HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #8806

Planning to go Kyoto , Tokyo and Hokkaido next year Spring.

Is it better to start off from Kyoto > Tokyo > Hokkaido
or the other way round Hokkaido > Tokyo > Kyoto

Does it make much of a difference either way?
Which month? Planning to see sakura? If late march/early april, Kyoto and Tokyo will be good for sakura. For Hokkaido, the sakura opens around late april/early may.
Old 16-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #8807
Master Member

Sry, this may seem to be a noob qns but Am I allow to buy whisky back to sg? Need to declare?
assume you're referring to duty-free, it's not the country of purchase but whether you are within the duty-free allowance, which I think it's 1 bottle whisky + other alcohol.

if over duty-free allowance, by right need to declare and pay tax.
Old 16-05-2018, 04:52 PM   #8808
Master Member

Which month? Planning to see sakura? If late march/early april, Kyoto and Tokyo will be good for sakura. For Hokkaido, the sakura opens around late april/early may.
Probably in March or April. But Sakura not very important as I've already seen it before.
Old 16-05-2018, 05:38 PM   #8809

Probably in March or April. But Sakura not very important as I've already seen it before.
Hokkaido might still be cold in March so if that is a factor, maybe visit Hokkaido last. Better to get open jaw tickets for your trip.
Old 16-05-2018, 07:34 PM   #8810

Hokkaido might still be cold in March so if that is a factor, maybe visit Hokkaido last. Better to get open jaw tickets for your trip.
Went to Sapporo third week of March and it snowed LOL.... we enjoyed it though, so if you’re keen to enjoy cold weather still can do. Just did a few days in Sapporo then went to Tokyo etc afterwards.
Old 16-05-2018, 09:12 PM   #8811
Supremacy Member

Sry, this may seem to be a noob qns but Am I allow to buy whisky back to sg? Need to declare?
http://www.customs.gov.sg/~/media/cu...duty_free.html

Old 17-05-2018, 03:24 AM   #8812
Supremacy Member

Nagoya has the new legoland but with mixed reviews.
heard its quite empty..
Old 17-05-2018, 11:42 AM   #8813

heard its quite empty..
heard the same thing also. anyone been there ? only a few blogpost

daytrip to shirakawago?
day trip to gamagori, since there's
- for kids https://www.lagunatenbosch.co.jp/lag...ish/index.html
- takeshima
nabana no sato for flowers
thanks man. will take note of this. toyota museum also on my list.
Old 17-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #8814
Master Member

heard its quite empty..
Went there recently but didnít enter the theme park. I guess why it isnít so popular because it is located a bit outskirt of Nagoya and JR pass does not cover the line to Legoland.
Old 17-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #8815
Master Member

heard the same thing also. anyone been there ? only a few blogpost

thanks man. will take note of this. toyota museum also on my list.
There are a few Toyota museums showing different things. Make sure itís the one you want to visit.
Old 17-05-2018, 06:16 PM   #8816
Master Member

hi guys, its my first trip to japan coming this june and i'm a little confused with the train planner hyperdia.

I am travelling from Tokyo Shinjuku -> (via ltd narita express) Shinagawa -> (via shinkansen nozomi) Kyoto -> SagaArashiyama station where my airbnb is located. According to hyperdia, the sagaarashiyama train is a local train, i heard from my friends that booking for shinkansen and local trains are diff counters. Howevever, hyperdia shows that the journey with or without the last leg, from kyoto-sagaarashiyama is the same price. Does this mean that i can make a booking for the entire journey at shinjuku station at the start for one price? or do i have to book several separate tickets for this journey? TIA
Old 17-05-2018, 06:57 PM   #8817

hi guys, its my first trip to japan coming this june and i'm a little confused with the train planner hyperdia.

I am travelling from Tokyo Shinjuku -> (via ltd narita express) Shinagawa -> (via shinkansen nozomi) Kyoto -> SagaArashiyama station where my airbnb is located. According to hyperdia, the sagaarashiyama train is a local train, i heard from my friends that booking for shinkansen and local trains are diff counters. Howevever, hyperdia shows that the journey with or without the last leg, from kyoto-sagaarashiyama is the same price. Does this mean that i can make a booking for the entire journey at shinjuku station at the start for one price? or do i have to book several separate tickets for this journey? TIA
Why not take the local train from shinjuku to Tokyo main station which does not require booking (like MRT). Then go to the shinkansen ticket office to book your seats to Kyoto. Finally local train to saga Arashimaya no booking.
Old 17-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #8818
Greater Supremacy Member

Your Shinkansen ticket from shinagawa to Kyoto allows you to transfer to a local train and exit within the city with the same ticket. No need to buy another ticket.
Old 17-05-2018, 11:30 PM   #8819

what input search input parameters you entered? don't understand how you could get ltd narita express (NEX) from shinjuku to shinagawa? if you not using JR rail pass, you want to use local line as NEX costs much more

as NEX, shinkansen are separate train network, as far as i know, you will have to book separately. so you will have 2 tickets bookings
1. NEX (Shinjuku - Shinagawa)
2. Shinkansen (Shinagawa - kyoto)

for local train (kyoto - SagaArashiyama), no reservation needed, just buy ticket or flash your JR rail pass when you enter/exit the local train gate

Last edited by rrr2015; 17-05-2018 at 11:33 PM..
Old 18-05-2018, 12:26 AM   #8820

There are a few Toyota museums showing different things. Make sure itís the one you want to visit.
what the ? is there a recommended one ??
i really tot only 1 toyota museum
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.