supremacy Member

Thanks for the comments!

for day 5,6,7, mt takao will probably be a whole day, mt mitake also. but u can plan for things to do in the evening/night back in tokyo city.
u can consider going kamakura if u are going enoshima, since it is along the way.
asakusa+odaiba can be a full day. u can consider going kappabashi or skytree near asakusa.
Old 15-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #8795

If given the following choices which shld I choose, Iím gg from nagoya to Namba (hotel near namba subway station):

1) Kintetsu cost: ~4300jpy time: ~2hrs
2) Kodama shinkansen cost: ~4400jpy (using Platt Kodama) time: ~1+hrs need to change subway

My frens have never taken shinkansen. Kodama is the slowest version. Cost is an issue hence no nozomi or hikari. We have only cabin baggage. Time not an issue.

(Itís a pity kintetsu rail pass got rid for the 2 free seat reservation and limited express option. Else it will be my choice.)

Last edited by chemcutie; 15-05-2018 at 09:22 PM..
Old 15-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #8796

If I traveling to from Kyoto Station to Shinjuku station and using Shinkansen, which station is easier to transit with luggages? Tokyo Station or Shinagawa?
My preference is shinagawa Cos I find it less messy and complicated. But it will also depend on where u are staying and will line u gg to change to.
Old 15-05-2018, 10:39 PM   #8797

been to japan many times. however next month school holiday. will be going to nagoya for first time. need some suggestion on itinerary.
im a free and easy guy. travelling with kids.
Old 16-05-2018, 12:04 AM   #8798
Master Member

i thought the choice is obvious? and the shinkansen tickets are good value considering they are 30% off (provided you could get these Platt tickets). besides it's only 100jpy diff

or can go slow travel with kintetsu 5 day pass @ 3500jpy, stop by nara / kyoto before you heading to hotel @ namba

If given the following choices which shld I choose, Iím gg from nagoya to Namba (hotel near namba subway station):

1) Kintetsu cost: ~4300jpy time: ~2hrs
2) Kodama shinkansen cost: ~4400jpy (using Platt Kodama) time: ~1+hrs need to change subway

My frens have never taken shinkansen. Kodama is the slowest version. Cost is an issue hence no nozomi or hikari. We have only cabin baggage. Time not an issue.

(Itís a pity kintetsu rail pass got rid for the 2 free seat reservation and limited express option. Else it will be my choice.)
Old 16-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #8799
Master Member

been to japan many times. however next month school holiday. will be going to nagoya for first time. need some suggestion on itinerary.
Nagoya has the new legoland but with mixed reviews.
Old 16-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #8800

i thought the choice is obvious? and the shinkansen tickets are good value considering they are 30% off (provided you could get these Platt tickets). besides it's only 100jpy diff

or can go slow travel with kintetsu 5 day pass @ 3500jpy, stop by nara / kyoto before you heading to hotel @ namba
I abit lazy to change trains. but ya since its one of the frens 1st trip and they all no sit shinkansen before, maybe its good to take it.

the Kintetsu 5 days pass not as worthwhile liao. Nagoya to Namba need to pay ard 2000jpy more for the limited express fee. last time this was covered but now no more liao
Old 16-05-2018, 08:41 AM   #8801

daytrip to shirakawago?
day trip to gamagori, since there's
- for kids https://www.lagunatenbosch.co.jp/lag...ish/index.html
- takeshima
nabana no sato for flowers
grynove likes this.
Old 16-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #8802
Master Member

For kanazawa to shirakawago day trip in june, can i buy bus tickets on the spot? Or btr to reserve?

Not possible buy in sg first right?

Within shirakawago just walk ard on foot enough?

Sent from Samsung SM-A520F using GAGT
Old 16-05-2018, 12:26 PM   #8803
Arch-Supremacy Member

For kanazawa to shirakawago day trip in june, can i buy bus tickets on the spot? Or btr to reserve?

Not possible buy in sg first right?

Within shirakawago just walk ard on foot enough?

Sent from Samsung SM-A520F using GAGT
I made reservation online for the bus tickets. Hence when I reached, I only needed to go find it where the boarding area for the bus is, then I went for lunch and browsed the malls until it's time to board the bus. I didn't really like having to rush and having to find where the office is to purchase tickets etc.
Old 16-05-2018, 02:10 PM   #8804
Master Member

Planning to go Kyoto , Tokyo and Hokkaido next year Spring.

Is it better to start off from Kyoto > Tokyo > Hokkaido
or the other way round Hokkaido > Tokyo > Kyoto

Does it make much of a difference either way?
Old 16-05-2018, 02:59 PM   #8805

Sry, this may seem to be a noob qns but Am I allow to buy whisky back to sg? Need to declare?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.