HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2018, 08:08 PM   #8836

Hi, would like to ask whatís the possible ways to purchase the USJ new night parade? I tried backing through their website but thereís always problem and it doesnít allow me to select the number of tickets required. But Lawson and Tahoo tickets need Japan address which I donít have. Does anyone knows which agency sells the night parade tickets now?
Old 22-05-2018, 10:54 PM   #8837

u can just buy the normal entry ticket from Klook. if you want to buy the add-on special check-in pass, the official website is the only way to go. I tried navigating the website it's ok though, i can choose the date and number of tickets and add to carts. maybe u miss out clicking on some options.

https://www.klook.com/article/2231-u...ade-osaka-2018
Thank you.. realised that itís a chrome problem.. has managed to purchase the tixs!
Old 23-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #8838

Went japan before but first time planning dec trip around 16-18 days

Is it advisable to go during the 2nd week to last week of dec? Anything that I should take note of?
Old 23-05-2018, 02:22 PM   #8839
Supremacy Member

Is it advisable to go during the 2nd week to last week of dec? Anything that I should take note of?
christmas period some area might be hard to find hotel if u book late... and expensive... need to plan and book earlier...
Old 23-05-2018, 05:15 PM   #8840
Arch-Supremacy Member

Air tickets may also be very expensive or unavailable if your desired flight days are on the public holidays. For example JAL doesn't have flights back to SG from Tokyo on 25th Dec 2018 if you try to book it only now.
Old 23-05-2018, 06:13 PM   #8841

Thanks for the replies.

Looking to do SIN-HND or NRT then exit via KIX-SIN. Will be using mixture of award and revenue ticket.

I understand that hotels will be more expensive - my worry is year end attractions or things to do will be less etc. or crowds are unbearable. Donít want to be like stuck in the hotel and noting to visit except shopping.

Also in the middle of winter, not sure If it will be too cold. First time traveling winter.

Wondering if people who have went summer and winter to japan can comment on the differences

Last edited by azeris10; 23-05-2018 at 06:26 PM..
Old 23-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #8842
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can't comment on summer because haven't been there during summer. Went Tokyo+Kyoto during mid Dec 2 years back, was extremely windy and cold at Shinjuku. Average temp about 6-9 at night, which is actually not that cold (for me) but it was super windy, so that made the cold a lot worse as I didn't bring windbreaker. During the day it hovered around 12-15, with wind...

Kyoto on the other hand, wasn't that cold during the day. It could get cold at night, but it's not as windy as in Shinjuku so I was fine with the cold.

That being said, in such situation, just wear a fleece jacket and a windbreaker on top of it and you should be fine. Hands will be very cold though, so gloves are a must with heat packs in your jacket pockets if required.
Old 24-05-2018, 07:19 AM   #8843
Master Member

I'm thinking of taking sq for my next April trip, coming from korea

So I'll be buying:
SIN-ICN
HND-SIN

is $810 price ok?
Considering I need to buy another ticket from Korea to Japan (Osaka), taking Asiana $269

Total would cost me $1088

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
Old 24-05-2018, 09:40 AM   #8844

Christmas nothing much, eat chicken. New year dont stay too late, unless you want to mingle with drunk tourists. Save your shopping for 1st Jan, Loads of sales. one uniqlo heat-tech is enough, if you have another layer and thick wool jacket. Look at weather first thing u wake up. I had a day where it was pretty hot, then the next day freezing cold. had to go back to hotel just to change haha
Old 24-05-2018, 09:45 AM   #8845

Can't comment on summer because haven't been there during summer. Went Tokyo+Kyoto during mid Dec 2 years back, was extremely windy and cold at Shinjuku. Average temp about 6-9 at night, which is actually not that cold (for me) but it was super windy, so that made the cold a lot worse as I didn't bring windbreaker. During the day it hovered around 12-15, with wind...

Kyoto on the other hand, wasn't that cold during the day. It could get cold at night, but it's not as windy as in Shinjuku so I was fine with the cold.

That being said, in such situation, just wear a fleece jacket and a windbreaker on top of it and you should be fine. Hands will be very cold though, so gloves are a must with heat packs in your jacket pockets if required.
Wah 6-9 degrees is quite low. Will take caution to dress sufficiently
Old 24-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #8846

Christmas nothing much, eat chicken. New year dont stay too late, unless you want to mingle with drunk tourists. Save your shopping for 1st Jan, Loads of sales. one uniqlo heat-tech is enough, if you have another layer and thick wool jacket. Look at weather first thing u wake up. I had a day where it was pretty hot, then the next day freezing cold. had to go back to hotel just to change haha
I see. Still thinking whether to depart on 30 dec or 2 Jan. Might stay to see NYE And for the sales but of course hotel costs sure exceed shopping discounts
Old 24-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #8847
Supremacy Member

I'm thinking of taking sq for my next April trip, coming from korea

So I'll be buying:
SIN-ICN
HND-SIN

is $810 price ok?
Considering I need to buy another ticket from Korea to Japan (Osaka), taking Asiana $269

Total would cost me $1088

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
I don't know whats your itinerary but if you have time, you may wanna explore a different route.

From S Korea, u can take a ferry from Busan to Fukuoka (Kyushu) and then take the Shinkansen (perhaps buy the 7 day JR pass) and travel from Fukuoka to Osaka and then to Tokyo to catch ur flight back.
Old 24-05-2018, 10:06 AM   #8848

I see. Still thinking whether to depart on 30 dec or 2 Jan. Might stay to see NYE And for the sales but of course hotel costs sure exceed shopping discounts
For late Dec, there are many winter illuminations if that is your sort of thing. Some of them might end on 25 Dec, others would have longer display time. Personally, i feel Tokyo Midtown and Shiodome are the ones not to miss if you are short of time.

For NYE, I remember there was celebration at Shibuya crossing, Tokyo Tower and Skytree when I was there 2 years. Most of the sales actually start from 3 Jan onwards so you might want to extend if you want to shop. Take note that some attractions/shops may close or end early from 31 Dec - 2 Jan.
Old 24-05-2018, 10:31 AM   #8849

For NYE, I remember there was celebration at Shibuya crossing, Tokyo Tower and Skytree when I was there 2 years. Most of the sales actually start from 3 Jan onwards so you might want to extend if you want to shop. Take note that some attractions/shops may close or end early from 31 Dec - 2 Jan.
Ya mine had a big countdown thingy. At 9pm it was massively crowded already, first time seeing tourist outnumbering Japanese. Went back apartment watch fireworks on TV and got drunk instead hhahaha.

The shop closures or early closures were pretty annoying too. Went all the way to Asakusa at 5pm with everything closed on one of those days -.-, and I really wanted to try their Melon-Pan.
Old 24-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #8850

their discount quite crazy leh. for eg. Adidas had 30-50% off, then if you surpass a minimum amount, extra 20% on the receipt. This was in Shinjuku, not factory outlet. I bought their workout attire for $5-$9 sia.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.