Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jansen chan

Banned
Reaction score
Flying off to Tokyo 2molo & reaching on morning 21th.

What's the weather like now?

My friend was telling me no need for winter clothing now, just thick clothings esp for the night.

What's the advise as i dun like cold one.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think he meant accommodation up at Murodo which is quite limited.
if i remember correctly, there is only 1 hotel up there, tateyama hotel, which is quite expensive. got a few ryokans also, but must walk quite a bit.

Ooops I read wrongly.

If it is Murodo, I though this mountain lodge will be the best place for a single person for 1 night? It is right in the middle of the mountain? Or is this place too difficult to get to?
—§ŽRŽº“°ŽR‘‘

lapucelle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Flying off to Tokyo 2molo & reaching on morning 21th.

What's the weather like now?

My friend was telling me no need for winter clothing now, just thick clothings esp for the night.

What's the advise as i dun like cold one.

Was 18-19 few days back but now its back to 10ish cos its wet.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ooops I read wrongly.

If it is Murodo, I though this mountain lodge will be the best place for a single person for 1 night? It is right in the middle of the mountain? Or is this place too difficult to get to?
—§ŽRŽº“°ŽR‘‘

this is the one i stayed in!
not bad... about 10-15min walk from murodo terminal.

unfortunately for me, that time when i was there, it was raining heavily, so the walk to the lodge was cold and miserable, and too foggy to see anything. otherwise it would have been a nice walk coz u will pass by the lake

Espedine

Reaction score
We just got back last week with the weather about 3-6Degs throughout Osaka/Kyoto/Hiroshima/Miyajima/Nara/Kobe. On the scenic train at Arashiyama, it was clear and sunny 1 min and suddenly heavily snowing at the next stop! All the locals were hiding in the shelter & only both of us suaku sgreans ran out to take pics and play in the snow. We both got minor frostbites and the back of our hands bled. great fun. hahaha

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
Where will u go at Osaka at evening n night?? Day time in osaka easy to plan but how abt evening n night time?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where will u go at Osaka at evening n night?? Day time in osaka easy to plan but how abt evening n night time?

just leave all the shopping and makan places for evening and night. e.g. dotonbori, shinsaibashi, den den town, umeda.

one of the evening can go umeda sky building observatory for sunset/night view of city. there is a newly opened tallest building in osaka, Abeno Harukas. probably will have an observatory there too

jep

Reaction score
fukuoka and saga

Like to ask how to go saga from fukuoka? By train, how long it takes to arrive (by the cheapest mode)? By bus=> where to hop the bus in fukuoka and where to stop in saga.

Many thanks :)

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like to ask how to go saga from fukuoka? By train, how long it takes to arrive (by the cheapest mode)? By bus=> where to hop the bus in fukuoka and where to stop in saga.

Many thanks :)

Train wise From Hakata(Fukuoka) stn to Saga stn is about 40min cost 1080yen(1April onward pricing may change due to new GST rate)

Kage82

Reaction score

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
where can i start looking for promo ticket to tokyo? wanna do f&e trip in nov, for abt 8days.. :o

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, need some help regarding my single day in Tokyo.

My flight on Sat 5th Apr 2014 will be at 8.50pm from Narita. Assuming that i take the NEX from tokyo station at 6pm. reaching Narita airport at 7pm. Check in and last min buys of foodstuffs at the airport.

So lets say i check out early after my breakfast at the hotel in Yokohama i dart into the train and head to Tokyo where i deposit my check-in luggage with the train station.

Will there be time for me to go to UENO Park to admire the Cherry blossoms, Then head to Akihabara for a quick run around then finish at Tokyo station Daimaru till my NEX ride to Narita.

Is it doable?

Jargon

Reaction score
It depends on whether you already have things in mind to get from Akihabara. Even then, Akihabara might be a little confusing to navigate if it's your first time there.

Including your lunch and dinner time, I suggest you leave out either Ueno or Akihabara to fully enjoy either one, else it might feel rushed.

Just my 2 cents

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now that the NEX ticket becomes one way (Narita-Tokyo), is there any other way to travel back from Tokyo to Narita? TIA

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Now that the NEX ticket becomes one way (Narita-Tokyo), is there any other way to travel back from Tokyo to Narita? TIA

Just get the return package with Suica? Otherwise it's more or less the same with the one-way from Narita to Tokyo at 1500 yen and the regular priced ticket is like 3000 yen for single trip? Doesn't means there's no more NEX back to Narita, just no promo price. It's cheaper by 500 yen though if you calculate the total cost.

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just get the return package with Suica? Otherwise it's more or less the same with the one-way from Narita to Tokyo at 1500 yen and the regular priced ticket is like 3000 yen for single trip? Doesn't means there's no more NEX back to Narita, just no promo price. It's cheaper by 500 yen though if you calculate the total cost.

So that means there still have ticket for NEX two-way trips? Just no promo price only right?

Because there's no more NEX + Suica package already.

Last edited:

ericwilis

Reaction score
If you're going to Kyoto directly from the airport and not using JR trains on the same day, then it is cheaper to buy the ICOCA and Haruka pass.

One way cost 3,000 yen which come with a 2,000 yen Icoca card, thus effecting costing you 1,000 yen for the ride on the Kansai-Airport Express "HARUKA" train to Kyoto.

Im intending to buy this ICOCA and Haruka pass, as ill immediately go kyoto.
However im confused if the ticket round trip can be used if im not coming back from kyoto.
im planning to depart back to KIX from either tennoji or osaka.
Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.